Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #91
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
He was saying the Denton track was better I believe.
Noooo Derek and rebelracer both said the prep and the track are terrible at northstar

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #92
DirtyD

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
He was saying the Denton track was better I believe.
Northstar is the only track in Denton. Lol
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #93
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Northstar is the only track in Denton. Lol
No shit?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #94
Oxford14Stang

Old 08-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #95
downtime!

One of HPP's customer cars went 5.60 on Friday night at Northstar on his second run ever in the car. I'd say track prep is/was pretty good.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #96
DirtyD

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
One of HPP's customer cars went 5.60 on Friday night at Northstar on his second run ever in the car. I'd say track prep is/was pretty good.
Yeah, I met up with Robert today and he said that they were doing bracket and jr dragster there last night, so that's one reason why the track prep was better than normal
Old 08-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #97
Oxford14Stang

Okay I don't know how to put this, they prep the track whenever a badass car pulls up to the line, like trailer queens, dragsters, race bikes, shit like that. For your test & tune cars, and or street cars they don't do shit!! on top of all that rebelracer who lives across the street from the track, and has been racing there since he was a kid in jr dragsters took professional pictures on the track(as you'd see on the facebook page when he posted some pics up), and when he walked the track he said the track was coming apart, pieces just breaking and cracking all over the track. So you can't tell me that northstar has "good prepping" they've got a select few times that they do prep. if you'd like i'll post the video of in-car-cam of me running down the track and losing traction hitting third gear going sideways at 70mph. That is complete bullshit. I shouldn't have to lift off the gas twice to get my car straight more than half way down the track and run a 9.0

Yeah, I met up with Robert today and he said that they were doing bracket and jr dragster there last night, so that's one reason why the track prep was better than normal
that's the only time they ever do anything.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #98
Oxford14Stang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivuq5WNnGbU

that's the video. Listen to second gear as I had to let off cause i felt the car starting to slide, than listen/watch as I hit third gear.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #99
KalEl370

Yea it was tough getting runs in. Only had a chance between jr dragsters and brackets. After a run or two they would call the jrs back up. Good meeting you Derek.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #100
downtime!

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Okay I don't know how to put this, they prep the track whenever a badass car pulls up to the line, like trailer queens, dragsters, race bikes, shit like that. For your test & tune cars, and or street cars they don't do shit!! on top of all that rebelracer who lives across the street from the track, and has been racing there since he was a kid in jr dragsters took professional pictures on the track(as you'd see on the facebook page when he posted some pics up), and when he walked the track he said the track was coming apart, pieces just breaking and cracking all over the track. So you can't tell me that northstar has "good prepping" they've got a select few times that they do prep. if you'd like i'll post the video of in-car-cam of me running down the track and losing traction hitting third gear going sideways at 70mph. That is complete bullshit. I shouldn't have to lift off the gas twice to get my car straight more than half way down the track and run a 9.0

that's the only time they ever do anything.
I don't know how to put this, but it takes a solid 20 minutes to "prep" a lane, so no, they don't do it before a "hot" car comes to the line. They might spray a little extra VHT on the line, but if you watch, they do that after so many passes anyway. From the vid you posted, I'm going to say you were on street tires, and spinning on streets is not a matter of track prep, but of driver mod. You think you should be able to launch and keep it pinned like a race car? You modulate the amount of gas pedal to accommodate your current level of traction. If you're spinning, you feather the gas until it stops, and then get back into it, it's called "pedaling". And for the record, nothing, and I mean nothing, screws up a well prepped track like someone spinning their street tires half way down the track.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #101
DirtyD

I don't know how to put this, but it takes a solid 20 minutes to "prep" a lane, so no, they don't do it before a "hot" car comes to the line. They might spray a little extra VHT on the line, but if you watch, they do that after so many passes anyway. From the vid you posted, I'm going to say you were on street tires, and spinning on streets is not a matter of track prep, but of driver mod. You think you should be able to launch and keep it pinned like a race car? You modulate the amount of gas pedal to accommodate your current level of traction. If you're spinning, you feather the gas until it stops, and then get back into it, it's called "pedaling". And for the record, nothing, and I mean nothing, screws up a well prepped track like someone spinning their street tires half way down the track.
Jeff was even having trouble launching on DRs at a test and tune might. Beau couldn't get it to do much better. Hooking just wasn't happening.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #102
downtime!

Answer me one question then, how did a car making 800 hp hook up and run a new personal best of 5.60 that night, when ya'll couldn't get 400 hp to hook up and run?

Half the battle of drag racing is figuring out the track and how your car reacts to its differing conditions. You play with your launch rpm, going up incrementally until you start to spin, and then you start varying your rear air pressure, taking a pound out every run until you bog, then you start raising your launch rpm again. It's not a guessing game, and it's not "shoot and pray".

You don't just go out and run, have a shitty lap and then blame it on the track. HPP goes out there every Friday, and every Friday, their cars and their customer cars, run some really quick times, so it can't just be the track prep.

Spend some time learning how your car reacts to the conditions. That means don't just go out there and nail it and hang on, really learn how to drive your car. What RPM does it like to launch at. Do you even look at the tach before a run? What tire pressure does it like for a given temperature? Did you check tire pressure?

That's what drag racing is actually all about. Learning your particular car and how it reacts in different conditions.

There are way too many cars out there, on any given night, that can go fast no matter what, so don't blame it on track prep. Optimize your combination, learn how to really drive it (that does NOT mean point it down track, mat the gas and hang on for the ride), and then see what happens.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #103
DirtyD

I've never run mine, so I can't really talk...lol
Old 08-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #104
downtime!

Not ragging on ya man, just get tired of hearing "bad track prep" from people that haven't figured out how to drive their cars yet. Yes, sometimes the track does suck, but not every time out. Too many people running good to blame it on the track every time.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #105
03MachMe

I ran some great times at Northstar in the mach with just tired exhaust and gears

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote