PDA

View Full Version : Total BS

Quake5.0
08-09-2012, 11:29 AM
So I get ticket in the mail from DPS saying I didn't pay a toll back in 2010 and have 9 in total going to court. I wanna know how in the freaking HELL does 9 tolls ranging from 75 cents to the max 2.00 dollars = 5000.00? I know admin fees but really 5000.00 dollars?
:mfr_omg:

Quake5.0
08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
I am in the wrong damn business!

46Tbird
08-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Five grand lol.

That must be the fees + bench warrants for failure to appear.

Phuck Phace
08-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Send them $15 and tell them to fuck off.

DirtyD
08-09-2012, 01:59 PM
If you never got anything in the mail, then you are in the clear, because they are supposed to alert you or bill you for the amount before pursuing admin and other fees.

What's sucks is you have no way or proving you never got them...

DirtyD
08-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I would say to call and discuss with then the situation. You never saw a bill. Tell them you are willing to pay the past due tolls right now and maybe they will drop it.

Grandpa
08-09-2012, 02:59 PM
NTTA really need to get their collective shit together. I'm tired of dealing with them as well. So much so, I really try to avoid using the the tollways now and it's the closest highway too us.

kanetrain
08-09-2012, 03:34 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me. I had apx. $21 in toll tag charges that I didn't pay(yeah I know I should have, it was only $21 though) that turned into apx $15,000 in charges and shit. I called and the lady said "Oh... well because you're a toll tag owner, I can go ahead and knock off ~$14,800!!"

Quake5.0
08-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah the lady was really nice and I explained I had no idea. So 5000 turned into 258 dollars. But still I got a invite to Judge Yarbough's court in Frisco for 41 dollars on a $ 1.25 toll in 2010! They are the biggest rip off!

:biggun:

Grandpa
08-09-2012, 04:34 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me. I had apx. $21 in toll tag charges that I didn't pay(yeah I know I should have, it was only $21 though) that turned into apx $15,000 in charges and shit. I called and the lady said "Oh... well because you're a toll tag owner, I can go ahead and knock off ~$14,800!!"

Now that is funny. It's legal extortion. lol

Courtesy Flush
08-09-2012, 05:21 PM
I think there was an article a month or so ago about the top tolltag runners the NTTA posted up and collection issues. Problem is they have no legal authority to asses fees more than the amount of the original toll unpaid. The outrageous gouge on your invoices your seeing is put there as a "attention getter". They are simply looking for contact in most cases to assure what they presume is your vehicle and/or phone #/ address.

https://www.ntta.org/custinfo/BIlling-and-Payment/Pages/Top_Toll_Violators.aspx

Imagine what these fees would be if lets say "Amber Young" of "Dallas" calls in. lol

Im in no way advising you to miss a court date, but understand your rights before going there. If you have been getting invoices and not paying them shame on you, if not then explain that. I would even mention you attempted calling about your toll road usage(weather you did or not they wont know) but you were told you would receive your invoice in the mail. When finally received you were being assessed late fees for their billing misunderstanding.
Agree to pay the original toll amount no fees. People like solutions especially judges.

DirtyD
08-09-2012, 05:38 PM
I've been through a few tolls so far with my car, but I have paper plates. IDK if they can track me down from paper plates, but I'll definitely keep my eye out for anything NTTA related, besides my toll tag.

Courtesy Flush
08-09-2012, 05:55 PM
I've been through a few tolls so far with my car, but I have paper plates. IDK if they can track me down from paper plates, but I'll definitely keep my eye out for anything NTTA related, besides my toll tag.

Word is they bill em to the dealership and the dealership bills you. Although that wasn't the case with me.

kanetrain
08-09-2012, 06:09 PM
No they don't bill the dealership, if you have paper plates they're free! I always tell people to leave them on until they expire because of the free tolls.

03MachMe
08-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Word is they bill em to the dealership and the dealership bills you. Although that wasn't the case with me.
Nope.
No they don't bill the dealership, if you have paper plates they're free! I always tell people to leave them on until they expire because of the free tolls.

Nope.

The new paper plates are tracked just like your metal plate. They run that tag and your name and address come back just like if you had your metal permanentplate. The old paper plates with the dates, maybe but not the new ones sorry.

Like everyone is saying tell them u never got an invoice and you are willing to pay the amount before the fees no problem and you are willing to get a toll tag to avoid further problems as long as your not a repeat offender you will be fine