The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
svt-eric

Default The Hunting Guys!

post pics of all the good kills.

heres a hog i shot last weekend in west texas palardy canyon. had some fun with a AR15 lol

svt-eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
jng2985

lol slim on the good kills, but plenty of camera pics of what shouldve shown up at that same time as the previous weeks.. lol

No lie, this one was only around 75lbs and was shot in the head with a 9mm from about 3ft. The round ricochet off, hog turned to back of the trap where thre was a gap between the ground and cage, lifted it up and ran off while two hungover stuned idiots dumped mags trying to get it "one being me". Stalked another 2 hours and never found it.

Never saw this guy agian after that year..

best kill and greatest prank ever..

last year
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
svt-eric

haha yea i dont have many pics of my kills. just started hunting not too long ago. my girls dad is getting me into it cause he lovessss hunting. them hogs are one damn tough animals!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
jng2985

Originally Posted by svt-eric View Post
haha yea i dont have many pics of my kills. just started hunting not too long ago. my girls dad is getting me into it cause he lovessss hunting. them hogs are one damn tough animals!
haha how do you like the sitting and waiting? Have fun with it, if you dont see shit then go back to camp and drink some beers.. It's a great escape from DFW area.. If you get into it its damn near $$$$ as cars, and pretty simular.. Both will leave you broke, pissed off, and possible swamp ass in the summer.. yet..
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
DirtyD

Default The Hunting Guys!

Man. I need to catch up on this thread when I'm not half asleep from traveling and vacation...
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
svt-eric

Originally Posted by jng2985 View Post
haha how do you like the sitting and waiting? Have fun with it, if you dont see shit then go back to camp and drink some beers.. It's a great escape from DFW area.. If you get into it its damn near $$$$ as cars, and pretty simular.. Both will leave you broke, pissed off, and possible swamp ass in the summer.. yet..
i dont mind the waiting its just the sweating your ass off in a blind that gets me but i deal with it cause its part of it lol. i think i would like winter hunting more! yea i can already tell its money lol i dont think ill do it alot. probly more of getting away like u said every now and then.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
J.Shoot

Default Cool.....

I was shocked when I saw this thread. Bow hunting is my other passion. Any of you guys bow hunt?
Just curious.
Hunting comsumes all of my time from August to February. We have a ranch that is 99% all archery.

J.Shoot
2013 Boss 302 #2602
D1 Procharger
So many mods I can't remember them all.
Built and Tuned by True Street

J.Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #8
svt-eric

Originally Posted by J.Shoot View Post
I was shocked when I saw this thread. Bow hunting is my other passion. Any of you guys bow hunt?
Just curious.
Hunting comsumes all of my time from August to February. We have a ranch that is 99% all archery.

J.Shoot
my girls dad bow hunts. he has tons of guns but when it comes to hunting he will wip out the bow lol he likes it better. much harder though! i plan to try it one day.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
jerseyjoe

Nice thread! After going twice for hogs with rifles and coming up empty handed I finally went out with dogs with a couple guys north of DFW in Greenville. Took down 11 hogs in under 5 hours. Great hunt, will go again when it cools back down... The first one of the day was 300+ lbs and the dogs bayed him up in water it got intense. A Pitbull was the catch dog and he was a beast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0573.jpg (41.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0572.jpg (102.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0576.jpg (46.2 KB, 23 views)
jerseyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
jng2985

Originally Posted by jerseyjoe View Post
Nice thread! After going twice for hogs with rifles and coming up empty handed I finally went out with dogs with a couple guys north of DFW in Greenville. Took down 11 hogs in under 5 hours. Great hunt, will go again when it cools back down... The first one of the day was 300+ lbs and the dogs bayed him up in water it got intense. A Pitbull was the catch dog and he was a beast.
lmfao @ the 3rd picture.. guy in the middle has the knife and is in oh shit mode, with the guy taking the picture.. haha I've never gotten an op. to hunt behind dogs but I hear its blast! and looks you had fun.

It's interesting how smart hogs really are, yet dumb as shit.. I have GC pics of them hitting feeders at the same time every day for a month, until I sit and wait.. Could be the W tx swamp ass but w/e.. Yet every now and then just driving around out there being loud as fuck you will roll right up to them..
Old 05-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #11
jerseyjoe

LOL - thats me with the knife in ohh shit mode.. Of course my first hog has to be 300lbs and in the water... Big adrenaline rush though, the bigger ones would stay and try to fight the dogs while some of the smaller ones would run. It was a cool experience. I've done the same sit in a blind for hours when you have cam footage of them coming in every night, and nothing.... I think they can just smell you if the wind is right. I havent had much luck in blinds in TX.
jerseyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #12
svt-eric

Originally Posted by jerseyjoe View Post
LOL - thats me with the knife in ohh shit mode.. Of course my first hog has to be 300lbs and in the water... Big adrenaline rush though, the bigger ones would stay and try to fight the dogs while some of the smaller ones would run. It was a cool experience. I've done the same sit in a blind for hours when you have cam footage of them coming in every night, and nothing.... I think they can just smell you if the wind is right. I havent had much luck in blinds in TX.
haha yea i would of been stabing the f out of it lol!

yea they got some really good smell. it sucks if the wind is blowing! u gotta get them quick!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Here's someof mine from last year. The first pic is a 10 pointer with 20 3/4 inch inside spread and the 8 pointer is just a typical 8 pointer. And heres one that my buddy shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0949.jpg (101.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0944.jpg (100.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0955.jpg (98.1 KB, 12 views)
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.

Last edited by BLK2012GT; 06-03-2013 at 12:33 PM.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #14
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by J.Shoot View Post
Just curious.

J.Shoot
I would LOVE to get into archery. I think that would be fun. I don't care about "hunting". Sitting around a feeder waiting for something to stop by is not hunting nor a sport. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I would LOVE to get into archery. I think that would be fun. I don't care about "hunting". Sitting around a feeder waiting for something to stop by is not hunting nor a sport. lol.
Not everyone does that foo. I shot three deer last year and none of them were at feeders.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote