Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #226
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Then don't talk shit about racing anyone when you aren't doing it yourself.

Let's set up a track day then so we can see how awesome of a driver you are and how blazingly fast your car is. Crandall is open for Friday night for T&T. You down or you will "be having a life" that night?
I can talk shit if I want to and yes I'll be busy Friday cause I'll be having my kids for the weekend for the first time since the wedding.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #227
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I can talk shit if I want to and yes I'll be busy Friday cause I'll be having my kids for the weekend for the first time since the wedding.
Soo, you can talk shit, even though you aren't racing, or haven't beat anyone either, but I can't even though I am racing, having fun and bringing some fun lighthearted entertainment to the board?

LMAO..you're crazy, Jeff.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #228
re-rx7
Banned

Thurs at Denton are usually open as well. Im down Steve if we can ever get together.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #229
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Let's set up a track day then so we can see how awesome of a driver you are and how blazingly fast your car is. Crandall is open for Friday night for T&T. You down or you will "be having a life" that night?
Soo, you can talk shit, even though you aren't racing, or haven't beat anyone either, but I can't even though I am racing, having fun and bringing some fun lighthearted entertainment to the board?

I make plenty of power to back it up so I know I will beat basic bolt 5.0's. so yes I can talk shit. You can't do that obviously ex: Nic. You know I would rather race against LS3 vettes and see how my car stands against them. Motor to motor of course.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #230
DirtyD

I'm the slowest one here and haven't beat anyone (according to King Bench Racer Jeff). So you should give me the hit and maybe a car or two.
Pretty sure I'm slower. You at least have a legit dyno tune. Highly doubt my can SCT tune competes. The intake probably isn't even really getting used because I'm on the stock airbox option (no K&N option)
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #231
White_lightning

I make plenty of power to back it up so I know I will beat basic bolt 5.0's. so yes I can talk shit. You can't do that obviously ex: Nic. You know I would rather race against LS3 vettes and see how my car stands against them. Motor to motor of course.
ls3 vettes are very common.. shouldnt have a problem running into one

now finding a BONE stock one.. might be a problem.. because short of a paper tag one finding one that only makes 400ish rwhp will be tough.. unless you are making a lot more than the other 5.0 guys in this thread.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #232
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
ls3 vettes are very common.. shouldnt have a problem running into one

now finding a BONE stock one.. might be a problem.. because short of a paper tag one finding one that only makes 400ish rwhp will be tough.. unless you are making a lot more than the other 5.0 guys in this thread.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #233
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Old 05-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #234
White_lightning

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
it's just a rumour..

but i heard THIS is what happens when a 490 rwhp c6 runs a 500+ rwhp mustang.. granted its a Blown 4.6 and not the all mightly 5.0.. maybe the 5.0 would have been closer

Old 05-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #235
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Thurs at Denton are usually open as well. Im down Steve if we can ever get together.
I have training on Thursday nights until 8:30. Go home, shower and then drive all the way to Denton from Wylie just wouldn't be worth it by the time I got there.

LOL, more dyno racing. Hate to tell you, but you'd get murdered by a even just a cam only LS3 Vette. Mustangs need to make about 100rw or more to stay even due to the weight difference. You aren't making that much power on motor.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Pretty sure I'm slower. You at least have a legit dyno tune. Highly doubt my can SCT tune competes. The intake probably isn't even really getting used because I'm on the stock airbox option (no K&N option)
I'm using the stock air box and filter as well. Only mod I have is the H pipe and tune. That's it.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #236
re-rx7
Banned

it's just a rumour..

but i heard THIS is what happens when a 490 rwhp c6 runs a 500+ rwhp mustang.. granted its a Blown 4.6 and not the all mightly 5.0.. maybe the 5.0 would have been closer

Well obviously. The weight diff is what 500lbs not to mention the Aero drag. The 1/4 mile would be diff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCTVy...nofeather=True
Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #237
White_lightning

Well obviously. The weight diff is what 500lbs not to mention the Aero drag. The 1/4 mile would be diff
1/4 mile would be different depending on the driver. I couldnt care about 1/4 mile so i dont know what i would run.

another local C6 ran 10.3 @ 132 making 520 rwhp NA.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #238
White_lightning

that race was 100% won by driver.

the vette had WAY to much power to try hook like that on an un prepped surface.. stang as smart.. killed him out the hold and held him off for the 1/16th mile of the race
Old 05-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #239
Grandpa
I> /\/\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCTVy...nofeather=True
LMAO, that Fox is a nitrous car and makes WAY more than 496rw. It's already been proven. That was a nice troll job by that guy though.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #240
re-rx7
Banned

1/4 mile would be different depending on the driver. I couldnt care about 1/4 mile so i dont know what i would run.

another local C6 ran 10.3 @ 132 making 520 rwhp NA.
I feel the LRA setup lauches better then IRS.