PDA

View Full Version : Any Weight Trainers/Body Builders on Here?

Pages : 1 [2]

Dominic Toretto
02-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is what BJJ stands for. Specifically trained in the Gracie lineage. I trained with Steve for years and can tell you now, it will be a very humbling experience for you. People that don't train and never have, really have no idea what a trained BJJ fighter can do to you. Imagine play wrestling with a 3 year old at your size and age. That is what its like for somebody that is trained to roll with someone who has never done it. Its like throwing around a baby. I know that sound cocky but that is what it feels like, I have done that to many new people. Now I'm so out of practice I will probably lose to people that have only been in it for a little while but a new guy will get triangle choked. :sparta:

I'm sure it would be.

This may sound like a stupid question but, I remember someone from a previous job saying that his hands had to be registered as weapons or something because he was a black belt in Karate or some martial arts. Is that true that you know of?

-Alex

Grandpa
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM
I'm sure it would be.

This may sound like a stupid question but, I remember someone from a previous job saying that his hands had to be registered as weapons or something because he was a black belt in Karate or some martial arts. Is that true that you know of?

-Alex

LMAO..no. Complete myth and bullshit.

BERT
02-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Dare I ask how you injured yourself?

-side note. Send me a text. I got a new phone and your number didn't transfer at the store.

Not paying attention to my body and kept on working out heavy on incline using barbell and the smith machine. Now only do dumbbells for incline and it feels much much better

BERT
02-19-2014, 01:25 PM
and I sent you a text, did you get it? Cause I just got a text from a damn 913 area code number. That's from Kansas City lmao

Grandpa
02-19-2014, 01:29 PM
and I sent you a text, did you get it? Cause I just got a text from a damn 913 area code number. That's from Kansas City lmao

Yep.

Grandpa
02-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Not paying attention to my body and kept on working out heavy on incline using barbell and the smith machine. Now only do dumbbells for incline and it feels much much better

Ah, makes sense. I really don't like those Smith machines. Feels unnatural to me. I just figured its because I'm a lifting newb.

blownaltered
02-19-2014, 01:30 PM
I'm sure it would be.

-Alex

He's not Chuck Norris for gods sake.

Steve is not registered as a lethal weapon, the last time somebody tried that with him they were never heard from again.

Dominic Toretto
02-19-2014, 01:43 PM
He's not Chuck Norris for gods sake.

He certainly was the Dwight Schrute of the office.

Anyway, Steve if you want to delete the recent posts, feel free to. Again, I didn't realize you and Bert were cool like that, so I did jump off the deep end:kiss1:.

-Alex

BERT
02-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Ah, makes sense. I really don't like those Smith machines. Feels unnatural to me. I just figured its because I'm a lifting newb.

They're good for some stuff. I try not to use too much now

blownaltered
02-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Exactly.

Now, tell me about your dunking expierence. Ive been waiting for that story. Lol

The dunking experience was different. I think I was a little to optimistic on what the results would be and it actually put me in a funk for about two days. My body does not like me for that because I punished it at the gym, had to work out the frustration. Lets just say if you ever do it, it will be a reality slap to the face. The scale doesn't tell you what that will and the scale doesn't hurt that bad. At least I know where I am at and know what I have to do from this point on.

zsommer79
02-19-2014, 06:52 PM
The dunking experience was different. I think I was a little to optimistic on what the results would be and it actually put me in a funk for about two days. My body does not like me for that because I punished it at the gym, had to work out the frustration. Lets just say if you ever do it, it will be a reality slap to the face. The scale doesn't tell you what that will and the scale doesn't hurt that bad. At least I know where I am at and know what I have to do from this point on.

Dunking? Where you training to dunk a basketball?

Grandpa
02-19-2014, 07:04 PM

Yeah, I can understand that. I know I'm not super lean so that is why I didn't see a point in it. But hey, you were curious and gave it a try. Eat clean and train for awhile, then go back and you will be able to see the before/after effects of your hard work! That would be pretty cool.

blownaltered
02-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Dunking? Where you training to dunk a basketball?

You know white people can't jump. lol

I did the hydrostatic weighing. The weigh you on land and then in water. Since fat weighs less than water, they can tell how much fat you have by your underwater weight.

blownaltered
02-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I can understand that. I know I'm not super lean so that is why I didn't see a point in it. But hey, you were curious and gave it a try. Eat clean and train for awhile, then go back and you will be able to see the before/after effects of your hard work! That would be pretty cool.

It did tell me how much muscle I need to gain and how much fat I have to lose to get to my goal. Its a little further than I thought I had to go but I will get there.

Grandpa
02-19-2014, 07:12 PM
It did tell me how much muscle I need to gain and how much fat I have to lose to get to my goal. Its a little further than I thought I had to go but I will get there.

No more beer for you for awhile. lol

BERT
02-19-2014, 07:18 PM

That's just crazy talk

blownaltered
02-19-2014, 07:27 PM

Beer goes bad in my fridge before I drink it so I don't think that will be my problem.

Grandpa
02-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Beer goes bad in my fridge before I drink it so I don't think that will be my problem.

LOL, same here. I've had an unopened case of Corona in my pantry since our Christmas party. Its not even in the fridge thinking about getting cold. Today was the first time in a couple of weeks I've had anything but water to drink and it was unsweetened tea. Beginning to wonder if I'm going abit too hardcore with this.....or not. I gotta win!! :D

blownaltered
02-19-2014, 08:20 PM
LOL, same here. I've had an unopened case of Corona in my pantry since our Christmas party. Its not even in the fridge thinking about getting cold. Today was the first time in a couple of weeks I've had anything but water to drink and it was unsweetened tea. Beginning to wonder if I'm going abit too hardcore with this.....or not. I gotta win!! :D

I will end up having a couple beers Saturday night but that will be it for a few weeks. Just means Sunday I have to work harder.

Grandpa
02-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Just an observation/mild rant on my part that has been frustrating me lately.

So I'm in the middle of my "transformation" here if you will. When I first told friends and family I was going to do this I got the usual encouragement and skeptism. Rightfully so on the latter as many times I've yo-yo dieted over the last several years. I've now stuck with it longer than I ever have now and had some great results. As of late, it seems some of the understanding I've gotten from some is teetering off from some because I'm not as willing to go out and do as much social eating as I used to and when I do, I'm picky about where I can go if I'm going to eat. I'll go anywhere to hang out, but if it's not a place I can eat to reach my goal I'll eat beforehand. The crazy thing is, now I'm finding some resistance to this. More so from friends as my family is pretty health conscience for the most part.

I can't tell if the novelty has just worn off for some or what. Some times I can't help to think that some people are purposely trying to trip me up being super strict about my diet to make themselves feel better about their own diets. I've come to realize that some people are just really bad about change or I'm really just going crazy. lol

Dominic Toretto
02-24-2014, 04:35 PM
As you have changed your diet for the better, also change your friends for the better.

-Alex

Grandpa
02-24-2014, 04:44 PM
That seems to be a bit of a drastic reaction. Haha.

Dominic Toretto
02-24-2014, 04:46 PM
The feedback I get from people is that they "want" to start eating better and working out but, they stop right there. For the most part I can understand not wanting to change a diet. I will make my lunches in bulk for the week. It's just way to easy to do it that way. But eating that way becomes boring. I often times don't even eat for taste anymore.

Doesn't help that people will come in with pizza, Wing Stop, Sonic etc. Whenever I get desparate enough I make the drive to Ghenghis for a break.

-Alex

BERT
02-25-2014, 06:20 PM
That seems to be a bit of a drastic reaction. Haha.

Much easier just to tell the friends you have to fuck off and keep them than find new friends. New friends suck lol

Grandpa
02-25-2014, 06:49 PM
Much easier just to tell the friends you have to fuck off and keep them than find new friends. New friends suck lol

Very true. lol

blownaltered
02-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Just an observation/mild rant on my part that has been frustrating me lately.

So I'm in the middle of my "transformation" here if you will. When I first told friends and family I was going to do this I got the usual encouragement and skeptism. Rightfully so on the latter as many times I've yo-yo dieted over the last several years. I've now stuck with it longer than I ever have now and had some great results. As of late, it seems some of the understanding I've gotten from some is teetering off from some because I'm not as willing to go out and do as much social eating as I used to and when I do, I'm picky about where I can go if I'm going to eat. I'll go anywhere to hang out, but if it's not a place I can eat to reach my goal I'll eat beforehand. The crazy thing is, now I'm finding some resistance to this. More so from friends as my family is pretty health conscience for the most part.

I can't tell if the novelty has just worn off for some or what. Some times I can't help to think that some people are purposely trying to trip me up being super strict about my diet to make themselves feel better about their own diets. I've come to realize that some people are just really bad about change or I'm really just going crazy. lol
Since I never go out to eat with you, since you suck as a friend I don't have this problem.

But for your real friends I would say you might be going overboard. It doesn't hurt to have a cheat meal every once in a while. This is why most diets or as you put it life style change fail. If you cut out everything you enjoy and never treat your self, you set yourself up for failure. Just my opinion from someone who never eats with you. :party52:

Grandpa
02-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Since I never go out to eat with you, since you suck as a friend I don't have this problem.

But for your real friends I would say you might be going overboard. It doesn't hurt to have a cheat meal every once in a while. This is why most diets or as you put it life style change fail. If you cut out everything you enjoy and never treat your self, you set yourself up for failure. Just my opinion from someone who never eats with you. :party52:

You are more full of shit than a Thanksgiving turkey. I've asked you a number of times if you wanted to go eat lunch. You can't get your lazy ass out of the house or your car is broke or you have baseball practice for the 5th of the week. lol

And how am I setting myself up to fail if I'm succeeding by sticking to my plan? That makes no sense at all. lol

Dominic Toretto
02-26-2014, 12:52 PM
So I have officially lost 4lbs of body fat. I can't pinch(or grab) as much fat as before. Scale confirms the weight loss.

-Alex

blownaltered
02-26-2014, 02:06 PM
So I have officially lost 4lbs of body fat. I can't pinch(or grab) as much fat as before. Scale confirms the weight loss.

-Alex

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a536/blownaltered/good-for-you-_zpsf0c91285.jpg (http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/blownaltered/media/good-for-you-_zpsf0c91285.jpg.html)

Grandpa
02-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Lmao!

Grandpa
02-26-2014, 03:44 PM
I just wanna say, baked sweet potato fries are the bomb!

Slice up a sweet potato in fries shape. Put them into a bowl and lightly toss them in some EVOO, sea salt and pepper. For other flavors you can add cumin or cinnamon too. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes and enjoy an amazing healthy treat!!

blownaltered
02-26-2014, 04:42 PM
I just wanna say, baked sweet potato fries are the bomb!

Slice up a sweet potato in fries shape. Put them into a bowl and lightly toss them in some EVOO, sea salt and pepper. For other flavors you can add cumin or cinnamon too. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes and enjoy an amazing healthy treat!!

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a536/blownaltered/image_zpsa95e8223.jpg (http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/blownaltered/media/image_zpsa95e8223.jpg.html)

Dominic Toretto
02-26-2014, 04:47 PM
BA you're really winning the internet today :)

-Alex

blownaltered
02-26-2014, 04:55 PM

-Alex

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a536/blownaltered/giphy_zpsbf2daf12.gif (http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/blownaltered/media/giphy_zpsbf2daf12.gif.html)

Grandpa
02-26-2014, 05:20 PM

-Alex

Buncha haters. Donnie just knows because his schedule is so swamped the next few months he's going to end up the fat guy in our relationship now. :happy175:

You agree with him again today I will ban you for the rest of the day. Don't encourage him! :p: :Wedgie:

Dominic Toretto
02-26-2014, 05:31 PM
You agree with him again today I will ban you for the rest of the day. Don't encourage him! :p: :Wedgie:

LOL der Fuhrer has spoken :)

-Alex

blownaltered
02-26-2014, 05:52 PM
Buncha haters. Donnie just knows because his schedule is so swamped the next few months he's going to end up the fat guy in our relationship now. :happy175:

In your dreams Veggie Man, I am still working out even though my schedule sucks donkey dick.

blownaltered
02-26-2014, 08:54 PM
going to try and squeeze in one more cardio day a week. I'm only doing it 4 days a week after lifting but I'm wanting to fit in one more day. Damn my schedule sucks right now.

Grandpa
02-27-2014, 12:07 PM
I love CT Fletcher. lol

X-bhwC3qz_Q

Grandpa
02-27-2014, 12:23 PM
going to try and squeeze in one more cardio day a week. I'm only doing it 4 days a week after lifting but I'm wanting to fit in one more day. Damn my schedule sucks right now.

JNL7bO5M_M0

blownaltered
02-27-2014, 02:08 PM
I love CT Fletcher. lol

X-bhwC3qz_Q

Steroids are awesome

Grandpa
02-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Steroids are awesome

Nothing works unless you do.

BERT
02-27-2014, 03:18 PM
This week is my first week back in the gym in 3 weeks. Everything is so heavy.... and I am so sore

Grandpa
02-27-2014, 03:38 PM
This week is my first week back in the gym in 3 weeks. Everything is so heavy.... and I am so sore

Sissy. lol

BERT
02-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Sissy. lol

Speaking of, I need to come in town so you can take me to lunch that you owe me :D

blownaltered
02-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Nothing works unless you do.

And doing steroids is the reason he is that big. I'm not saying he doesn't work hard but he wouldn't be near that size without the juice

Grandpa
02-27-2014, 05:40 PM
Speaking of, I need to come in town so you can take me to lunch that you owe me :D

I hope you like tofu...

Grandpa
02-27-2014, 05:41 PM
And doing steroids is the reason he is that big. I'm not saying he doesn't work hard but he wouldn't be near that size without the juice

Juice doesn't make you big. It speeds up recovery. Big misconception. You could take steroids without lifting and it wouldn't do anything for you. You have to lift heavy and frequently in order to get "big".

blownaltered
02-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Juice doesn't make you big. It speeds up recovery. Big misconception. You could take steroids without lifting and it wouldn't do anything for you. You have to lift heavy and frequently in order to get "big".

Holy fuck I'm done with this thread. Your worse than Dominic these days. You've been dieting for 6 months and working out so now all of a sudden your a fucking expert on everything. Damn everybody else has been annoyed for a long time and I finally got there. Your right about everything Steve, you are the all knowing Steve and how dare we say anything.

Grandpa
02-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Holy fuck I'm done with this thread. Your worse than Dominic these days. You've been dieting for 6 months and working out so now all of a sudden your a fucking expert on everything. Damn everybody else has been annoyed for a long time and I finally got there. Your right about everything Steve, you are the all knowing Steve and how dare we say anything.

It's called studying/research numbnuts. Why do you take it as an argument? It's a discussion. Lighten the fuck up. lol

BERT
02-27-2014, 06:18 PM
I hope you like tofu...

Did you just tell me to go fuck myself?

BERT
02-27-2014, 06:21 PM

LMAO!!!! this is the best post in this thread :D

BERT
02-27-2014, 06:22 PM

Oh it does something for you alright, it makes you fat if you don't workout while on it.

Grandpa
02-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Did you just tell me to go fuck myself?

LMAO!

LMAO!!!! this is the best post in this thread :D

Don't encourage him being grumpy.

Dominic Toretto
02-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Oh it does something for you alright, it makes you fat if you don't workout while on it.

I haven't heard that.

Something for consideration on whether or not steroids makes you big. I've read that without proper cycling, it will make your fingers and jaws larger. Considering you use those pretty frequently throughout the day especially moreso than anything else you use, I think it's safe to say that steroids does make you bigger. You don't need to recover from chewing, speaking, or typing. Just sayin.

-Alex

BERT
02-28-2014, 11:51 AM
I haven't heard that.

Something for consideration on whether or not steroids makes you big. I've read that without proper cycling, it will make your fingers and jaws larger. Considering you use those pretty frequently throughout the day especially moreso than anything else you use, I think it's safe to say that steroids does make you bigger. You don't need to recover from chewing, speaking, or typing. Just sayin.

-Alex

Had a friend use it and decided to be lazy and not workout, he got fat. Think about it, being on that kind of stuff makes you hungry all the damn time, which is part of the reason you get big cause you're taking in so many calories. Well, he ate more and didn't work out so he got fat

blownaltered
02-28-2014, 12:38 PM
I almost took steroids years ago, but my wife didn't want me to for health reasons. I almost did it behind her back but realized that was probably a bad idea.

Dominic Toretto
02-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Had a friend use it and decided to be lazy and not workout, he got fat. Think about it, being on that kind of stuff makes you hungry all the damn time, which is part of the reason you get big cause you're taking in so many calories. Well, he ate more and didn't work out so he got fat

I haven't researched steroids. Not interested at all. I see why they are worth the hyp but, not for me.

I think it, as with any type of supplement, that it has to do with many more factors than just taking it. As you stated, he didn't workout. Also could have to do with his cycling method. What type of steroid he was taking etc. Most people that I see that claim to take steroids are RIPPED, so gaining fat just from taking steroids doesn't add up to me.

-Alex

BERT
02-28-2014, 01:25 PM
I almost took steroids years ago, but my wife didn't want me to for health reasons. I almost did it behind her back but realized that was probably a bad idea.

I want to, but I'm a big 'ol pussy when it comes to needles. Safe to say I will never be a heroin addict

I do want to try some over the counter shit though, but then comes the problem of me being a big cheap ass. My brother did a bottle of Dragon, shit works pretty damn good

Grandpa
02-28-2014, 01:48 PM

With the health issues you have had the last few years its a good thing you didnt do it. That may have really complicated things for you.

My brother had a high school football buddy who took steroids. He ended up dying at 35 years old from an enlarged heart due to direct result of taking steroids.

re-rx7
02-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Im 6'2 210. Just need a lil more muscle mass and less taco bell. Lol

Dominic Toretto
02-28-2014, 01:59 PM
My brother had a high school football buddy who took steroids. He ended up dying at 35 years old from an enlarged heart due to direct result of taking steroids.

Yeah steriods are NO joke. You really have to know what you're doing and stay on top of everything. It's illegal for a reason and there really isn't a "safe" way to monitor everything I'd stay away.

-Alex

blownaltered
02-28-2014, 06:03 PM
I found a vegan bodybuilder for you Steve. Watch this video it will give you motivation

https://www.yahoo.com/food/so-a-comedian-walked-into-a-gym-no-78115124293.html

Grandpa
02-28-2014, 07:31 PM
There is a few of them out there believe it or not. Lol

Grandpa
02-28-2014, 07:34 PM
Donnie, im gonna take your advice and try to weigh myself only once a week for awhile to see how it works out. Maybe i will stop stressin over this shit. Lol

blownaltered
02-28-2014, 11:14 PM
There is a few of them out there believe it or not. Lol

You must not have watched the video. The guy is a buck 30 soak and wet

Dominic Toretto
03-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Another exert from Biotrust in my email.

"Reader Question: Josh and Joel, if my goal is fatloss, when should I be eating carbs? Or should I be avoiding carbs altogether? Thank you!

-Mary S., New York

Josh & Joel's Response: Hi Mary! Thanks for your question. Carb consumption is a topic that many folks are indeed confused about, so we're happy to clear up the "if" and "when" surrounding your carb intake.

First, NO, you definitely shouldn't be avoiding carbs altogether as there simply ;isn't any good reason to do so. With the right approach, you can enjoy carbs and still drop flab; in fact, eating carbs can even speed your fatloss along when done strategically, which leads us right in to the second part of your question -- WHEN should you eat carbs?

Well, there are actually TWO times of day in which carbs are an ideal choice. The first time is in the morning hours. After an overnight fast your internal carbohydrate stores (known as glycogen) will be somewhat depleted, so carbs eaten in the morning are less likely to spill over into fat storage. Not only that, but research shows that carbohydrate tolerance and insulin sensitivity are highest in the morning and only get worse as the day progresses. So, if you want a flat belly, eat carbs in the morning and avoid carbs in the evening, especially in the late evening hours.

The second "best" time to eat carbs is after a workout. The only time that insulin sensitivity and carb tolerance is higher than in the morning is immediately following a workout. So, choosing carbs after an intense exercise session is a great way to refuel your energy stores while avoiding fat storage."

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
04-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Great information on creatine in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd_FlrAWI7U

-Alex

TurboZ
04-06-2014, 10:35 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1618444_2032198934005_811059029_n.jpg

1 year's worth of hard work as of 03/2014.

Was 130lb soaking wet. I'm hovering around 162-165 right now at 5'6". Trying to get to 175-180 max.

Strict diet and training regimen. Supplements are Whey and Casein protein, multivitamins, fish oil, vitamin b12, creatine 1 hr before the gym, pre-workout, and eating about 5000 calories or more per day lol

I was 7% body fat in the first pic, i've never been more than 13%, usually stay in the mid 11's to the low 12's

Dominic Toretto
06-14-2014, 10:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m--xo6M1ew

-Alex

BERT
06-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Sad part is Valintino actually thought that looked good.

I haven't watched the vid yet, at work with no sound, but I remember that moron being on tv and talking about that shit

Dominic Toretto
06-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Sad part is Valintino actually thought that looked good.

I haven't watched the vid yet, at work with no sound, but I remember that moron being on tv and talking about that shit

I'm not particularly squeemish. I have both Human Centipede movies but, the part where Valentino tried to operate on himself with a syringe almost got to me. If this video doesn't scare people aware from steroids, nothing will.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
08-09-2014, 10:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXvnS0xXx9M

-Alex