Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
4.SLOW

Default Oversized Torx T50 Bit

Does anyone have the Snap-On Torx part needed to lower the gas tank to install an upgraded UCA Bracket? And if so, would you let me borrow it to install mine? I would really rather not have to buy this tool to only be used once.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, wasn't sure where to put this.
4.SLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
rlhay2

I have one. But as I am in Sunnyvale, it would make more sense to purchase one from your local AutoZone than to drive across the metroplex twice to borrow/return it.

I have lots of tools I thought I would only need once. When I needed them that 2nd time, I was certainly glad they were there.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
4.SLOW

Do they sell it at Autozone? What I was told is you must get it from either the Snap-On dealers, or from their website? I really don't like ordering things online, I'd really rather being able to pick it up from somewhere like Autozone.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
BV600

Is this on a 5.0? I didn't have to drop the tank when doing mine.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #5
4.SLOW

No, it's a 2008 4.0, but it's the same part. Did you do the bracket too, or just the control arm? What I've read is you have to.

Apparently a few people have been able to do the bracket without dropping the tank, but it's supposed to be more work. I just don't want to unbolt everything, and then not be able to get it out and have to rebolt it all to wait for the tool to come in or go get it.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #6
rlhay2

On my car the tank had to come down to replace the bracket that holds the UCA. The Torx bit that I used I purchased at AutoZone or it could have been Sears.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #7
4.SLOW

Ok, thanks. I'll check them out and see if I can find it.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
TurboZ

they sell a t50, t55, and t60 all at vatozone

**83 Turbo 280ZX** - Megasquirt 2 v3.0 Stand alone EMS, n42 head swap (8.3:1 cr), n42 intake, 60mm throttle body, z31 watercooled T3, NXS Manual boost controller (12psi) MSD Blaster 2 Coil, Apexi 3" Turboback Exhaust, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Greddy Type-S BOV, DNA Motoring FMIC, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, CX Racing SR20 Radiator, Custom Ram Air Intake, Suspension Techniques Sway Bars, Eibach 2" Pro Lowering Springs, Tokico Blue HP Shocks, Energy Suspension LCA, Subframe, & End link Bushings
TurboZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #9
4.SLOW

If it was a Torx T50, I would not have a problem. I already own a T50 socket. But when Ford did their recall a whole back, they replaced the bolts holding the gas tank straps with a slightly altered T50 bolts. I believe it's called the T50IP? It's slightly larger and has flat ends instead of points on the star pattern. This is all what I've been told, I have not actually gotten under the car to look at it other than to see if I had Torx or regular hex bolts.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #10
Darkhelmet22

If you lift the car by the body and let the suspension uncompressed there is enough room the get it out without dropping the gas tank. It just take some muscle to line the diff back in the arm after.

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #11
4.SLOW

I don't think I'll have a problem muscling anything back into place! But seriously, between me and my dad, we own 3 floor jacks and 4 jack stands, so I'm sure I could find a way to get everything in place. I was more worried about actually getting the bracket itself out. But if you say it's fairly easy, I may just go for it.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2014, 11:36 PM   #12
Darkhelmet22

Originally Posted by 4.SLOW View Post
I don't think I'll have a problem muscling anything back into place! But seriously, between me and my dad, we own 3 floor jacks and 4 jack stands, so I'm sure I could find a way to get everything in place. I was more worried about actually getting the bracket itself out. But if you say it's fairly easy, I may just go for it.

Thanks
I pulled mount and uca out as one piece without dropping tank.

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote