Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
ThunderkissGT14

I cant build a normal engine for that matter... but yes i know how a rotary works.

Hey man its cool, you're into novelty ideas. You and i like the same car minus the engine. Facts are those bitches are unreliable. Seals blow all the time, to many rpms on a poor design.

Im also a member of norotors.com and i've just seen swap after successful swap going into these cars and i think its just making the car better. the all aluminum lsx block is supposedly only 70lbs more than the rotary so no weight / handling is really lost there; its just more power and reliability.

but lets agree to disagree. Maybe its fun tearing down a rotary and rebuilding it around every 80k?

2012 V6 performance package traded in
1999 camaro ss sold
1987 GXL rx7 bish locked up at 110k... pfft sold
1979 280zx sold

2004 R1 sold
2006 shadow custom sold
2002 shadow custom sold
1999 TL1000R sold
1997 TL1000S sold

ThunderkissGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
NAVAG

Right now I say keep. I'm not sold on the new generation of mustangs yet. Give me about 3 or 4 years...I usually get the itch for something new when I have about a year left on the note.

I've owned three fox bodies including an old "four-eye" This one will definately be harder to get rid of.
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote