Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #256
Midnight11
El Presidente

Yea Steve I'm out for lunch make sure you take your Metamucil today!

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #257
03MachMe

So we going to the track tmrw or not...

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #258
Midnight11
El Presidente

Ill go. I doubt Steve will though

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #259
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
If this actually goes down, and at the track, post up the time slips.

I'd put money on the terminators being some of the faster cars of this group. I've been out of the country a while and although I sold my 03 Cobra for a 13 GT, I miss the Cobra more.
Gee, that wouldn't happen to be because they've had a 10 year head start or anything, would it? lol. Add boost to these cars they are just as fast, if not faster, handle better due to a superior chassis all with the creature comforts of latest technology.

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Yea Steve I'm out for lunch make sure you take your Metamucil today!
Enjoy your Happy Meal, kiddo.
Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
So we going to the track tmrw or not...
I'm pretty sure I'm going. The only way I don't go is if the wife isn't feeling well in the morning. She is a lil over 8 months now, not much longer to go!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #260
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Gee, that wouldn't happen to be because they've had a 10 year head start or anything, would it? lol. Add boost to these cars they are just as fast, if not faster, handle better due to a superior chassis all with the creature comforts of latest technology.

I'm pretty sure I'm going. The only way I don't go is if the wife isn't feeling well in the morning. She is a lil over 8 months now, not much longer to go!
I'm out. It's my anniversary so I'm taking the wife out and she isn't going to the track.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #261
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
i'm out. It's my anniversary so i'm taking the wife out and she isn't going to the track.
pihb!!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #262
03MachMe

Ok want to roll out together? Was thinking about leaving around 1130

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #263
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Ok want to roll out together? Was thinking about leaving around 1130
Sounds like a plan.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #264
Luke

I'm obviously in agreement with most of that which is why I traded up, but when people race, it's a "run what ya brung" event. 10 year head start or not, the faster car wins, no excuses. And I was just throwing out my personal opinion on which car (to date) I've had more fun in.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #265
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm obviously in agreement with most of that which is why I traded up, but when people race, it's a "run what ya brung" event. 10 year head start or not, the faster car wins, no excuses. And I was just throwing out my personal opinion on which car (to date) I've had more fun in.
Your 5.0 is pretty much stock, yes? Not exactly a fair comparison to a modded Terminator.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #266
Emwun Garand

The Coyote is 3 years old now, plenty of aftermarket for them.

And I don't know many 03/04 guys who have owned their cars for 10 years either. Most of these cars have had 2-4 owners now. I agree with the ride quality/comforts thing, but the years argument is baseless.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #267
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Emwun Garand View Post

And I don't know many 03/04 guys who have owned their cars for 10 years either. Most of these cars have had 2-4 owners now. I agree with the ride quality/comforts thing, but the years argument is baseless.
There are plenty of aftermarket stuff out for the coyote but the parts are more expensive cause they are the newest thing out. When they are 10 years old then the parts will be cheaper. That's the only argument I could think of for the years.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #268
Luke

I was picking on you for picking on the Cobra owners. And sure it's a fair comparison, my Cobra had a very similar amount of money in mods as my 13 does (without including cost of the vehicle), and I would definitely get beat by a similarly built 03/04.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #269
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I was picking on you for picking on the Cobra owners. And sure it's a fair comparison, my Cobra had a very similar amount of money in mods as my 13 does (without including cost of the vehicle), and I would definitely get beat by a similarly built 03/04.
Yeah cause they already had boost. Put a supercharger on a stock 5.0 and then race a stock termi and the 5.0 will kill the cobra.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #270
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Emwun Garand View Post

It's not baseless at all. I know several guys, like Foof for example, who have owned their cars since new. Also, most of those cars when they are sold are sold with their mods. Anyone can go onto a board like SVTP and buy a twinscrew Cobra for a decent price. In addition to that, the used aftermarket parts are much more readily available at a cheaper price. Coyote parts are still expensive due to the car being much newer, that's just simple basics of the hobby. Coyotes can also run close to the price the Cobra did new and there wasn't as many fast Terminators running around the first year or two because the parts were expensive and not as readily available.

So give it time, before long there will be lots of fast 5.0's running around. I will be one of them.