Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #11
downtime!

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Okay I don't know how to put this, they prep the track whenever a badass car pulls up to the line, like trailer queens, dragsters, race bikes, shit like that. For your test & tune cars, and or street cars they don't do shit!! on top of all that rebelracer who lives across the street from the track, and has been racing there since he was a kid in jr dragsters took professional pictures on the track(as you'd see on the facebook page when he posted some pics up), and when he walked the track he said the track was coming apart, pieces just breaking and cracking all over the track. So you can't tell me that northstar has "good prepping" they've got a select few times that they do prep. if you'd like i'll post the video of in-car-cam of me running down the track and losing traction hitting third gear going sideways at 70mph. That is complete bullshit. I shouldn't have to lift off the gas twice to get my car straight more than half way down the track and run a 9.0

that's the only time they ever do anything.
I don't know how to put this, but it takes a solid 20 minutes to "prep" a lane, so no, they don't do it before a "hot" car comes to the line. They might spray a little extra VHT on the line, but if you watch, they do that after so many passes anyway. From the vid you posted, I'm going to say you were on street tires, and spinning on streets is not a matter of track prep, but of driver mod. You think you should be able to launch and keep it pinned like a race car? You modulate the amount of gas pedal to accommodate your current level of traction. If you're spinning, you feather the gas until it stops, and then get back into it, it's called "pedaling". And for the record, nothing, and I mean nothing, screws up a well prepped track like someone spinning their street tires half way down the track.