Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
Emwun Garand

Default Dallas Racing

anyone here a member on that forum? I registered but for whatever reason wasn't approved? I think maybe I need another member's name as a recommendation?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
Zeek

Its really private there.....you have to be srs biznuz!
Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

I tried a few months ago and got nothing.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

DR is a private forum and not your typical public message forum. Close nit group of guys. I was a member there but got banned a couple years back. The used to be nothing but hardcore trash talking, but I know it's changed hands awhile back so maybe it's changed but I seriously doubt it. I've know some of those guys since the mid 90's cruising/racing on Galloway back in the day. Most of the members are good people, but there are some real low life scumbags on there too.

White_Lightning (Dave) is a member there, maybe he can get you an invite to a meet to go meet some of the guys and possibly get a board invite. Your car won't even be on the Z team there. Some seriously fast cars over there.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
White_lightning

Im not sure why you didnt get on.. they are not blocking ANY new memebers now...

in general you register and then have to go post an intro thread following the rules in the intro thread sticky and then you can post... not rocket science.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
Malu59RT

White_Lightning directed me over here saying some people couldn't get on to the site. If you can give me your Screen Name on DR, I can look and see what happened.

As an FYI, we approve almost all members and they instantly get put into a group that forces them to make an introduction thread before they can see the full site, and then we manually give them access to the site. If you haven't done this, then you don't see any of the forum except the intro section.

I've deleted a lot of users that I thought were spam bots based on their email or screen name, so if that was you, my apologies.
Malu59RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Malu59RT View Post
White_Lightning directed me over here saying some people couldn't get on to the site. If you can give me your Screen Name on DR, I can look and see what happened.

As an FYI, we approve almost all members and they instantly get put into a group that forces them to make an introduction thread before they can see the full site, and then we manually give them access to the site. If you haven't done this, then you don't see any of the forum except the intro section.

I've deleted a lot of users that I thought were spam bots based on their email or screen name, so if that was you, my apologies.

Sup J! How ya doin?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
Malu59RT

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Sup J! How ya doin?
Hey Steve, not to bad, staying busy at work and trying to become a real grownup . How are things with you and the family?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
Malu59RT

LOL, just saw Phuck Phace's account on here. I thought you have access to the intro section? Going through the new registrations, your name definitely stuck out, and I figured if you were a spam bot, I'd still let you in for having a cool name.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Hey Steve, not to bad, staying busy at work and trying to become a real grownup . How are things with you and the family?
Life couldn't be better my friend. Wife is great, Emma is four already! New baby is due first week of April.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
Grandpa
I> /\/\

LOL, just saw Phuck Phace's account on here. I thought you have access to the intro section? Going through the new registrations, your name definitely stuck out, and I figured if you were a spam bot, I'd still let you in for having a cool name.
Phuck Phace is good people. Very chill, laid back guy who likes to party. Other than being slow, he'll fit in great over there.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
Bearded Banger

I hate Phuck Phace. Dudes a straight up Dick. I'm gonna create a private forum accept his membership so I can ban him.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
I hate Phuck Phace. Dudes a straight up Dick. I'm gonna create a private forum accept his membership so I can ban him.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #14
merlinmol

Haha,
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #15
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Lmao
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote