PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Racing

Emwun Garand
01-17-2013, 08:07 AM
anyone here a member on that forum? I registered but for whatever reason wasn't approved? I think maybe I need another member's name as a recommendation?

Zeek
01-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Its really private there.....you have to be srs biznuz!

Phuck Phace
01-17-2013, 10:17 AM
I tried a few months ago and got nothing.

Grandpa
01-17-2013, 10:28 AM
DR is a private forum and not your typical public message forum. Close nit group of guys. I was a member there but got banned a couple years back. The used to be nothing but hardcore trash talking, but I know it's changed hands awhile back so maybe it's changed but I seriously doubt it. I've know some of those guys since the mid 90's cruising/racing on Galloway back in the day. Most of the members are good people, but there are some real low life scumbags on there too.

White_Lightning (Dave) is a member there, maybe he can get you an invite to a meet to go meet some of the guys and possibly get a board invite. Your car won't even be on the Z team there. Some seriously fast cars over there.

White_lightning
01-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Im not sure why you didnt get on.. they are not blocking ANY new memebers now...

in general you register and then have to go post an intro thread following the rules in the intro thread sticky and then you can post... not rocket science.

Malu59RT
01-17-2013, 10:47 AM
White_Lightning directed me over here saying some people couldn't get on to the site. If you can give me your Screen Name on DR, I can look and see what happened.

As an FYI, we approve almost all members and they instantly get put into a group that forces them to make an introduction thread before they can see the full site, and then we manually give them access to the site. If you haven't done this, then you don't see any of the forum except the intro section.

I've deleted a lot of users that I thought were spam bots based on their email or screen name, so if that was you, my apologies.

Grandpa
01-17-2013, 10:51 AM
White_Lightning directed me over here saying some people couldn't get on to the site. If you can give me your Screen Name on DR, I can look and see what happened.

As an FYI, we approve almost all members and they instantly get put into a group that forces them to make an introduction thread before they can see the full site, and then we manually give them access to the site. If you haven't done this, then you don't see any of the forum except the intro section.

I've deleted a lot of users that I thought were spam bots based on their email or screen name, so if that was you, my apologies.

Sup J! How ya doin?

Malu59RT
01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Sup J! How ya doin?

Hey Steve, not to bad, staying busy at work and trying to become a real grownup :D. How are things with you and the family?

Malu59RT
01-17-2013, 11:09 AM
LOL, just saw Phuck Phace's account on here. I thought you have access to the intro section? Going through the new registrations, your name definitely stuck out, and I figured if you were a spam bot, I'd still let you in for having a cool name.

Grandpa
01-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Hey Steve, not to bad, staying busy at work and trying to become a real grownup :D. How are things with you and the family?

Life couldn't be better my friend. Wife is great, Emma is four already! New baby is due first week of April. :head3:

Grandpa
01-17-2013, 11:18 AM
LOL, just saw Phuck Phace's account on here. I thought you have access to the intro section? Going through the new registrations, your name definitely stuck out, and I figured if you were a spam bot, I'd still let you in for having a cool name.

Phuck Phace is good people. Very chill, laid back guy who likes to party. Other than being slow, he'll fit in great over there. :)

Bearded Banger
01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
I hate Phuck Phace. Dudes a straight up Dick. I'm gonna create a private forum accept his membership so I can ban him.

Grandpa
01-17-2013, 11:31 AM
I hate Phuck Phace. Dudes a straight up Dick. I'm gonna create a private forum accept his membership so I can ban him.

:bowroflwerd6:

merlinmol
01-17-2013, 11:56 AM

Haha, :challenge:

BLK2012GT
01-17-2013, 11:58 AM

Lmao

Phuck Phace
01-17-2013, 12:09 PM

Cool, I'll have to go back and check it out, hope you guys don't mind mustangs under 1000rwhp.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/s1roush/DOIT_zpsa7e2b744.jpg

White_lightning
01-17-2013, 12:22 PM
and before steve says it.. NO mother fucker. that's not me in that pic

Grandpa
01-17-2013, 12:24 PM

LMMFAO! I thought about it posting it for a moment, but I played it cool. I must be getting old when I'm not taking the free shots anymore.

Emwun Garand
01-17-2013, 02:25 PM
It was the same name I registered there as I use here.

And Steve, I know my shit is slow. I still like to race. :D

Grandpa
01-17-2013, 02:56 PM

And Steve, I know my shit is slow. I still like to race. :D

There is no one there for you to race. The camera cars there make 1000rw! The "fast" cars make 1400rw+. lol.

unreal
01-17-2013, 03:56 PM

How did you read my mind. I haven't seen you in 10 years and that was the 1st thing I thought.

