The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #91
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Exactly why I don't watch basketball, and why it hasn't been worth watching and paying attention to since the 90s.
Then why are you commenting on it?
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #92
Bearded Banger

Default NBA Fans

Been watching Basketball my whole life. Actually been a Mavs fan my whole life too. Before Cuban was ever the owner.
Also like the Supersonics as a result I'm now an OKC fan.
Always a Bulls fan. Obviously because of the Jordan/pipped days. Jordan was a Carolina boy under Dean Smith.
I hardly consider myself a fair weather fan. I'd rather see that trophy in Texas than in Miami with those I'm larger than life, greatest thing to happen to the NBA, screw ove my hometown fans by having not one, but two circus'.
Go Spurs!!!
PS I've hated Miami before the big 3. Back to the 'ZO days.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #93
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Then why are you commenting on it?
Because I want to?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #94
Doug1227

Not cheering FOR the Spurs....cheering AGAINST the Heat!

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
if you are a true mavs fan how can you cheer for the spurs???
Old 06-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #95
Doug1227

I've hated the Heat since that travesty that was the 2006 Finals.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #96
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Doug1227 View Post
I've hated the Heat since that travesty that was the 2006 Finals.
ME TOO. Even Heat fans know that was a rigged, gimme championship. That shit STILL pisses me off bad.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #97
Luke

relatives in miami so yea i like them
I have relatives in California, that doesn't mean I have to suck cock!!

if you are a true mavs fan how can you cheer for the spurs???
Lesser of two evils for the Mavs fans

its funny how everyone hates the heat bc 3 good players took less money to play on the same team...
Duncan took a smaller contract for the Spurs before the big 3 even came together. As did the Celtics...

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
Been watching Basketball my whole life. Actually been a Mavs fan my whole life too. Before Cuban was ever the owner.
Also like the Supersonics as a result I'm now an OKC fan.
Always a Bulls fan. Obviously because of the Jordan/pipped days. Jordan was a Carolina boy under Dean Smith.
I hardly consider myself a fair weather fan. I'd rather see that trophy in Texas than in Miami with those I'm larger than life, greatest thing to happen to the NBA, screw ove my hometown fans by having not one, but two circus'.
Go Spurs!!!
PS I've hated Miami before the big 3. Back to the 'ZO days.
As a kid it was SA (home team), the Bulls (bc of Jordan obviously) and the Rockets (close to home and for some reason I liked them when I was a kid) so I know what you're saying.

Now the list goes SA, Texas based team, then Western Conference team.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #98
03MachMe

Default Re: NBA Fans

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
I'd rather see that trophy in Texas than in Miami with those I'm larger than life, greatest thing to happen to the NBA, screw ove my hometown fans by having not one, but two circus'.
This! The whole I need a 1hr espn special to announce where I'm going to take my talents and circus / concert like introduction they had had to be the most self centered "hey look at me" thing I have ever seen. Have a press conference like the rest of the sporting world and I wouldn't have a problem with 3 big names on the same team. I really want to enjoy watching the big 3 because I'm sure it's going to go down in history as one of the best teams of all time but I can't stand people that full of themselves.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #99
Luke

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
This! The whole I need a 1hr espn special to announce where I'm going to take my talents and circus / concert like introduction they had had to be the most self centered "hey look at me" thing I have ever seen. Have a press conference like the rest of the sporting world and I wouldn't have a problem with 3 big names on the same team. I really want to enjoy watching the big 3 because I'm sure it's going to go down in history as one of the best teams of all time but I can't stand people that full of themselves.
Agreed.

Too bad the "big 3" has faded into the "big 2," Bosh isn't needed on that "team." They should free up the salary room and get a big that can play D.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #100
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I personally don't pay any attention to the off court antics of the players, hype of the media and owners. It's all bullshit and big business. What matters is the amazing talents and physical abilities that some of these players possess.

As a Lakers fan the media would lead me to beleive that Kobe is the devil himself, but I don't care. He's one of the greatest players ever, someone who can truly be compared to Jordan (not surpass him of course).

I'd personally not rather get caught up in the off court nonsense that takes place because it takes away from the enjoyment of the game itself. I just rather enjoy the amazing talents that I've been able to witness over the years..Jordan, Johnson, Karreem, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Wade, Lebron etc. Each and every superstar you can find off court fault with if you look, but who cares. They are ball players, not saints.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #101
Luke

You forgot Duncan
Old 06-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #102
re-rx7
Banned

I personally don't pay any attention to the off court antics of the players, hype of the media and owners. It's all bullshit and big business. What matters is the amazing talents and physical abilities that some of these players possess.

As a Lakers fan the media would lead me to beleive that Kobe is the devil himself, but I don't care. He's one of the greatest players ever, someone who can truly be compared to Jordan (not surpass him of course).

I'd personally not rather get caught up in the off court nonsense that takes place because it takes away from the enjoyment of the game itself. I just rather enjoy the amazing talents that I've been able to witness over the years..Jordan, Johnson, Karreem, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Wade, Lebron etc. Each and every superstar you can find off court fault with if you look, but who cares. They are ball players, not saints.
I cant think of a fault with Kevin Durant?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #103
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
You forgot Duncan
No, I didn't. Duncan is as boring as watching paint dry. I prefer dynamic players.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #104
Bearded Banger

Default NBA Fans

Durantula is probably my favorite player in the NBA right now.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #105
46Tbird

No, I didn't. Duncan is as boring as watching paint dry. I prefer dynamic players.
Tim Duncan = 4 rings
Allen Iverson = 0 rings

I'm just sayin.