PDA

View Full Version : "The Crew"

TrueStreetTim
08-23-2013, 11:22 AM
....the "5.0 Crew"! This will happen lol. Love OGFox's intro at 1.20 (forza players know).

d4JnshyKOOQ

BLK2012GT
08-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Ahhhh fuck only for Xbox one.

GunsUp
08-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Looks badass

TrueStreetTim
08-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Unfortunately (to me) it's a little too Need For Speed'ish judging by the gameplay vids.

GunsUp
08-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately (to me) it's a little too Need For Speed'ish judging by the gameplay vids.

You'd probably rather have a game where you have to build the car and test n tune it and run a 275 class lol

TrueStreetTim
08-23-2013, 12:33 PM
You'd probably rather have a game where you have to build the car and test n tune it and run a 275 class lol

If only lol.

There was a game years ago called Motor City Online (PC). You started in dirt track racing working up cash to purchase a used car. At first it was only 30's to roughly mid 60's cars in the game and they added new ones to the lots periodically as the game evolved. You could select real world parts from the "catalog" or from the online "ebay" style market where players would add parts they no longer needed or devs would throw in new items as well. It had an option for how much involvement you wanted to have with the building of the cars right down to the piston size and all. Or you could keep it idiot proof and have the game match parts. It was sooooo in-depth and ahead of it's time! Quarter mile racing and all. And believe it or not, if you set up the suspension right and had the power etc, you could lift the wheels and actually used the wheelie bars available for purchase. Still holding out for a game like this. But in the end there wasn't enough player base and EA shut it down just inside of a year if I recall. Again; ahead of it's time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_City_Online

Phuck Phace
08-23-2013, 12:44 PM
If only lol.

There was a game years ago called Motor City Online (PC). You started in dirt track racing working up cash to purchase a used car. At first it was only 30's to roughly mid 60's cars in the game and they added new ones to the lots periodically as the game evolved. You could select real world parts from the "catalog" or from the online "ebay" style market where players would add parts they no longer needed or devs would throw in new items as well. It had an option for how much involvement you wanted to have with the building of the cars right down to the piston size and all. Or you could keep it idiot proof and have the game match parts. It was sooooo in-depth and ahead of it's time! Quarter mile racing and all. And believe it or not, if you set up the suspension right and had the power etc, you could lift the wheels and actually used the wheelie bars available for purchase. Still holding out for a game like this. But in the end there wasn't enough player base and EA shut it down just inside of a year if I recall. Again; ahead of it's time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_City_Online

I played that game! I had a black mustang with red flames. Shit was addicting.

That was probably the only online game I have ever played.

TrueStreetTim
08-23-2013, 12:46 PM
I played that game! I had a black mustang with red flames. Shit was addicting.

That was probably the only online game I have ever played.

Addicting like nothing I've experienced since in a car game lol.

Grandpa
08-23-2013, 04:56 PM
This game looks like a cross between NFS and Test Drive Unlimited.