Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Default From One Second To The Next

A texting while driving documentary. Please don't text and drive.

Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I am not watching that depressing film.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
virtu

About 6 years ago I was driving home from work and was trying to send a text because I, like everyone else, though it was more important than driving. Little did I know the redneck hillbilly driving next to me in his big ass truck almost ran me off the road simply because he didn't like the fact I was texting and driving. I even remember him yelling out the window "put the fn phone up you sh1thead!!!" Looking back now, I don't blame him. I get extremely irritated when I pass by someone who can't seem to stay in their lane only to find them texting on their phone. For that, I thank the redneck hillbilly for setting me straight. I don't touch my phone when I drive anymore. Both hands on the wheel at all times (except when shifting )
virtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
DirtyD

Originally Posted by virtu View Post
About 6 years ago I was driving home from work and was trying to send a text because I, like everyone else, though it was more important than driving. Little did I know the redneck hillbilly driving next to me in his big ass truck almost ran me off the road simply because he didn't like the fact I was texting and driving. I even remember him yelling out the window "put the fn phone up you sh1thead!!!" Looking back now, I don't blame him. I get extremely irritated when I pass by someone who can't seem to stay in their lane only to find them texting on their phone. For that, I thank the redneck hillbilly for setting me straight. I don't touch my phone when I drive anymore. Both hands on the wheel at all times (except when shifting )
I've gotten to be the same way. When I see people texting while driving, and failing horribly at it putting other people around us at risk, I get irritated and try desperately to get their attention to rip them a new one.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

34 minutes, phuck that. Cliff notes?

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
34 minutes, phuck that. Cliff notes?
Watch it, it's worth it.

Texting and driving is a serious problem these days, as bad drinking and driving lately. People who do it think they are driving safe cuz they slow WAY down, but swerve in and out of lanes etc. But you can always spot who they are in traffic when they are in front of you.

It can wait, put the phone down, or call them on a hands free Bluetooth call if its real important.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Watch it, it's worth it.

Texting and driving is a serious problem these days, as bad drinking and driving lately. People who do it think they are driving safe cuz they slow WAY down, but swerve in and out of lanes etc. But you can always spot who they are in traffic when they are in front of you.

It can wait, put the phone down, or call them on a hands free Bluetooth call if its real important.
No doubt, I've almost had a few assholes hit me when I went into their lane.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
No doubt, I've almost had a few assholes hit me when I went into their lane.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
Oxford14Stang

Okay Steve, I watched just over 5 minutes of it. Can't stand the depressing music notes in the background. You've made your point. Although I try my very best not to text and drive I do it time to time. I'm not saying its right but when I do I typed one letter than look up, next letter than look up. --- knowing anything can happen in less than a split of a second. You've now convinced me not to text and drive period. --- Ask Derek, him and I were texting and I told him I'm driving I'll text you back, he replied no worries get back to me when you get were you're going. <----- true story. ask him.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Okay Steve, I watched just over 5 minutes of it. Can't stand the depressing music notes in the background. You've made your point. Although I try my very best not to text and drive I do it time to time. I'm not saying its right but when I do I typed one letter than look up, next letter than look up. --- knowing anything can happen in less than a split of a second. You've now convinced me not to text and drive period. --- Ask Derek, him and I were texting and I told him I'm driving I'll text you back, he replied no worries get back to me when you get were you're going. <----- true story. ask him.
You may have just saved yourself or someone else a lot of pain/grief or a life.

I know it's hard for a lot of people to put down these things that have come part of our everyday lives. But believe it or not, there was a time when there was no cellphones. lol

This social media stuff has seem to have a weird affect on people in society today. People always need to be doing something or communication with people electronically. So many people just can't seem to be alone with themselves anymore. Can't ride in the car without texting or talking on the phone, or constantly have to be doing something other than just driving.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
You may have just saved yourself or someone else a lot of pain/grief or a life.

I know it's hard for a lot of people to put down these things that have come part of our everyday lives. But believe it or not, there was a time when there was no cellphones. lol

This social media stuff has seem to have a weird affect on people in society today. People always need to be doing something or communication with people electronically. So many people just can't seem to be alone with themselves anymore. Can't ride in the car without texting or talking on the phone, or constantly have to be doing something other than just driving.
Your 100% correct. Like I said I won't text and drive anymore, and if it's that important that's why I have sync, I'll call them. You know what.... call me crazy - would have to get with Nic & Dale on this, but what about doing like a video(Dale) and the whole DFW50 guys about don't text and drive?? like a commercial of some sort with all our cars in the video/commercial? Just a thought.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
DirtyD

Jay speaks the truth. I was sitting on my couch with a beer. Haha
Old 08-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #13
JDMLOL

An eye opening video. Too bad I know there are still a lot of people that will watch the first few seconds and think it will never happen to them. I wish my sister would watch it but I know she's one of the ones that thinks life is a perfect little fairy tale and that nothing bad happens.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #14
garner

I've lessened the amount of texting and driving I do now that I'm back in a car. My trucks I felt safer you could say so I would do it more but being in a car I feel like I have to be more defensive of a driver which takes a lot of my attention. I'll still do it occasionally but not even close as the amount I did before
Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by garner View Post
I'll still do it occasionally but not even close as the amount I did before
It only takes once to change your or someone else's life forever. It can wait until you get where you are going or you can pull over. If it's that important your can has Bluetooth to make a hands free call.