Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
blkGT00

Default please help fast!

Well get home from work today and my window has stopped working. Is there a way to manually lift it. I have the door panel off and hoped I could, but no such luck.

I'm living somewhere I'm not comfortable having my car like this, any help will beappreciated
blkGT00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
jng2985

You will have to remove the window from the motor. Haven't had to do it to a mustang, but there should be either rivets or a clip holding it.
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
blkGT00

Default Re: please help fast!

Thanks for the quick reply, I read a few more threads that popped up on google and saw a guy mention to just hit the bottom of the door near where the motor is. We I'll be damned if that didn't work
Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Have you tried hitting the inside of the door. I know on my 01 gt this happened and I just used my fist and pounded on it and it finally grabbed long enough to roll up the window. Never rolled it back down till it was fixed.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Have you tried hitting the inside of the door. I know on my 01 gt this happened and I just used my fist and pounded on it and it finally grabbed long enough to roll up the window. Never rolled it back down till it was fixed.
Nice title lol
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
blkGT00

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
yeah that worked. But when you say "until it was fixed" what exactly was the cause if your problem?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by blkGT00 View Post
yeah that worked. But when you say "until it was fixed" what exactly was the cause if your problem?
On mine it was the window motor itself. Replaced it and never had an issue again.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #8
blkGT00

Default Re: please help fast!

Sounds good, thanks for the help:beer: