Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #136
downtime!

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
MT-82 for life!!!
I've had really good luck with mine. 36000 miles, several hundred lauches, no telling how many roll races in Mexico. I got the whine the first time I took it to Maryland two years ago, but even that has nearly completely gone away. The Barton shifter transmits a LOT of noise up through the stick, but other than that, it's held up really well. My reason for switching is consistency and the desire for better times. I think I can get 10.70's out of the car the way it is, but the mph shows that the car has some 10.40's in her. Not sure I can get her there rowing! LOL!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #137
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
I've had really good luck with mine. 36000 miles, several hundred lauches, no telling how many roll races in Mexico. I got the whine the first time I took it to Maryland two years ago, but even that has nearly completely gone away. The Barton shifter transmits a LOT of noise up through the stick, but other than that, it's held up really well. My reason for switching is consistency and the desire for better times. I think I can get 10.70's out of the car the way it is, but the mph shows that the car has some 10.40's in her. Not sure I can get her there rowing! LOL!
That's good man. Most of the failures on these trans are due to driver error, but I'll stick to the stick. Mine isn't a track car. Just sees it here and there. I just want to hit 11's one day lol

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #138
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Do it! We did some shakedown passes with kdanner's car last night at Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy. Air was terrible but they did a good job with the track.

Best pass was:

First time the car has been to the strip in over a year. It should run mid 10's when the weather cools.
What are the mods to that car?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #139
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Most of the blown 5.0s have spent WAY more time in a shop than on road trips, lol.
Yes, that is true for the cars making more than 650rw for sure. That comes down to tune issues more times than not with cars pushing the limits of the stock MAF. But there is many, many cars out there running 600-650 range that have stock like drivability from a solid tuner.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #140
kdanner

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
What are the mods to that car?

-Alex
No sissy power adders.
Boss powered, headers/CJ manifold
converter
3.31 gear
suspension, tires, etc.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #141
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
No sissy power adders.
Boss powered, headers/CJ manifold
converter
3.31 gear
suspension, tires, etc.
Boss powered? Like pistons and crank or full longblock?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 09-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #142
Rebelracer568

Oxford mt82 for life????? Doesnt yours make a funny noise when shifting? lol.
Im going t56 if mine blows. Be better for road racing. Plus autos are way to go if you wanna go fast. Thats why im slow lol
Rebelracer568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #143
kdanner

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Boss powered? Like pistons and crank or full longblock?

-Alex
I bought an entire Boss engine from a Ford dealer in January 2011, before the Boss cars actually shipped. It was cheap at the time. Sold my stock engine for good $, in the end the Boss upgrade cost me $1500. Only internal upgrade is I installed Triangle Speed's pump gears before installing the engine. What I didn't know at the time since the cars weren't out yet is that the Boss engines aren't any faster than a GT once they both have the Boss manifold and are tuned. But, the durability upgrade for that price was worth it anyway I think.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #144
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Rebelracer568 View Post
Plus autos are way to go if you wanna go fast.
Complete nonsense. You can go fast rowing gears if you practice enough and know your car well. The ONLY steadfast rule pertaining transmission choice is autos are the way to go if you are a bracket racer. Driver ability and suspension set ups are the keys to going fast at the track.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #145
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Complete nonsense. You can go fast rowing gears if you practice enough and know your car well. The ONLY steadfast rule pertaining transmission choice is autos are the way to go if you are a bracket racer. Driver ability and suspension set ups are the keys to going fast at the track.
I think what he meant Steve is that if you want to go fast you go auto due to consistency and the fact you can't shift faster than an auto lol

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #146
Dominic Toretto

I think what he meant Steve is that if you want to go fast you go auto due to consistency and the fact you can't shift faster than an auto lol
And you remove any possibility of human error in regards to shifting late, missed shift etc.

-Alex

Old 09-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #147
Rebelracer568

Steve I can slam gears I race cars with clutchless jerico transmissions. The fastest blown mt82 that I know is 10.03 could be wrong. There alot of faster autos. Our trannys sucks. Autos hold more power and shift faster. Its not the 60's and 70's when autos where slow and manuals were faster.
There a reason the cobra jets are autos when in 68 there were almost all sticks
Rebelracer568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #148
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Steve I can slam gears I race cars with clutchless jerico transmissions. The fastest blown mt82 that I know is 10.03 could be wrong. There alot of faster autos. Our trannys sucks. Autos hold more power and shift faster. Its not the 60's and 70's when autos where slow and manuals were faster.
Yes auto is the way to go for the track but it isn't as fun as the manual on the streets. So since my car see the streets 99% of the time the stick is the only way I will go.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:37 AM   #149
JDMLOL

MT-82 for life!!!
They suck. Mine likes to grind in second with the the clutch through the floorboard.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:00 AM   #150
downtime!

The Cobra Jets are also NOT running the 6R80. They come with the good old C4 3 speed auto, straight out of the 60's and 70's. There's also a 2 speed option they're calling a C2, but I'm betting it's just an updated version of the old Powerglide.