PDA

View Full Version : DFW 5.0s Callout Lists

Pages : 1 2 [3]

blownaltered
08-19-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm not done, I'm fixing my tach this week and I'm gunning for slow grey GT :boxing:

Grandpa
08-19-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm not done, I'm fixing my tach this week and I'm gunning for slow grey GT :boxing:

Oh, so you want a shot at the #50 spot on the list, eh? Bring that museum piece on Roonie Dandles!!!

blownaltered
08-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Oh, so you want a shot at the #50 spot on the list, eh? Bring that museum piece on Roonie Dandles!!!

That 50 spot is mine old man. Hopefully once I get the tach fixed I will be able to run out the rpms instead of short shifting.

Junkie
08-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Lol hell I could post the fastest timeslips and these pussies still won't put me up there cause I don't talk nice to them and say I'm slow and shit. Pssssh

you are slow and shit

Grandpa
08-19-2013, 02:56 PM
That 50 spot is mine old man. Hopefully once I get the tach fixed I will be able to run out the rpms instead of short shifting.

You take my #50 spot I'll kick you in the hip.

blownaltered
08-19-2013, 03:27 PM
You take my #50 spot I'll kick you in the hip.

triangle for the win :popcorn:

kdanner
08-19-2013, 05:51 PM
I wasn't happy with the times so I just threw away the slips. Sorry.

I should have thought of this before. I can look up your slips on live timing. What was your car number?

kdanner
08-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Never mind, I found you, car #4050. I did a comparison with a 2013 I've done some work on. It's a base GT with auto/brembo/recaro/tech package. Engine is 100% untouched, has the stock 3.15 axle. Just has a converter, driveshaft, off road X, my calibration. Good wheels and tires and the only suspension he has is a Roush upper. He lost the weight of the sway bar and those 17" fronts save a little, but then again you don't have the weight of the automatic or the Brembos either, so the weights of your cars would be very close. This is his best pass vs the best pass from your car on Saturday. We won't worry about down low where you had traction problems and he is bound to be quicker because of that. The downtrack splits are what interests me, this shows the horsepower. You can see that from 660 on you're 0.0168 quicker than him. Now in fairness he was in 950' air, and you were in 1750' so we have to allow some for that. All said and done, in my opinion your car wasn't making steam anywhere near the HP number claimed, I'd guess it was 75-100 short of that considering it can barely pull a bone stock engine in the back half. With good traction/driving and better air you might touch the 11.30s, I don't see any more than that without making some changes.

bFPMkclG64Q

Toby
08-19-2013, 06:40 PM
I am wondering if maybe since jeff has been switching back and forth between e85 and pump that maybe there is a slight bad mixture of fuel that nite and the tune was pulling timing??? Just curious as to why it did not perform. I have not rode in the car, but from my understanding of his and nicks race he was running away from him which shows he is making more steam. Even though their mph was pretty similar... just some food for thought.. we need to get a log of his car soon and see what is going on with it on the street..

OG Fox
08-19-2013, 06:48 PM
I am wondering if maybe since jeff has been switching back and forth between e85 and pump that maybe there is a slight bad mixture of fuel that nite and the tune was pulling timing??? Just curious as to why it did not perform. I have not rode in the car, but from my understanding of his and nicks race he was running away from him which shows he is making more steam. Even though their mph was pretty similar... just some food for thought.. we need to get a log of his car soon and see what is going on with it on the street..

you guys and your bad mixtures of fuel. remind me to not gas up in mckinney.

Toby
08-19-2013, 06:52 PM

Hey Im just throwing out an idea. It has nothing to do with the gas station but more on having 2-3 gallons of 93 then putting 10 gallons of e85.. At that point you no longer have e85... I get fuel for my truck in mckinney with 0 issues.. I use race track and qt at 75 and 380. i regularly get 18-19 mpg from my truck.

Toby
08-19-2013, 06:54 PM
I am wondering if maybe since jeff has been switching back and forth between e85 and pump that maybe there is a slight bad mixture of fuel that nite and the tune was pulling timing???

?????

kdanner
08-19-2013, 06:56 PM

What procedure is being used to empty the tank? I have a fitting on the fuel rail that I put a hose on and I run the car while that hose empties into a jug, until the car quits. I wondered about this same thing, how much fuel was left in the tank, so after doing this, I pulled the pump out to take a look. I was amazed how little is actually left. Between what was in the bucket around the pump, and what was left in the tank itself, it was maybe a cup of fuel left over. Was really nice to see that, better than I thought it would be.

Toby
08-19-2013, 06:59 PM
What procedure is being used to empty the tank? I have a fitting on the fuel rail that I put a hose on and I run the car while that hose empties into a jug, until the car quits. I wondered about this same thing, how much fuel was left in the tank, so after doing this, I pulled the pump out to take a look. I was amazed how little is actually left. Between what was in the bucket around the pump, and what was left in the tank itself, it was maybe a cup of fuel left over. Was really nice to see that, better than I thought it would be.

I can only assume he drives it as low as he feels comfortable then fills up and switches tunes..

But yes these systems are designed to empty as much fuel out as possible. Every time I empty on to install a fuel system, there is little to no fuel left in the bottom of the tank. Very good engineering!

It is kinda a pita to turn the fuel pump on manually, but I have made a couple tools that makes it pretty easy and quick so you dont have to run the car while the tank empties..

OG Fox
08-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Hey Im just throwing out an idea. It has nothing to do with the gas station but more on having 2-3 gallons of 93 then putting 10 gallons of e85.. At that point you no longer have e85... I get fuel for my truck in mckinney with 0 issues.. I use race track and qt at 75 and 380. i regularly get 18-19 mpg from my truck.

should'nt it be common sense for him to use up a full tank before racing on e85 to make sure theres no traces of 93 left. I think you guys make too many excuses for him.

Toby
08-19-2013, 07:02 PM
should'nt it be common sense for him to use up a full tank before racing on e85 to make sure theres no traces of 93 left. I think you guys make too many excuses for him.

I am making 0 excuses for him. Again as I said before, the car did not perform like it should. Go back and re-read my previous post.

kdanner
08-19-2013, 07:05 PM
It is kinda a pita to turn the fuel pump on manually, but I have made a couple tools that makes it pretty easy and quick so you dont have to run the car while the tank empties..

I've thought about doing that. If I had an extra dead FPDM I'd hack it up for the connector and make a harness that just plugs in place of the FPDM to run the pump.

Midnight11
08-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Again he makes a 100 more hp then me and has more mods he should have walked me

Toby
08-19-2013, 07:40 PM

Again he makes a 100 more hp then me and has more mods he should have walked me

Noted :cheers:

BLK2012GT
08-19-2013, 07:41 PM
I already went through a tank of e85. So it was straight e85 in the car.

OG Fox
08-19-2013, 07:42 PM
I already went through a tank of e85. So it was straight e85 in the car.

well i guess we can rule that out as an excuse.

BLK2012GT
08-19-2013, 07:43 PM
well i guess we can rule that out as an excuse.

Who's making excuse. If their dyno is off by 75-100 hp then I guess your car made 50-75 rwhp.

Toby
08-19-2013, 07:44 PM
well i guess we can rule that out as a cause.

Fixed that for you. :cheers:

Yagermeister
08-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Whenever I switch fuels, I pull the fuel connector in the trunk and start the car and run it til dies then connect a gt500 fuel filter and hose to the fuel rail into a 5 gallon jug. I then have a tune to turn on just the fuel pump to drain the rest. Never have any problems.

Dark Pony
08-19-2013, 08:10 PM
So what about this list...? Enough with what Jeff's car did or didn't do. We have literally wasted a stupid amount of time talking about it.

ochoblanco
08-19-2013, 08:15 PM
So what about this list...? Enough with what Jeff's car did or didn't do. We have literally wasted a stupid amount of time talking about it.

^this!!! Being so far away it will be difficult but soon I'd like to try to get on the list. Any major changes?

Yagermeister
08-19-2013, 08:16 PM
As I said earlier...Dale, myself and Nicolas will have a meeting of the minds when I get back from Detroit

Yagermeister
08-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Please private message your solutions (not complaints) to Dale or myself in this forum or pm either of us on Facebook

Yagermeister
08-19-2013, 08:47 PM
As a proactive effort... everyone from both lists send me your best timeslips...an actual scan of your full timeslip

DirtyD
08-20-2013, 12:02 AM
As a proactive effort... everyone from both lists send me your best timeslips...an actual scan of your full timeslip

I'll get that to you tomorrow, Brent. They are in the car and I'm going to bed. Lol

Yagermeister
08-20-2013, 12:07 AM
No need Derek.

Dale Zavala and I have discussed the lists and we have edited the rules based on feedback from many people. Go to the FILES tab at the top of the Facebook page OR the first post of this thread and read if you are wanting to participate.

Oxford14Stang
08-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Oh boy finally caught back up with all the posts since I posted last at like 3 in the morning. Did I mention its gone like 5-6 pages lol. Interesting enough.

Yagermeister
08-23-2013, 02:42 PM
For those on the DFW 5.0s NA Callout List:

Lots of movement today! Check out Facebook for the details or simply review the spreadsheet

DirtyD
08-23-2013, 02:53 PM
FREEDOM!

Lol

I'll be back, MFers. :D

Grandpa
08-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Put me on the wait list for NA #10 spot please.

5PointSlow
08-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Hey! Wtf is wrong with stereo shit?

If it doesn't make the car faster it doesn't belong in the car!! :signs8:

blownaltered
08-26-2013, 08:18 AM

:grd:

Yagermeister
08-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Steve, I've put you on the waitlist

GunsUp
08-26-2013, 10:17 AM

Oh shizzle:flipthebird:

Algerene
08-27-2013, 01:52 PM
I want to be added to the list for the NA/10 spot. It's time I show you youngsters how it's done! ;)

Yagermeister
08-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Algerene is added to the list

Dark Pony
08-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Any changes in the list?

Yagermeister
08-27-2013, 04:25 PM
No one has reported any completed races to me via forum or Facebook private messages

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 10:11 AM
This list is a complete fail. lol

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 10:21 AM
We welcome ideas on how to make it better...please send any and all ideas to Brent Yager aka Yagermeister or to Dale Zavala aka OG Fox

blownaltered
09-04-2013, 11:15 AM

I this this working out as well as the car of the month. :sunot:

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 11:18 AM

:buttkick:

OG Fox
09-04-2013, 02:51 PM

:buttkick:

Ill take partial blame on car of the month stuff but if this list fails it's because people are too scared to race. It seems as though people only wanted to race when they knew they would win vs a slow fox body. I am thinking of reorderingthe list after camaro mustang.

Midnight11
09-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Yea Steve wouldn't race Friday night, it was too hot for his car

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Yea Steve wouldn't race Friday night, it was too hot for his car

Not entirely true. It's just temp dependent if I will or not. Friday night I would have if Guns Up was there to pry that 10 spot from him and made one pull, but not back to back pulls and definitely not until the sun has been down for a little bit.

03MachMe
09-04-2013, 03:23 PM
You and this heat thing. Lol most ridiculous thing I think I have ever heard

OG Fox
09-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Not entirely true. It's just temp dependent if I will or not. Friday night I would have if Guns Up was there to pry that 10 spot from him and made one pull, but not back to back pulls and definitely not until the sun has been down for a little bit.

You and this heat thing. Lol most ridiculous thing I think I have ever heard

cmon, your car doesnt suffer from heat soak like a boosted car. you should be fine to make some runs at night. and i think guns up lost his spot if im correct.

what we need to do is have an event to reorder the list. if you dont show, you get kicked off.

GunsUp
09-04-2013, 03:29 PM

News Flash. I was there. I made a shouting comment asking if you turned your ac on or if it was too hot. Then I shouted ANYONE WANNA RACE? Nick screamed like a high school girl

BLK2012GT
09-04-2013, 03:36 PM

What a sec I'll get it going again. All I have to say I was right from the get go that this was a fake list and pointless. Yup that should get it going.

OG Fox
09-04-2013, 03:43 PM
What a sec I'll get it going again. All I have to say I was right from the get go that this was a fake list and pointless. Yup that should get it going.

you should race brent.

BLK2012GT
09-04-2013, 03:44 PM
you should race brent.

He won't race on the street and no point of me going to track cause my tires don't work there.

GunsUp
09-04-2013, 03:44 PM

26.What?

ochoblanco
09-04-2013, 03:49 PM
This is such a good thread!! I'm sure glad I sub'd!

Any idea when the next track get together might be where some action might occur on the list?

BLK2012GT
09-04-2013, 03:49 PM
26.What?

25 bitch. What now?

Slowstang1_jgw
09-04-2013, 03:51 PM
I'll race...

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Do we want one list or two?

Who else wants to manage the spreadsheets so they can hear all the whining from you non-racers who want to be on a list but don't want to race?

I still give kudos to Dale for putting something together...no one else put anything together but everyone wants to critique it. Everyone has something to complain about but no one brings any ideas or solutions.

Talked to someone this morning that had a good idea...ONE WEEK for a callout and that is it...that will keep things moving. If it is not enough time for you then guess what...you'll lose your spot (you won't be off the list unless you are #10) and you can simply race the following week to get your spot back.

I have a feeling certain people will not be happy even if we reorder the list based on some event since their car wasn't ready, the sun didn't shine right, or they were busy that day...

Submit your SOLUTIONS to Brent or Dale and we'll get it moving again.

:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

KungFuHamster
09-04-2013, 03:52 PM
a suggestion: perhaps dividing the lists by area would make it easier?

In other words, I don't really want to drive to Dallas to race someone, or even meet halfway, when there are plenty of people in the FW area that I would assume would be willing to run.

That way we can get something organized relatively quick, get it done and that's it.

Honestly, the other day at Ennis would have been the opportune time to make the list/update the list since we had a no shit win light. but it is what it is.

Like i said just a suggestion, perhaps more trouble than its worth.

