Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
J.Shoot

Default Hey

Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
I have the school bus yellow LS running around. It's a blower car. Nothing crazy just a little tvs
Cool, if we have a time we can make it over after nov. 1st but before RR I'll let you know. We just like to race.... we don't care who it is....

Look forward to meeting you...

J.Shoot
2013 Boss 302 #2602
D1 Procharger
So many mods I can't remember them all.
Built and Tuned by True Street

J.Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
ShortBus

Ni more like a guy sitting taking a shit laughing while on the toilet.
ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
ShortBus

Likewise man, same over here, I just like to run the cars and have fun that's why we all spend so much time on them. Nothing personal over here, you have a real nice car and want to put them side by side.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #4
White_lightning

I wonder.. if Short buss DOES beat the boss.. if there will be a yelling match about about how someone needs to be DQ'ed because they "let out"
LOL...
just sayin...
Old 09-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
ShortBus

Bahahahaha this guy. . Excuses? The only person getting there feathers ruffled is you. Yeah you call me out to roll and I'm the defensive one bc I point out the obvious? That there is a good 100lbs between the 2 of us? I shouldn't hear much out of when about why my car drags your up and down the highway when I ask you to race then? HP difference doesn't matter right? Great logic. Like I said your the only person who has something to lose bc with that weight difference skill doesn't come into play, I'm expected to, but if I do beat you, you will look very foolish. Gi or no Gi? Doesn't matter to me, and yes I'm terrible.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #6
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Awefully sensitive aren't ya? Defensive as fuck. Dude, calm down. If you're already making excuses about weight differences then you must not be very good. I was just bringing some humor to the thread cuz it's getting too serious in here. Fuck.
Bahahahaha this guy. . Excuses? The only person getting there feathers ruffled is you. Yeah you call me out to roll and I'm the defensive one bc I point out the obvious? That there is a good 100lbs between the 2 of us? I shouldn't hear much out of when about why my car drags your up and down the highway when I ask you to race then? HP difference doesn't matter right? Great logic. Like I said your the only person who has something to lose bc with that weight difference skill doesn't come into play, I'm expected to, but if I do beat you, you will look very foolish. Gi or no Gi? Doesn't matter to me, and yes I'm terrible.

knowing you both.. this fued actually makes me Lol.. the same thing would be accomlished if you guys stood infront of a mirror and argued

its like 2 sides to the same coin. and because you are back to back you cant see it..

come down guys..
Old 09-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #7
Grandpa
I> /\/\

What makes you think my feathers are ruffled? Not in the slightest really. You are a friend of Dave's and he told me about you. I was bringing some humor to the thread to change the subject and you took it as a call out. lol.

Forget I said anything about it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Is this post really turning into a weight lifting and BJJ thread now? Fucking fags.
Well, the racing shit is over now. Nothing will most likely come of it as usual. Seems like the only way someone will race around here is if they have every advantage in the world even in a race where he should easily win! lmao.

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
So you are saying.. if you are on your back with a 140 lbs BJJ guy holding you down.. its just as easy to get him off you as it would a 300 lbs BJJ guy holding you down?
With the proper technique and leverage, a smaller man can compete with a much larger one. My coach weighs 190lbs, but he feels like he weighs 500lbs when mounted. Strength/weight only matter when players are on different levels of skill. Technique being even, weight/strength is nullified.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #9
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Well, the racing shit is over now. Nothing will most likely come of it as usual. Seems like the only way someone will race around here is if they have every advantage in the world even in a race where he should easily win! lmao.

With the proper technique and leverage, a smaller man can compete with a much larger one. My coach weighs 190lbs, but he feels like he weighs 500lbs when mounted. Strength/weight only matter when players are on different levels of skill. Technique being even, weight/strength is nullified.
I'll race your POS from a dig, roll, off raiding IDGAF.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #10
yefferys50

Steve you're correct on the first part about proper technique allowing a smaller guy feeling much heavier. I've rolled with 45'ers who ragdolled by big ass.

You're incorrect on the second part. When technique and skill are equal, weight/strength is everything. Case in point would be if say Jeff Glover rolled with Roberto Abreu. Cyborg would take the match 10 out of 10 times. Weight/strength matter less when it's say a 300 pound blue belt vs. a 150 pound brown or black.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #11
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by yefferys50 View Post
Steve you're correct on the first part about proper technique allowing a smaller guy feeling much heavier. I've rolled with 45'ers who ragdolled by big ass.

You're incorrect on the second part. When technique and skill are equal, weight/strength is everything. Case in point would be if say Jeff Glover rolled with Roberto Abreu. Cyborg would take the match 10 out of 10 times. Weight/strength matter less when it's say a 300 pound blue belt vs. a 150 pound brown or black.
We're on the same page, just going about it different ways I think.

As for Glover, I would NEVER count him out against anyone. That dude is insane. You see what he did at the last Metamoris? LMAO, he's awesome! So creative and certainly crazy. Love it!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by yefferys50 View Post

lmao, Steve laughed at me for days after my first BJJ class. I got tapped by a triangle 5 times by a guy that I was 80lbs heavier than and almost twice as strong. I couldn't do a damn thing about it, he was doing what ever he wanted to me. Very humbling experience, it make me work twice as hard to because I don't like to be run over. I don't get to train anymore because of injuries but I would love to do some rolling again one day.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #13
ShortBus

That's the other thing no one is getting serious in here other then you guys. I just said TS sucks and I think Clint is a pos for the way he conducts himself and does business.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #14
ShortBus

Please don't say we're anything alike lol
Old 09-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #15
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Is this post really turning into a weight lifting and BJJ thread now? Fucking fags.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote