Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #421
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Ok Gary think about it. A D1 pro charger car with a built engine and fuel system is probably around 12-15k and it will make 700 rwhp maybe a little more. I have the exact same money and ill be at 800 rwhp maybe a little more. So do you really think it cost too much for a little pick up?
Dave made more than 700 on the stock motor with the blower. It also takes a Mustang an additional 150rw or more to make up for the weight/aero difference. If you start going out to pick fights with blown Vettes you're going to get a rude awakening. lol.

When you get tuned for juice, you should race Vic. Very comparable cars mod for mod.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #422
Bearded Banger

It's just my opinion. And yes I would never pay that much to have a juiced car. Not my style. Your money, your car do whatever you want. I still like it and want a ride. I would never build that.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #423
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
the difference is after a few hits and you run out of bottle.. your car is now a 500 rwhp car and the D1 guy still has 700 rwhp .. and built motor 700 rwhp????? jesus that pathetic.. the old push rod ls3 cars are making 800 rwhp on Stock motors with an underspun D1.
I was just giving an example of 5.0'a with D1 are making avg. And come on man you are comparing a bigger engine with a little 302. TS just did a boss with a D1 with 15 psi and exhaust and made 770 rwhp.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #424
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
It's just my opinion. And yes I would never pay that much to have a juiced car. Not my style. Your money, your car do whatever you want. I still like it and want a ride. I would never build that.
Agreed x100

In my opinion, the only way juice should be used on a street car is in addition to boost. Cuz like Dave said, when the bottle runs out, it's still a 500rw NA car. Boost is always there.

Now, boost+juice in a street car = bad mofo! (Like Will's V!)
Old 07-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #425
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
That's why I want to be different. I know not too many people would do this. Everyone wants to go SC, turbo, beeeeeeeewwwwsssstytttt!!!!!!!! It's ghey
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #426
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Dave made more than 700 on the stock motor with the blower. It also takes a Mustang an additional 150rw or more to make up for the weight/aero difference. If you start going out to pick fights with blown Vettes you're going to get a rude awakening. lol.

When you get tuned for juice, you should race Vic. Very comparable cars mod for mod.
I don't think David will make the power you think he will make. I hope I'm wrong and he makes the power but I doubt it. Hmm race Vic. Race against a 900 rwhp car that is lighter. Ummmmm yea about that.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #427
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I don't think David will make the power you think he will make. I hope I'm wrong and he makes the power but I doubt it. Hmm race Vic. Race against a 900 rwhp car that is lighter. Ummmmm yea about that.
Huh? I didn't say anything about David. Last I heard he was going back to a stock type blower set up. With the built motor and D1 he could still make good power that will be a fun street car. I'm sure at this point he doesn't care and would just like to have his car back to drive rather than making payments on a car he doesn't get to enjoy at all.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #428
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Ok, I'm out for a bit. I've got to get some studying done. You fuckers have distracted me for way too long. hahah.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #429
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

And what does it matter when I run out of juice if my car is 500 hp again. If I win the race that's all it matters, right? I just tell the guy to turn up his booooost next time.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #430
White_lightning

I was just giving an example of 5.0'a with D1 are making avg. And come on man you are comparing a bigger engine with a little 302. TS just did a boss with a D1 with 15 psi and exhaust and made 770 rwhp.
my car made 760 with timing turned all the way down with the D1 and 13# peak... so clearly the cars can make power... was the boss running a stock motor? if so.. sounds like doing a Blower is the way to go.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #431
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Huh? I didn't say anything about David. Last I heard he was going back to a stock type blower set up. With the built motor and D1 he could still make good power that will be a fun street car. I'm sure at this point he doesn't care and would just like to have his car back to drive rather than making payments on a car he doesn't get to enjoy at all.
Gawd damnit too many Dave's and David's.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #432
Zeek

Vic doesn't make 900 lol. He's low 800s like 820
Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #433
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
my car made 760 with timing turned all the way down with the D1 and 13# peak... so clearly the cars can make power... was the boss running a stock motor? if so.. sounds like doing a Blower is the way to go.
Yes stock motor but a boss is a built stock motor. A stock 5.0 GT won't handle that power.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #434
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
I was told different so my bad.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #435
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
more like 800 FLAT.. that mother fucker can just DRIVE