OG Fox
09-04-2013, 03:56 PM
a suggestion: perhaps dividing the lists by area would make it easier?

In other words, I don't really want to drive to Dallas to race someone, or even meet halfway, when there are plenty of people in the FW area that I would assume would be willing to run.

That way we can get something organized relatively quick, get it done and that's it.

Honestly, the other day at Ennis would have been the opportune time to make the list/update the list since we had a no shit win light. but it is what it is.

Like i said just a suggestion, perhaps more trouble than its worth.

not gonna divide by area. list is already divided by NA and Power adders. maybe we will switch to one single list and have stricter rules. 1 week call outs. only race on the track. if you dont like it boo hoo.

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Sorry Jeff, I like my license and I like my insurance costs right where they are. If you want to break the law and lose your license have fun. We'll see how that works out for you when you have to drive to the next jobsite when you don't have your license or can't get insurance. I've been there and done that and will not do it again.

I race where real racers race...the track.

BLK2012GT
09-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Lol it's cool. When I get old I'll probably grow a vagina too.

OG Fox
09-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Lol it's cool. When I get old I'll probably grow a vagina too.

scared to race at the track? :troll3:

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 04:03 PM
when I get old like you Jeff, I'm gonna build a racecar but set it up to go into limp mode everytime I'm at the track and blame it on my tires

:pepper:

BLK2012GT
09-04-2013, 04:04 PM
when I get old like you Jeff, I'm gonna build a racecar but set it up to go into limp mode everytime I'm at the track and blame it on my tires

:pepper:

Cool do it. And then you can just race at the track cause you know if you race on the street everyone will beat you.

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 04:10 PM
I will be copying this post into the FB group as well for those not on the forum

Power Adder List:
Corey Church's callout of Josh Bishop has expired - CC moves up

NA List:
Nicolas Lorenzo's callout of Kent McKnight has expired - Nick moves up
Johnathan Kelley's callout of Nick Villarose has expired - JK moves up

Grant Jones' callout of Greg Bartos is still pending
Michael Painter's callout of Ant Speed is still pending

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Jeff, if I were to roll on the street with my track tires my grip would still be awesome so not sure what your point is

BLK2012GT
09-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Lol that will piss kent off. Not everyone goes to the track so unless you make this a track only list then this is pointless.

OG Fox
09-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Lol that will piss kent off. Not everyone goes to the track so unless you make this a track only list then this is pointless.

lets make it a track only list. gotta pay to play.

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Jeff there is no waiting list for the Power Adder list. If you are SOOOO much faster than everyone on that list why don't you race #10 and move up?

Especially since you are the best driver in the club! :driver:

ochoblanco
09-04-2013, 04:19 PM
lets make it a track only list. gotta pay to play.

For the sake of the law...I would do this. No more "racing in Mexico" statements...

Plus EMS on site with track precautions taken, no pedestrians, and no random drivers popping up is definitely a PLUS

BLK2012GT
Jeff, if I were to roll on the street with my track tires my grip would still be awesome so not sure what your point is

Who do you know who street races do dig races most everyone does roll races.

Slowstang1_jgw
Sorry Jeff, I like my license and I like my insurance costs right where they are. If you want to break the law and lose your license have fun. We'll see how that works out for you when you have to drive to the next jobsite when you don't have your license or can't get insurance. I've been there and done that and will not do it again.

TRUE STATEMENT.... I concur, I like my job.

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 04:20 PM

I agreed with all of your post until the very last part. lol

I understand why some don't street race and I'm in full agreement for the reasons why. But to say its where the real racers race and to discount anything else because you don't do it is abit closedminded in my opinion. There is a LOT of cars that are 100% street duty only that will drag your car like it was running one cylinder. lol.

I used to be a hardcore racer of all kinds. We'd go to the track, then when the track closed we headed right to the street races to race until the sun came up.

I don't race as much as I use to for several reasons -

-I'm a parent now and don't have the luxury of being careless racing anywhere and everywhere just cuz the opportunity presents itself.

-I'm over breaking shit and just throwing away money. Ugh, if I only had all that money I wasted! lol

-Time.

I do however enjoy the occasional pull against a friend, or a highway on ramp still. I don't typically just run anyone anymore. Cars are too powerful these days and there is many inexpierenced young drivers out there now that thing these cars are some sort of badass racecar and can't control them. So I don't take that chance like I used to.

I'm a big believer in there is a time and place for it. A clear line of sight, no hills, no traffic and being familiar with the road I'm on.

Midnight11
09-04-2013, 04:20 PM

Fake list for a fake club. Fits right

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Point taken Steve :)

Jeff and why would my car suck from a roll? I have a torque converter that is locked up the moment I get into second gear and it stays that way so my car is no different anyone elses. I just choose to not break the law

:hmmm2:

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Fake list for a fake club. Fits right

Well, to his defense you never showed him the secret handshake. So he's not in the fake club and a little bitter about it. :signs6:

OG Fox
09-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Who do you know who street races do dig races most everyone does roll races.

from what i saw at ennis a few weeks ago. all you guys street race because you cant drive worth a shit. its easier to roll race and its just a dyno pull. hence why you would like it, no driver input needed, you can show off all them horsepowers you spend so much money on. only time a car like mine would have a chance is from a dig or at the track because it involves driver skill as well. this list is about the top ten drivers/cars not who has the most horsepower.

DirtyD
09-04-2013, 04:30 PM
HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Dammit just cut the bitching out. I lost my spot and I'm not turning into a vag about it.

Kent will probably care less.

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm not even sure why Dale and I care about what people NOT on the list think...since they are not on the list :)

:signs1:

DirtyD
09-04-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm just tired of the whining.

It's fake list, and apparently the people that could care less about the fake list get up in arms at the fact they've already beat people on said list but won't do it again...

Neverending cycle.

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 04:37 PM
It's only whining from a few people :smiley-face-popcorn

DirtyD
09-04-2013, 04:40 PM
It's only whining from a few people :smiley-face-popcorn
As always...

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 04:42 PM
I was only whining about no activity. :D

DirtyD
09-04-2013, 04:44 PM
I was only whining about no activity. :D
Not you.

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Not you.

What he said ^^

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 04:49 PM
DirtyD, since you are no longer on the list would you mind changing your avatar?

Thanks!

DirtyD
09-04-2013, 04:53 PM
DirtyD, since you are no longer on the list would you mind changing your avatar?

Thanks!

Yeah, sorry. Just keep forgetting to do so when I'm online and not on my phone.

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 04:53 PM
No problemo!

DirtyD
09-04-2013, 04:55 PM
No problemo!
Changed. :bowdown:

STROKD
09-04-2013, 05:03 PM
from what i saw at ennis a few weeks ago. all you guys street race because you cant drive worth a shit. its easier to roll race and its just a dyno pull. hence why you would like it, no driver input needed, you can show off all them horsepowers you spend so much money on. only time a car like mine would have a chance is from a dig or at the track because it involves driver skill as well. this list is about the top ten drivers/cars not who has the most horsepower.

Not all of us... Junkie, Steve, 46TBird, myself etc race on street and do just fine down the track. But I see where you were going with the comment.

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Even the guys up in Oklahoma race from a dig even though they are on the street. So does BoostedGT in Fort Worth and these guys are sub 5 sec cars in the 1/8th

blownaltered
09-04-2013, 05:18 PM

your car makes 25hp so it doesn't stand a chance anyways :popcorn:

KungFuHamster
09-04-2013, 05:25 PM

For the most part this is true. Roll racing does not involve a lot of driver skill.

However, I will say that because I leave a lot of ET on the track doesn't necessarily mean I'm a shitty driver. I, like others, can't afford to break my tranny (or anything else), so I granny shift it. I'm on stock tires.

But I'm also more comfortable on the street and racing on the street is a completely different animal. Also, I race at the track like I do on the street (i.e. I leave the baby seat in, I don't mess with tire pressure...I make NO changes to the car).
So if Car X runs a time at the track after stripping his car down to a driver seat and on full slicks and then I catch Car X at a light, who's to say I wouldn't still beat that car?

I don't race my car much, this is true...but apparently I know it well enough to run within .005 second in a stick car.

This whole list thing has gotten foolish. I was going to throw my name in the hat and try to have some fun with it, but it would seem like its too much of a hassle. :emotions133:

blownaltered
09-04-2013, 05:26 PM
My car won't be going down the drag strip because its a convertible. Anything faster than a 13.49 and I have to have a cage. I'm not putting a cage in my car, its to damn nice of a car to put a stupid cage in. So the only pulls I get are in Mexico but then again I really don't do that often unless its me and Steve screwing around.

Midnight11
09-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Someone come get some Friday night :D

wbt
09-04-2013, 05:45 PM
So if Car X runs a time at the track after stripping his car down to a driver seat and on full slicks and then I catch Car X at a light, who's to say I wouldn't still beat that car?

I was following you until the quoted statement.

So let's say for example I have drag radials on my car at all times. (Which I do. Both sets of tires I use [DD and track] are DOT legal.) I am out running an errand and you pull up next to me at a light and I entertain your offer to race.

Do you honestly think you car is going to get better traction on an all season radial vs. the drag radial I am on? Maybe in the rain.

Do you think you are going to get better traction on the street from a dig vs. at the track?

Do you think because on the street your car is going to gain some magical advantage?

I could care less about street racing but your post contains some highly illogical reasoning. Is Jeff posting under your account?

Yagermeister
09-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Just to be clear...we have NOT changed the rules or reordered anything. The basing it off track times was a suggestion only

Grandpa
09-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Just to be clear...we have NOT changed the rules or reordered anything. The basing it off track times was a suggestion only

In my opinion, I think basing it off of ET's is a bad idea. It's just boring bracket racing at that point. Two cars line up, car A making much less power, but car B is late on the light, spins or whatever else. Even though car A is a slower car, but still wins the race getting to the beams first but loses due to a slower ET would be fucking LAME.

BLK2012GT
09-04-2013, 09:12 PM

Well you do need to make up your mind if you are going to base the list off of track times or any kind of racing. If you do base it off of street racing also then how don't see how you can be number one on the list since one you don't race on the street so no one can ever challenge you other then what your car is setup for.

But that's just a suggestion and an opinion. Your guys things so do what you want.

Grandpa
09-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Thread cleaned up.

From here on out. Please DO NOT post in this thread unless you are taking part in the racing list and -

-calling someone out to race
-reporting the results of a race

No shit talking, no banter or anything else will be allowed here from here on out. This is suppose to be fun. If you do not like how the list is being run, do not take part in it. If you have a suggestion for the list PM Dale or Brent.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yagermeister
09-05-2013, 09:45 AM
This just in from Facebook:

Corey Church: I formally call out Doug Hatton for the #8 spot.

OG Fox
09-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Thread cleaned up.

From here on out. Please DO NOT post in this thread unless you are taking part in the racing list and -

-calling someone out to race
-reporting the results of a race

No shit talking, no banter or anything else will be allowed here from here on out. This is suppose to be fun. If you do not like how the list is being run, do not take part in it. If you have a suggestion for the list PM Dale or Brent.

Thank you for your cooperation.

awesome, and thank you.

Yagermeister
09-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Jalal has officially called out Nick Villarose just now. Nick has two weeks to race or the spot goes to Jalal!

STROKD
09-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Jalal has officially called out Nick Villarose just now. Nick has two weeks to race or the spot goes to Jalal!

I thought you changed it to one week?

Yagermeister
09-05-2013, 11:41 PM
#10 spot is one week all others are two. The current rules are always in the sticky

Yagermeister
09-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Beau Ballard has been officially called out by Johnathan Kelley. Get to racing boys!

Oxford14Stang
09-07-2013, 05:50 PM

Oh yeah, that's right boys.... Nick (pepperinureyes) is going dowwwwwwnnnnnn

Yagermeister
09-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Greg Bartos did not get to keep his #10 spot on the NA list since he did not race Grant B Jones in a timely fashion (one week for #10 spot). Grant you are #10! Luis Romo is at the top of the wait list. Luis callout Grant and get on the list!

Yagermeister
09-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Luis Romo has pm'd me to officially callout Grant B Jones. Spreadsheet updated. Grant, you have 1 week to race Luis

Yagermeister
09-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Matt Voris has officially called out Josh Bishop for the #10 spot on the Power Adder List! One week from now the challenge must be raced otherwise Matt gets the spot

Yagermeister
09-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Luis Romo took over Grant Jones' spot for #10 NA since the race never took place within one week.

Matt Voris' callout of Josh Bishop for the #10 spot PA has been recanted.

Doug Yeargen has now called out Josh Bishop for the #10 spot PA.

Yagermeister
09-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Big changes in the NA list since Nick Villarose is selling his car!!

Nick (who was #6) has been removed from the list.

6. Jalal Staggs
7. Ant Speed (in V6!)
8. Michael Painter
9. Luis Romo
10. Jaime Rangel

Algerene is now at the top of the wait list and can call out Jaime Rangel who then has only one week to race!

Spots 1-9 get two weeks (as a perk) to race.

Yagermeister
09-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Doug Hatton has only one day left to race Corey Church or Corey gets the spot! The callout was on 9/5/13 and last for two weeks (when you are in spots 1-9)

Yagermeister
09-18-2013, 10:19 AM
One note to those on the wait list of either list and to the #10 spot...Listen up!!!

The number 10 spot will AUTOMATICALLY BE CALLED OUT BY THE FIRST PERSON IN THE WAIT LIST. The number 10 spot callout MUST take place within ONE week. If not you forfeit your spot. Once you become number 10 it is our suggestion that you callout number 9 quick!!

BLK2012GT
09-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Has anyone race yet or are people losing their spots cause the call outs expired?

Yagermeister
09-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Both Jeff

Yagermeister
09-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Johnathan Kelley has recanted his callout of Beau Ballard...which has now allowed Beau to officially callout Kent! Organize your race guys!

Yagermeister
09-18-2013, 01:02 PM
After a crazy day of changes in the NA List, we have decided to switch things up from what we did this morning due to even more changes occurring...

