Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #286
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Lol
Old 08-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #287
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Well I know I need to get my pig skinner. But then again I want to run my times full weight and not take shit out of my car.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #288
Luke

Mine (premium) weighed in at 3785 with me in it, only weight reduction was the driveshaft and wheels
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #289
DirtyD

My car with me in it and the strut tower brace removed was 3790#, without me 3620#.

I also talked to wbt. I saw the car when we got there and knew I recognized it.

I saw him run a 10.96 I believe, at 121 I think. Even he was having issues with the track.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #290
downtime!

Damn, makes me wonder how mine would have run now. My 10.85 came in D/A that was nearly identical to what ya'll had last night.

Before the KB install, my car weighed 3755 with me in it, and a little under half a tank of gas (scales at MIR). That was running Racestars and 275/60's and the stock 19's up front, full interior, nothing in the trunk. To lighten these cars up, you have to be dedicated, and get very creative. If you don't believe me, take the entire back seat out and then pick up all the pieces at once. It weighs next to nothing.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #291
kdanner

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
10.80's I think. His car is gutted inside. And he's only running 3.31's and a 4k stall.
Car has a roll bar, so no back seat. Passenger seat is removed at the track, nobody else ever does that, right? So, if that is what you call gutted, ok then.

Car ran a best of 10.92 at nearly 125 last night. 60' was 1.55-1.57 every pass. Track surface was awesome. If you guys think that place is bad, you should suffer at San Antonio sometime, you'll change your minds real quick.

I do wonder about trap speeds at Ennis though. This car has trapped a hint above 126 at San Antonio and Houston, and has never run out of RPM in 3rd, but it did last night and I had to make it cross while upshifting to 4th. Only way it could run out of RPM would be to have some slippage, or it's trapping faster than before. Data doesn't show any slippage. I really think those trap speeds were inaccurate at least in the left lane, he never ran in the other side.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #292
46Tbird

Good to meet you guys. That GT runs hard!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #293
DirtyD

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
Car has a roll bar, so no back seat. Passenger seat is removed at the track, nobody else ever does that, right? So, if that is what you call gutted, ok then.

Car ran a best of 10.92 at nearly 125 last night. 60' was 1.55-1.57 every pass. Track surface was awesome. If you guys think that place is bad, you should suffer at San Antonio sometime, you'll change your minds real quick.

I do wonder about trap speeds at Ennis though. This car has trapped a hint above 126 at San Antonio and Houston, and has never run out of RPM in 3rd, but it did last night and I had to make it cross while upshifting to 4th. Only way it could run out of RPM would be to have some slippage, or it's trapping faster than before. Data doesn't show any slippage. I really think those trap speeds were inaccurate at least in the left lane, he never ran in the other side.
Yeah, I notice the trap speeds seemed just a tad off for some of my runs.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #294
kdanner

Yeah, good meeting ya'll. Wish that track was closer. Just too far and too much towing expense to go there often. We'll probably try Sealy, it's a little closer for us, not sure what to expect down there. I can be at Little River in a half hour, I don't go there because the traction is so bad, and now San Antonio has become just as bad.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #295
Rebelracer568

Here some interesting info for yall. In houston last year my 12 with cai and bama race tune and 3.31 gear went 12.3 at 120mph. Jeffs car is capable of low 11's on good track
Rebelracer568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #296
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post

Just took a glance inside real quick and only saw a passenger seat so the inside is empty so it looks gutted.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #297
Oxford14Stang

My car 14' MT82 base model with sync full interior spare tire tools jack and all with half a tank and me in it weighed in at exactly 3800lbs . I run my car like I drive it everywhere. Full interior and a spare tire to bolt on if I get a flat lol I ran consistent 13.1s spinning first, and letting off in 2nd when car started to go sideways but had traction in 3rd and fourth. Thanks to Josh Bishop I tried his recommendation on the launch and got my 60' to consistent 2.1s from my 2.2s almost 2.3s on my stock 235/55/18s with a little more seat time (only made 3 passes, 4th pass I couldn't get 2nd in so babed it down) I think I could improve it more.

Last edited by Oxford14Stang; 08-18-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #298
Oxford14Stang

I did however get Ant to excited and got him to miss third trying to power shift lol. Than ran him again we took off almost identical, I pulled 2nd gear, he missed 3rd once more and fourth what a night

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #299
wbt

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
10.80's I think. His car is gutted inside. And he's only running 3.31's and a 4k stall.
I told you on s197 I was going to be there. Seems you are full of excuses. Not sure why. My car is far from gutted. As kdanner said, it has the passenger seat removed, rear seats removed, and trunk liners removed. Maybe ~65lbs. tops from that. The car is NHRA legal down to 10.00 which means all that equipment only adds weight to the car. It still has A/C, stereo, and is very streetable. Not anything close to being a race car.

Now we hear your car weighs 4,000+lbs. without any heavy superchargers, turbo kits, etc. It must be the heaviest non-power adder s197 on the planet. I would be horribly disappointed with the times and trap speeds your car ran based on the dyno numbers. This is why you shouldn't get wrapped up in racing dyno's. The track is what counts.

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Good to meet you guys. That GT runs hard!
Thanks man! Enjoyed meeting and chatting with everyone. Now we aren't so bad in person are we? :P

Onto the track conditions.....this was my first time back to the Motorplex in 13 years. The facilities were in every bit as good of shape as they were in the late '90's and only second to Houston Raceway Park IMO. The track was fantastic all night. I never had a traction issue. The car hooked and was straight as an arrow down the entire track. I was highly impressed and will be back to run more. It's a long haul but worth it.

On the times.....I made quite a few changes to the car in the past few months and our goal was to work on the tune and any other issues we ran into. The car ran great in crappy air and it showed great potential for when the weather starts to cool in a couple of months.

Since last November, this car has run 10's every time it has been out in varying conditions. It has run 10's at every major track in Texas. I am super excited about that. No other street legal N/A stock long block car has done that.

Last edited by wbt; 08-18-2013 at 07:18 PM.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #300
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
I told you on s197 I was going to be there. Seems you are full of excuses. Not sure why. My car is far from gutted. As kdanner said, it has the passenger seat removed, rear seats removed, and trunk liners removed. Maybe ~65lbs. tops from that. The car is NHRA legal down to 10.00 which means all that equipment only adds weight to the car. It still has A/C, stereo, and is very streetable. Not anything close to being a race car.

Now we hear your car weighs 4,000+lbs. without any heavy superchargers, turbo kits, etc. It must be the heaviest non-power adder s197 on the planet. I would be horribly disappointed with the times and trap speeds your car ran based on the dyno numbers. This is why you shouldn't get wrapped up in racing dyno's. The track is what counts.

Thanks man! Enjoyed meeting and chatting with everyone. Now we aren't so bad in person are we? :P

Onto the track conditions.....this was my first time back to the Motorplex in 13 years. The facilities were in every bit as good of shape as they were in the late '90's and only second to Houston Raceway Park IMO. The track was fantastic all night. I never had a traction issue. The car hooked and was straight as an arrow down the entire track. I was highly impressed and will be back to run more. It's a long haul but worth it.

On the times.....I made quite a few changes to the car in the past few months and our goal was to work on the tune and any other issues we ran into. The car ran great in crappy air and it showed great potential for when the weather starts to cool in a couple of months.

Since last November, this car has run 10's every time it has been out in varying conditions. It has run 10's at every major track in Texas. I am super excited about that. No other street legal N/A stock long block car has done that.
You got me confuse with someone else cause you never told me shit on s197 about you being anywhere. And I think anyone can drive an auto down a track. How hard is it to push just a peddle? Usually people who get autos can't drive a stick. But enjoy your chick tranny. And never said my car was 4k plus. Said it was 3873 with everything in it and 4k with me in it. So learn how to read.

Last edited by BLK2012GT; 08-18-2013 at 07:56 PM.