Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #16
G-Mann

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
I was sort of thinking that, but my ecu likes to lockout quite a bit during loads. I really don't want to be stranded after hours if the battery or "let it sit and cool down" tricks dont work and sct is closed.
I hear ya, I'd be a bit nervous flashing on the side of the road myself. I like to have a battery charger/maintainer on mine when I flash, which is not all that often since my dyno tune. But I do have my mail order tunes 4 life handy as a last resort with a 87, 91 on tap.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #17
DirtyD

OK doesn't carry any 93, only 87-91. Anywhere south of DFW down to Mexico and west of Junction (draw a line straight north) is where 93 because a pain to find

Going east isn't a problem though for 93.

I want to eventually make a road trip in my car out to California, but I don't know what I would do for fuel...probably get an 87 tune for my mods and just call it at that.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #18
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
OK doesn't carry any 93, only 87-91. Anywhere south of DFW down to Mexico and west of Junction (draw a line straight north) is where 93 because a pain to find

Going east isn't a problem though for 93.

I want to eventually make a road trip in my car out to California, but I don't know what I would do for fuel...probably get an 87 tune for my mods and just call it at that.
There are a few station in OKC that carry it. When I can....I get 95 in dallas.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
DirtyD

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
There are a few station in OKC that carry it. When I can....I get 95 in dallas.
Where is Dallas is there 95?

And that's nice to know that OKC has some 93. Doubt I will ever venture that far into OK unless I'm sucked in by the massive suckage that is OK.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Where is Dallas is there 95?

And that's nice to know that OKC has some 93. Doubt I will ever venture that far into OK unless I'm sucked in by the massive suckage that is OK.
You know why its windy in OKlahoma? Because Texas sucks.... Go south on Harry Hines from 635. There will be a shell on the right. 95 at the pump.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #21
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You know why its windy in OKlahoma? Because Texas sucks.... Go south on Harry Hines from 635. There will be a shell on the right. 95 at the pump.
It's windy in OK due to the 10,000 trailer parks and the tornadoes tearing through them. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
It's windy in OK due to the 10,000 trailer parks and the tornadoes tearing through them. lol
Aint that the truth.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #23
JDMLOL

I just thought of something...After reading around on other sites, shouldn't the knock sensors still adjust timing with an aftermarket tune? I read with Lund tunes that the knock sensors would still adjust the car. I mean these cars are able to run 87 and are able to adjust their timing on their own from the factory. I know my current tune is optimized for 93 but I would still think the car would be able to auto adjust, would it not? I'm not planning on trying it "just because" but I would think if all I could find was 91 it would be ok, especially N/A.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #24
DirtyD

I just thought of something...After reading around on other sites, shouldn't the knock sensors still adjust timing with an aftermarket tune? I read with Lund tunes that the knock sensors would still adjust the car. I mean these cars are able to run 87 and are able to adjust their timing on their own from the factory. I know my current tune is optimized for 93 but I would still think the car would be able to auto adjust, would it not? I'm not planning on trying it "just because" but I would think if all I could find was 91 it would be ok, especially N/A.
It will be on razor's edge in doing so. When you get your custom tune, ther timing is set up to run the specific fuel you specify, so that there is hardly any, if at all, work being done by the knock sensors. Everything in the tune is optimized for the car to run on a specific octane. This is why custom tunes unleash so much more power and driveability over the stock tune, that has to handle multiple octane fuels.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #25
FastFordDriver

Yep, I've heard that is true.... and once you realize that Oklahoma was one of the last land masses in the Continental US to be settled then you start wondering... why did everyone bypass Oklahoma to continue west (only circling back when nothing else was left)?

The answer comes when you drive through it.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #26
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by FastFordDriver View Post
Yep, I've heard that is true.... and once you realize that Oklahoma was one of the last land masses in the Continental US to be settled then you start wondering... why did everyone bypass Oklahoma to continue west (only circling back when nothing else was left)?

The answer comes when you drive through it.
Actually the land was supposed to be set aside for NAtive Americans. This was the reason for everyone passing through and not stopping. Oklahoma translated into Choctaw literally means "Red People".
Old 09-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #27
DirtyD

Actually the land was supposed to be set aside for NAtive Americans. This was the reason for everyone passing through and not stopping. Oklahoma translated into Choctaw literally means "Red People".
Now it just translates into "Red Necks"...

Last edited by DirtyD; 09-23-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #28
JDMLOL

Im just wondering if the dealer will put any gas in my car after they diagnose my trans issue. If they do I know it will only be regular unleaded. I took it up there with better than a half tank. I doubt the dealer will put any in it but I just wonder if I should call them and tell them not to put regular if they take it for a long drive...

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #29
re-rx7
Banned

No gas will be added trust me.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #30
DirtyD

Im just wondering if the dealer will put any gas in my car after they diagnose my trans issue. If they do I know it will only be regular unleaded. I took it up there with better than a half tank. I doubt the dealer will put any in it but I just wonder if I should call them and tell them not to put regular if they take it for a long drive...
The only time a dealer will gas up your car is after you buy it. Never again should they put gas in your car for you.