PDA

View Full Version : Fox Body kit problems?

STROKD
05-11-2013, 12:12 AM
do you guys sell a Fox body attachment adhesive? One of my ground effects is slightly bent at the edge and it is starting to make the door rub, which is a series pita. is there some type of glue or adhesive that holds these things on? It is at the back corner where the door edge corner is on the passenger side.

Tony@Latemodel
05-13-2013, 10:43 AM
double sided tape works or you can try an adhesive. you can get it at an auto parts store or a body shop supply.

STROKD
05-13-2013, 04:04 PM
double sided tape works or you can try an adhesive. you can get it at an auto parts store or a body shop supply.

Ive got some tape, Ill try that just on the corner... will it last with rain and washings and etc? that's why I was hoping for some type of glue that wount wear out... any type of adhesive you like more than another? I just really need to get the corner to sit down, the rest of it is straight for some reason.

Tony@Latemodel
05-13-2013, 04:15 PM
the body moldings we sell all use double sided tape on them. i've used adhesive from auotzone that worked well, i want to say it was 3M brand but i can't quite remember for sure.

STROKD
05-13-2013, 07:00 PM
the body moldings we sell all use double sided tape on them. i've used adhesive from auotzone that worked well, i want to say it was 3M brand but i can't quite remember for sure.

Thanks again Tony, this isn't a body molding, this is the large GT ground effect that goes under the door... it's about half the length of the car, says MUSTANG GT on the front part of it

Tony@Latemodel
05-15-2013, 10:18 AM
yes but the same adhesive or double sided tape will hopefully work. let me know how it goes.