Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
DarkHorse1350

Default Whiteline Trans Bushing

I wanted to give everyone my feedback/review on Whiteline's new transmission bushing/insert. The thought behind this piece is to fill the voids in the super soft factory trans mount bushing essentially creating a solid trans mount. To date I have the Energy Suspension Shifter Bushing (cheaper option than a Barton bracket) that I was really impressed with and could tell made a positive change in the feel of my shifter. I heard about and decided to install Whiteline's poly insert to further improve transmission rigidity. Boy does it!!

While I can't really tell a difference in shift feel or anything like that, I at least know that my transmission is not moving at all under hard acceleration.

Install:

VERY straight forward, remove 4 bolts holding cross member. Then remove 2 nuts holding trans mount. Once mount is accessible but still on the car insert WL piece from the front of the mount pushing towards the rear of the car. Reinstall the cross member and mount nuts. Total install was about 30 minutes.

Tip, use bushing grease or some type of lube to aid in insertion (that's what she said) other wise you will fight with this thing and not get anywhere.

CJ Pony Parts had a pretty detailed install video on their website (link below) as well as a test drive video afterwards. They mentioned that because you have essentially created a solid mount their will be some additional NVH felt in the cabin of the car, they weren't joking! It's not bad in my opinion but it's not factory quiet either but livable in a DD car.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/whiteline...-302/p/KDT928/

I hope this helps anyone looking to install this on their Mustang and please let me know if you have any questions.

You must be fast cause you were haulin azz when I passed you!!

2007 Mustang GT Black with Gold Racing Stripes"Goldie", 5 Speed, 3.55 Gears, SVE Lowering Springs, JLT CAI, Roush Axle Backs, Bama Tuned! **SOLD**

2013 Mustang GT, Deep Impact Blue, 6 speed, 3.73's, GT500 Axle Backs, JLT Oil Catch Can, Sound Tube Deleted, SR Lowering Springs, J&M Panhard Bar
DarkHorse1350 is offline   Reply With Quote