Here's what we're going to do:
Kent has been removed from the list but is welcome back anytime!
Johnathan Kelley will let his callout of Beau Ballard expire
We are moving Beau, Johnathan, Jalal Staggs, Ant Speed, Michael Painter up.

We are then going to do some bracket racing March Madness style to fill the 8-10 spots and clear the wait list!!

Luis Romo will race Jaime Rangel
Al McKinnon will race Phillip Jowers
Brandon Ballard will race Alex Turner

The winner of Luis/Jaime will race winner of Al/Phillip getting the #10 spot
The winner of the above race will race the winner of Brandon/Alex with the winner getting the #8 spot and the loser getting the #9 spot See the attachment.

Let's do this within the next 2 weeks starting today!!

The spreadsheet has been updated and includes this bracket stuff.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2771/8-10bracket.JPG

Doug
09-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Next... someone else needs to take a chance on challenging Josh for #10 PA spot. Was a fun run.. :)

Yagermeister
09-23-2013, 08:50 AM
For those that are watching the DFW NA List..Al McKinnon beat Phillip Jowers last night! Alex Turner was also there and has a good running car! We just need Luis Romo and Jaime Rangel to complete their race and the 8, 9, and 10 spots will be filled since Alex turner beat Brandon Ballard earlier last week.

Grandpa
09-23-2013, 12:59 PM
I really wish I could get in on this!

Yagermeister
09-27-2013, 07:47 PM
DFW 5.0 NA List watchers: Al McKinnon will be racing Luis Romo for the chance to race Alex Turner. The loser of Al vs Luis will get the #10 spot. The winner races Alex for the #8/#9 spots. Get to racing boys!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2771/8-10bracket.JPG

Algerene
09-30-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm still waiting on a time and place.

Yagermeister
10-23-2013, 04:39 PM
FYI...Doug Hatton has been called out by Corey Church! Watch for more details about the lists as a few of the NA guys are about to make some moves as well

Yagermeister
10-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Busy day...Another callout! Sayle Shipman has called out Tanika AllIdo Iz Win! Places 1-9 get 2 weeks to do the callout while the #10 spot gets only one week.

CSICKS
10-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Is this a mustang thing only I guess right? lol

Yagermeister
10-23-2013, 05:29 PM
CSICKS, yes because we are a Mustang club ;)

CSICKS
10-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Makes sense lol Good looking stang by the way!

Yagermeister
10-23-2013, 05:33 PM

CSICKS
10-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes in the intro section I believe

Yagermeister
10-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Alex Turner has now called out Michael Painter!

Yagermeister
11-27-2013, 10:48 AM
With all the racing going on the last couple nights, I figured it was time to reinvigorate the DFW 5.0 NA list with another bracket/ladder race. Right now the #10 spot is open and we have three people on the wait list in this order: Bryan Kim, Salman Manasia, and now John T. McKay. Who else wants to get on the NA list? Once the wait list is finalized today at 3pm CST, I will post the list of races that need to be completed within ONE week. Rules can be found here: http://www.dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p=44347&postcount=1

Please read the rules...PM me if you want on the list as I will not be able to read every thread post :)

GunsUp
11-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Game on

Grandpa
11-27-2013, 02:02 PM
With all the racing going on the last couple nights, I figured it was time to reinvigorate the DFW 5.0 NA list with another bracket/ladder race. Right now the #10 spot is open and we have three people on the wait list in this order: Bryan Kim, Salman Manasia, and now John T. McKay. Who else wants to get on the NA list? Once the wait list is finalized today at 3pm CST, I will post the list of races that need to be completed within ONE week. Rules can be found here: http://www.dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p=44347&postcount=1

Please read the rules...PM me if you want on the list as I will not be able to read every thread post :)

When and where is all this racing going on?! Haven't seen shit about it!

GunsUp
11-27-2013, 02:08 PM
when and where is all this racing going on?! Haven't seen shit about it!

:stfu:

Yagermeister
11-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Facebook Steve...facebook

GunsUp
11-27-2013, 02:30 PM

Where all the cool kids poke each other

Grandpa
11-27-2013, 03:54 PM
:stfu:

Not nice.

I dont even know why we have the board. Lol

GunsUp
11-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Not nice.

I dont even know why we have the board. Lol

To burn you:guile-1:

Yagermeister
11-30-2013, 09:16 AM
#10 spot bracket racing is up! Check out the Files tab at the top of the Facebook Group. Bryan Kim, Salman Manasia, John T. McKay, and Joe Lanzilotti get to racing this week!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2771/10spotbracket.JPG

GunsUp
11-30-2013, 01:23 PM
I will only run at the track

DirtyD
11-30-2013, 01:37 PM
I will only run at the track

:lol:

Grandpa
11-30-2013, 03:09 PM
I want to run Dirty D and Guns Up soon.

GunsUp
11-30-2013, 04:17 PM
I want to run Dirty D and Guns Up soon.

I'm game at the track

Yagermeister
01-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Now that winter and all the winter projects are starting to wrap up I thought we'd have a discussion as to what people want to see from the Top 10 Power Adder and NA lists. Any suggestions WILL be considered!

Complain all you want but you better bring solutions! Let's keep this thread clean and on track. I want to have a honest good discussion so that more people will want to participate.

If you are on Facebook then post over there instead of here. No need to duplicate yourself. Let's keep this one for the non-Facebookers

Yagermeister
01-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Here is a copy of the rules for from "The List - Tulsa Style" AS A SAMPLE OF HOW OTHER GROUPS ARE DOING LISTS https://www.facebook.com/groups/273272829486540/...

what do you all think?

1. This is for FUN. There is no money involved and no TV show is going to be made of it. If you can't get past the idea that your car isn't in the Top 10, then you are too slow or need to start your own List with rules custom tailored to fit your car. Where you rank on the list is not what is most important anyway. The List was created to put cars with similar ET's together so people would know who to call out. The List is about close grudge racing and having fun, not feeding a bunch of egos.

2. You must live in the 918 area code to be on the List. It would become impossible to manage if we included everyone. I really hate that several good racers in the neighboring area codes have to be left out but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

3. You must own and drive the car you enter on the List. Cars and trucks welcome. Sorry, no motorcycles.

4. All racing will be 1/4 mile. If you are an 1/8th mile car and can beat someone else coasting the last half of the track, congratulations to you. A win is still a win.

5. To join the List, you must post a recent 1/4 mile time slip, preferably from 2013, on this FB group page. If you do not have a recent time slip, we are going to allow the first 3-4 weeks the track is open in 2014 to get one before the List is "set". You may also use that opportunity to get a faster time slip and improve your position on the List.

6. You must be willing to race to defend your position on the List when called out. This is not some spreadsheet of everyone who has made a pass at the track. You must beat the person above you in a 1/4 mile race at TRP to take their spot. If you cannot get to the track to defend your position within a reasonable amount of time (2-3 weeks), then just give up your spot and race to get it back when you are able.

7. All grudge races will be settled at Tulsa Raceway Park. Absolutely no street racing. Time slips will be the preferred method of documenting a win but if the race is settled at the Midnight Drags and the clocks are not on, then the racers must agree who won.

8. All ET's are welcome. We all started somewhere, typically slower than where we are today. You only race the cars who are close to your ET anyway, so it does not matter or affect you in any way how many slower or faster cars are on the list.

I welcome constructive comments and suggestions but, in general, I have tried to keep the number of rules to an absolute minimum for simplicity and consistency. I am not in this for profit, just close racing and having fun. Thanks for joining the List and I'll see you at TRP in 2014!

BLK2012GT
01-13-2014, 03:54 PM
So is this a track only thing now?

Grandpa
01-13-2014, 04:05 PM
So is this a track only thing now?

No clue. It's not kept up to date here at all. One of many reason a lot of people lost interest in it along with the drama that followed it.

BLK2012GT
01-13-2014, 04:07 PM
No clue. It's not kept up to date here at all. One of many reason a lot of people lost interest in it along with the drama that followed it.

I was asking cause of the rules he copied from the Tulsa group.

Grandpa
01-13-2014, 04:10 PM
I was asking cause of the rules he copied from the Tulsa group.

As highly organized as it is, does it surprise you? lol

Yagermeister
01-13-2014, 04:10 PM
I guess you guys didn't read the prior post before I posted a sample of the Tulsa Lists rules ;)

Now that winter and all the winter projects are starting to wrap up I thought we'd have a discussion as to what people want to see from the Top 10 Power Adder and NA lists. Any suggestions WILL be considered!

Complain all you want but you better bring solutions! Let's keep this thread clean and on track. I want to have a honest good discussion so that more people will want to participate.

If you are on Facebook then post over there instead of here. No need to duplicate yourself. Let's keep this one for the non-Facebookers

Yagermeister
01-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Jackie Bressie is now the proud caretaker of the lists. Direct all questions to her and Nicolas Lorenzo.

blownaltered
01-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Lmao I had no idea the list still existed.

62nalide
09-11-2014, 12:25 AM
So is this still going?

Yagermeister
09-17-2014, 06:51 PM
On the Facebook Group yes it is but someone else is managing it now named Greg Bartos

62nalide
09-17-2014, 11:11 PM
On the Facebook Group yes it is but someone else is managing it now named Greg Bartos

Thank you sir, I don't have a FB .