Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
GunsUp

Default Problem w/ Dealership & valet taking your car out?

Well I am pretty pissed off right now so I figured I would ask y'all if you have had any personal experiences like I just had.

I dropped my car off at Dealership X to have them check why my air bag light on the drivers side is on. I dropped the car off at 7:30 am yesterday morning and got it back at 5:30 last night.

They had to "take apart" the interior to discover why the sensor was going off and ended up ordering a part that will be here sometime next week I assume.

When I dropped the car off I ask my service department guy if FOR ANY REASON my car would have to leave the dealership, He told me no it would not.

Well after waiting around all day & calling twice I finally went to pick it up. They pulled my car out and took the plastic off the seats and the paper mats on the floor (I was happy to see they had did this) but I immediately pulled into a parking spot and checked everything. Here is the list I discovered to be wrong with my car.

1. My e-brake had about 40% play in it and did not start engaging until about half way up (had no play whatsoever when I dropped it off)

2. 1/4 tank of gas is missing

3. My avg MPG is 6.4 yes 6.fucking4 It was well over 18 when I dropped it off

4. The bass on my radio had been turned all the way up (had it in the middle)

5. It was dirty as hell, clearly driven in the rain and they did not wash it before they returned it.

I jumped out of my car with steam shooting from my ears and nostrils and gave the service guy a piece of my mind.

Keep in mind this is the FIRST TIME I have dropped my car off to have any work done. The service rep told me he would fix my e-brake etc. But I made it clear it shouldn't have needed to be fixed in the first place and I wanted to know who took my car out.

I'm assuming someone took it out when the rain started coming down and did some drifting in it, I only wish one of my wheels could have gotten damage so I could get some Roush wheels.

I told them they should give me a chrome set for free (yeah right)

So I just wanted to know if any of y'all have had an experience like this and how you handled it?

What do you do when you have to leave your car for service? Do you valet?

I'm pissed but I know this happens to cars like this all the time.

Share your experience!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
Luke

Stuff like this happens all the time. Talk to the service manager, not service advisor, other than repairing whatever is wrong, apologizing and maybe giving you some sort of free service there's not much else they will do. If you're car is still under warranty you will probably get a survey about your experience, this is a huge deal to dealerships, bring that up to the service manager as well. It's very unlikely they will tell you who was driving your car but a good manager will fire the kid. Best thing to do is keep your cool, as soon as you get hostile they will tell you to eat shit and leave. If it's a dealership you plan to use regularly, make friends with a service advisor and use the same one every time, it will almost always benefit you in the long run.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
GunsUp

Good advice there about keeping my cool. I did keep my cool and yes I am under warranty.

It came with a 100k mile powertrain and I purchased the 100k mile bumper to bumper.

They sent me an email with a survey on it so I plan to look at that today and figure out the best way to go about filling it out without being a dick.

You make a good point about becoming friends with the service manager. I plan to do this soon.

I know it's not a 2013 or a roush or shelby but it's my little slice of heaven and it really sucks to see something you have worked hard for and taken extreme care of be treated the way it was. Just ethically wrong.

I'm not mad, Just disappointed
Old 12-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
Luke

I worked at a dealership for 5 years, I can't say I'm not guilty of it , but I didn't do it to customer cars, just brand new ones off the truck (not that that's any better.) As for the survey, just fill it out truthfully, burn the tech, not the whole department if they tried to make things right. As for them ragging on your car, it wouldn't matter if it's a POS ranchero, it's not their toy and hopefully if someone did beat on it they get fired for it.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Sorry man but I couldn't help myself. Your car was so much fun to drive in the rain. I wanted to feel like I was in fast n furious Tokyo drift.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
GunsUp

I saw your car at TS and peed in the gas tank. Maybe that's why it locked up
Old 12-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
GunsUp

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I worked at a dealership for 5 years, I can't say I'm not guilty of it , but I didn't do it to customer cars, just brand new ones off the truck (not that that's any better.) As for the survey, just fill it out truthfully, burn the tech, not the whole department if they tried to make things right. As for them ragging on your car, it wouldn't matter if it's a POS ranchero, it's not their toy and hopefully if someone did beat on it they get fired for it.
I have no proof of what happened but I know my car.

I told the tech it was like leaving my gf at a buddies house and when I got her back it didn't feel right.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
DirtyD

I'm very tempted to stick my go pro or some type of recording device in my car next time I drop it off at the dealership for extended work
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
Luke

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I'm very tempted to stick my go pro or some type of recording device in my car next time I drop it off at the dealership for extended work
Guy in a camaro did that a while back and busted the techs working on his car, saw the story on yahoo or something. Any service more than routine maintenance and I take it to my buddies where I used to work, no worries about someone ragging on it and I know he does good work.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
pohnjarker

Guy in a camaro did that a while back and busted the techs working on his car, saw the story on yahoo or something. Any service more than routine maintenance and I take it to my buddies where I used to work, no worries about someone ragging on it and I know he does good work.
ha, i saw that story on svtp.com a little while back...totally busted.

i dont trust anyone with my car, i dont even like my wife driving it to be honest, she's already been in a little fender bender since ive been gone. some jackhole hit her from behind but all was fixed.

i do my best not to valet park it ever and so far all services ive had done was short enough i stood there and watched.

5 more days and she will have her Outback and leave my car alone until i get home for good!!
Old 12-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
GunsUp

I have the services managers name#, & email. I'm going to wait until I can meet with him personally and get to know my face with a name.

I'm planning on getting all my service done at this dealership and I am looking to upgrade to a newer, better, faster car in the next couple years.

Hope my service gets mucho improved
Old 12-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #12
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
Luke

Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post
ha, i saw that story on svtp.com a little while back...totally busted.

i dont trust anyone with my car, i dont even like my wife driving it to be honest, she's already been in a little fender bender since ive been gone. some jackhole hit her from behind but all was fixed.

i do my best not to valet park it ever and so far all services ive had done was short enough i stood there and watched.

5 more days and she will have her Outback and leave my car alone until i get home for good!!
I wish I could say the same, I get home in Feb. for 3 weeks but not done until July 2013. And my wife decided a curb is just a suggestion so I feel your pain on letting her drive, it's scary at times.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
pohnjarker

I wish I could say the same, I get home in Feb. for 3 weeks but not done until July 2013. And my wife decided a curb is just a suggestion so I feel your pain on letting her drive, it's scary at times.
i wont be home until September 2013 but it will be a huge load off of my mind with her not driving my stang, i can tell you that.

be safe out there
Old 12-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
Luke

You too man, I hated Bagram, hate the cold. Mountains look awesome in the spring though.