Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #406
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Damn
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #407
Junkie

Wow...all that shit talk and the car/driver only accomplished those times. I honestly did expect faster.

A stick car is going to do MUCH MUCH better on a slick. Get a good set of wheels/tires and go get some seat time. Don't waste the part wear and tear on crappy passes. Go out and just 60ft the car one time until you get happy there. Then move out to 330' once that's nailed move on.

Also if people being around make you nervous. Get a few guys together and rent Denton, also take your tuner with you.

It does seem like to me some MPH/power is missing or something is wrong. I know my CTS-V which is 4610lbs with me in it, on small drag radials out MPH'd that with similar power. Bone stock on stock tires we went 117mph. 441rwhp
Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #408
DirtyD

I haven't had any issues with my catch can from JLT, but I simply take it off, empty/check it, and out it back on, and my car sees daily duty.

As for the CAI, I have only been running his carbon fiber version for a week now. Currently running a preloaded SCT tune (I know I know, but let's not get into that) and all seems to be fairly fine so far. I will say that having that raised lip on the end of the tune does help you will getting the proper filter location, but I think he could've gone with a slightly different design to obtain a cleaner flower of air into the tube through the filter, such as some type of Venturi insert or something.

I will disagree however on catch can copying by SHR. Their product clearly came on to the market after his catch can, when he was supplying Shelby with his products, and I don't think it's just a coincidence. But he should have taken the measures to protect his design. There are many ways to design something with the same objective. He was just coming up with his own product, not claiming to have invented it.

These are my opinions though. No bias on my part, just many hours of research, opinion reading, thinking, and more thinking. All of my JLT parts were purchased used from other Mustang owners. The only thing I have purchased from him directly were hood struts. Lol
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #409
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Wow...all that shit talk and the car/driver only accomplished those times. I honestly did expect faster.

A stick car is going to do MUCH MUCH better on a slick. Get a good set of wheels/tires and go get some seat time. Don't waste the part wear and tear on crappy passes. Go out and just 60ft the car one time until you get happy there. Then move out to 330' once that's nailed move on.

Also if people being around make you nervous. Get a few guys together and rent Denton, also take your tuner with you.

It does seem like to me some MPH/power is missing or something is wrong. I know my CTS-V which is 4610lbs with me in it, on small drag radials out MPH'd that with similar power. Bone stock on stock tires we went 117mph. 441rwhp
Having the guys around didn't make me nervous. Me not doing it in 10 plus years Plus seeing all the mustang wiggle in the 1-2 shifts.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #410
wbt

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I haven't had any issues with my catch can from JLT, but I simply take it off, empty/check it, and out it back on, and my car sees daily duty.

As for the CAI, I have only been running his carbon fiber version for a week now. Currently running a preloaded SCT tune (I know I know, but let's not get into that) and all seems to be fairly fine so far. I will say that having that raised lip on the end of the tune does help you will getting the proper filter location, but I think he could've gone with a slightly different design to obtain a cleaner flower of air into the tube through the filter, such as some type of Venturi insert or something.

I will disagree however on catch can copying by SHR. Their product clearly came on to the market after his catch can, when he was supplying Shelby with his products, and I don't think it's just a coincidence. But he should have taken the measures to protect his design. There are many ways to design something with the same objective. He was just coming up with his own product, not claiming to have invented it.

These are my opinions though. No bias on my part, just many hours of research, opinion reading, thinking, and more thinking. All of my JLT parts were purchased used from other Mustang owners. The only thing I have purchased from him directly were hood struts. Lol
...and there is nothing wrong with that. If you are happy that's really all that matters.

For me, I still can't sell the JLT intake I purchased and did the testing with. I suppose the results produced sort of shot the re-sell value to Hell.

I may be able to give it away to someone next weekend. We'll see.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #411
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
...and there is nothing wrong with that. If you are happy that's really all that matters.

For me, I still can't sell the JLT intake I purchased and did the testing with. I suppose the results produced sort of shot the re-sell value to Hell.

A little confused my friend. I saw the graphs and watched both videos. I have the jlt oil sep. and have checked it here and there, it's been on my car maybe 3,000 miles now, I have 8,800 on the car now. Back to your graphs and comparisons. Based on what your signals were reading that'd effect only shifts? Or would it effect horsepower as well? Also, because of those testing are you running your stock cai?

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #412
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

When did this thread turn into a tech thread?
Old 08-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #413
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
When did this thread turn into a tech thread?
I'm sorry.... Jeff are you are the call out wait list yet?

Old 08-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #414
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
A little confused my friend. I saw the graphs and watched both videos. I have the jlt oil sep. and have checked it here and there, it's been on my car maybe 3,000 miles now, I have 8,800 on the car now. Back to your graphs and comparisons. Based on what your signals were reading that'd effect only shifts? Or would it effect horsepower as well? Also, because of those testing are you running your stock cai?
i know brent had issues with the jlt cai on his auto as well. its not very good. personally i like the c&l but from what i've heard the stock box is just fine.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #415
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
I'm sorry.... Jeff are you are the call out wait list yet?
Nope don't need to be. I already beat the number two and three guy.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:31 AM   #416
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
i know brent had issues with the jlt cai on his auto as well. its not very good. personally i like the c&l but from what i've heard the stock box is just fine.
Yeah, I've heard many people, time after time, mention the stock boxes performed very well. And "pointless" to replace it. I just figured an open air filter could squeeze more air in, may not be the coolest air but more air and based on that video I watched his gauges showed and he said the open air filters cool off quicker than the already great stock cai

Old 08-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #417
Oxford14Stang

Ah, gotcha. I'm sitting around waiting for Rebelracer to run number 10 spot, than knock everyone off the list. Them top 3 guys are gonna have to watch out, rebelracer from the small town of Sanger is coming for them.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #418
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #419
DirtyD

Originally Posted by wbt View Post

So is the intake you have one of the first production ones? Before any revisions and what not? If so, I'm sure that make be part of it. You'd think someone on Craigslist would be on it. Haha

I do like the stock box, especially the fact it's a closed element design to help negate any effect from under hood temps on the IATs. I just don't like the accordion style couples and tube they use on it because I would imagine the interference in airflow that would cause. Why not just make a straight flow through tube from the factory and be done?...

Last edited by DirtyD; 08-19-2013 at 01:40 AM.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #420
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I'm not going to participate in the top ten. Just pointing out I already beat two of the top 3 so far.

And I love how that gtg last night was supposed to settle some grudge matches yet no one is talking about them. Seems like I'm the hot topic of the night.