White_lightning
01-17-2013, 04:40 PM
How did you read my mind. I haven't seen you in 10 years and that was the 1st thing I thought.

keep it up:) im not above bitch slapping a dude... :D

Grandpa
01-17-2013, 04:42 PM
keep it up:) im not above bitch slapping a dude... :D

Such hostility!

STROKD
01-17-2013, 08:58 PM
There is no one there for you to race. The camera cars there make 1000rw! The "fast" cars make 1400rw+. lol.

exaggeration...

Edwin makes like 820 rw, he is sold B team over there and would have a lot of fun as that is the best spot to be. The main problem is getting anyone to actually race, they normally like to just go out and drink. Phuck Phace would fit in like a long lost brother.

I had everyone listed on who races what, but I didnt want to divuldge the info.:yawn:

Emwun Garand
01-17-2013, 11:50 PM
The main problem is getting anyone to actually race, they normally like to just go out and drink. Phuck Phace would fit in like a long lost brother.

:lol2:

Malu59RT
01-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Life couldn't be better my friend. Wife is great, Emma is four already! New baby is due first week of April. :head3:

I had no idea you were having a second child, congratulations! I think the last time I saw you all was at True Street. My cousin's son is about that age and I picked him up a SRT Viper power wheels car for Christmas. Very fun age to have kids. Do you know the sex of the baby, or are you going to let it be a surprise?

Grandpa
01-18-2013, 12:43 AM
I had no idea you were having a second child, congratulations! I think the last time I saw you all was at True Street. My cousin's son is about that age and I picked him up a SRT Viper power wheels car for Christmas. Very fun age to have kids. Do you know the sex of the baby, or are you going to let it be a surprise?

Thanks. It's another little girl. :banana:

Kids are great. They are a LOT of work, it's the hardest job I've ever had in my life and I've had some tough jobs over the years, but it's also the most rewarding job too. Emma is SO much fun, smart, beautiful little girl.

I hope you get to have some of your own one day, I know you will be an awesome Dad! :happy107:

Phuck Phace
01-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Lol

unreal
01-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Any other good local car sites?

Malu59RT
01-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Cool, I'll have to go back and check it out, hope you guys don't mind mustangs under 1000rwhp.

I went ahead and made you a normal member, so enjoy the site, but please make an intro thread.

Yeah, pretty sure I deleted your account thinking it was spam. Re-register, and go ahead and use Malu59RT as the referrer, and I'll get you set up.

Kids are great. They are a LOT of work, it's the hardest job I've ever had in my life and I've had some tough jobs over the years, but it's also the most rewarding job too. Emma is SO much fun, smart, beautiful little girl.

I hope you get to have some of your own one day, I know you will be an awesome Dad! :happy107:

Great news Steve! Does Emma show a strong interest in cars yet?

As far as I go, I'm missing 50% of what it takes to make a baby :). It'll happen soon enough I'm sure.

Grandpa
01-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Great news Steve! Does Emma show a strong interest in cars yet?

As far as I go, I'm missing 50% of what it takes to make a baby :). It'll happen soon enough I'm sure.

Yeah, she loves going to car shows and seeing all the "pretty colors". She's been able to pick Mustangs and Camaros out in traffic since she was three. lol.

I heard you sold your Lambo, what are you driving these days?

Phuck Phace
01-18-2013, 12:31 PM
I went ahead and made you a normal member, so enjoy the site, but please make an intro thread.

Thanks, will do.

blownaltered
01-18-2013, 12:38 PM

You had to have another girl that way Sean and Austin will have prom dates. :nutkick:

Grandpa
01-18-2013, 12:43 PM
You had to have another girl that way Sean and Austin will have prom dates. :nutkick:

LMAO...wow. I'm going to show that comment to Meredith. You will surely get a :slap: :laughing1:

Emwun Garand
01-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Yeah, pretty sure I deleted your account thinking it was spam. Re-register, and go ahead and use Malu59RT as the referrer, and I'll get you set up.

Done, and thanks

blownaltered
01-18-2013, 01:07 PM
LMAO...wow. I'm going to show that comment to Meredith. You will surely get a :slap: :laughing1:

:lol:

Malu59RT
01-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Done, and thanks

Got you set up, please make an intro thread.

Yeah, she loves going to car shows and seeing all the "pretty colors". She's been able to pick Mustangs and Camaros out in traffic since she was three. lol.

I heard you sold your Lambo, what are you driving these days?

Yeah, ended up selling it to Robert, so it's still "in the family" and I get to see it still. Was hoping to get a 2013 Viper, until SRT decided to price the one I want (Launch Edition) over $150k (OTD). For now, I'm just cruising along in my Lexus for now. Ended up getting my parents a 2013 Lexus GS350 F-Sport for christmas, so gonna chill with a normal car until a new Viper gets more in my price range.

Grandpa
01-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Got you set up, please make an intro thread.

Yeah, ended up selling it to Robert, so it's still "in the family" and I get to see it still. Was hoping to get a 2013 Viper, until SRT decided to price the one I want (Launch Edition) over $150k (OTD). For now, I'm just cruising along in my Lexus for now. Ended up getting my parents a 2013 Lexus GS350 F-Sport for christmas, so gonna chill with a normal car until a new Viper gets more in my price range.

Wow, well you win the son of the year award! lol That was very nice of you to do that. The new Vipers are definetely awesome looking, but now have gone big baller status. Hopefully they come down in price sometime soon so you can get one. :happy107:

Phuck Phace
01-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Was hoping to get a 2013 Viper, until SRT decided to price the one I want (Launch Edition) over $150k (OTD).

150k for a Viper, Dafuq?

Malu59RT
01-28-2013, 02:40 PM
150k for a Viper, Dafuq?

Launch editions are $137k, before destination ($2k), gas guzzler (unknown), and sales tax, which will put it over $150k.

Grandpa
01-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Launch editions are $137k, before destination ($2k), gas guzzler (unknown), and sales tax, which will put it over $150k.

I had no idea they had reached that price level. Wow.

Emwun Garand
01-28-2013, 09:34 PM
They're clowning on my wheels over there.

"Always wondered what a Cobra looked like with IROC wheels"

fml

Grandpa
01-28-2013, 10:18 PM
They kinda have a point... Lol

STROKD
01-28-2013, 10:45 PM
They're clowning on my wheels over there.

"Always wondered what a Cobra looked like with IROC wheels"

fml

yea, get used to it. :shrug:

Emwun Garand
01-29-2013, 01:07 AM
They kinda have a point... Lol

Eh. 3 grand for wheels isn't my thing.

STROKD
01-29-2013, 02:29 AM

3k is a good deal, like half price.

Grandpa
01-29-2013, 03:19 AM

Mine either. ;)

Phuck Phace
01-29-2013, 03:20 AM
Spend a lot of money on wheels then you'll be fast like Steve.

Grandpa
01-29-2013, 03:48 AM
Spend a lot of money on wheels then you'll be fast like Steve.

I didn't spend as much as you might think. lol.

I'll get to the speed part in time. This isn't my first rodeo. I'm enjoying having a car that starts every time I turn the key. lol.

Btw, I've been WAY faster than you have. ;)

Midnight11
01-29-2013, 03:59 AM
I didn't spend as much as you might think. lol.

I'll get to the speed part in time. This isn't my first rodeo. I'm enjoying having a car that starts every time I turn the key. lol.

Btw, I've been WAY faster than you have. ;)

you obv havent ridden in davids truck...

Phuck Phace
01-29-2013, 10:30 AM

...with Dale standing in the truck bed singing "Surfin USA".

Emwun Garand
01-29-2013, 11:55 AM
I have a car that starts every time I turn the key.

Fortunately for me, I haven't experienced the normal problems associated with the 03/04 Cobra. No FRPS issues, no alternator issues, nothing debilitating so far.

Grandpa
01-29-2013, 11:58 AM

No, I have yet to have the priveledge of picking David up from jail quite yet. Guess I'm not part of the cool clique here either. lol

...with Dale standing in the truck bed singing "Surfin USA".

Odd drunken behavior..but okay. lol.

I have a car that starts every time I turn the key.

Fortunately for me, I haven't experienced the normal problems associated with the 03/04 Cobra. No FRPS issues, no alternator issues, nothing debilitating so far.

You should buy a lottery ticket.

Phuck Phace
01-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Jail? I don't break the laws, brochacho.

Grandpa
01-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Jail? I don't break the laws, brochacho.

Public intoxication and creepin in girls windows is illegal, brochacho.

Midnight11
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Public intoxication and creepin in girls windows is illegal, brochacho.

judging is bad mkay :signs8:

Real
01-29-2013, 01:18 PM
If smack talk were an Olympic sport many of those guys would be gold medalists.. Honestly it's fun at times to just watch the back and forth. I'll never be on the level of say 80% of them, but I honestly don't want to be. I love cars and love seeing what they can do. The fact that these guys push their cars that far is enjoyment enough.

Grandpa
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
judging is bad mkay :signs8:

I prefer to call it observation. :Big Laugh:

Grandpa
01-29-2013, 01:42 PM
If smack talk were an Olympic sport many of those guys would be gold medalists.. Honestly it's fun at times to just watch the back and forth. I'll never be on the level of say 80% of them, but I honestly don't want to be. I love cars and love seeing what they can do. The fact that these guys push their cars that far is enjoyment enough.

It's all in good fun here though, not mean spirited at all.