Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #16
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Tsk, tsk.

It was just a side idea to bring both sides of the metroplex together to fix your complaint about Dallas side not making it over there. Wasn't trying to intrude on your idea. Not like I've had any success building up a meet or anything. Carry on with your idea that 6 cars will show up to.. lol
We've tried Grapevine already. It fell through pretty hard because Dallas folks complained about the drive and stopped coming.

Dude I am about at the limit with your crap. I don't need your negative opinions on how this should be done. You are trying to completely side track this meeting's time and location.

I'd be open to your opinion if 1 you were coming to this meet and 2 if your suggestion was reasonable. This was something designed for the local FTW people and anybody else willing to drive this way, since nobody budges for us.

I am plenty for your idea for a monthly meet as well closer to the middle of the metroplex if you want to start something like that, instead of bringing this one down.

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Grapevine is good spot as well.

-Alex
Trust me I was all for Grapevine when that was happening until it started migrating back east further and further, then there was nothing. The closest meet to us FTW guys now is somewhere in Carrollton which is about a 35+ mile hike one way.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #17
Bacadiesel

How do you make sure other cars don't park in out spot? Cuz everytime I go by there it's always packed
Bacadiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #18
Bacadiesel

Yea Alex come by the shop and we can roll out there together
Bacadiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #19
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by Darkhelmet22 View Post

Also I think we may have 8-9 cars show up. ;-) lol
From the people interested so far on the FB page it does seem we have a good starting number. So far so good

Old 01-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #20
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Trust me I was all for Grapevine when that was happening until it started migrating back east further and further, then there was nothing. The closest meet to us FTW guys now is somewhere in Carrollton which is about a 35+ mile hike one way.
Ah okay gotcha, I wasn't aware of that. Kudos on the restaurant choice as well. Love BJs!

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #21
Dan12GT

I may swing by today and gauge the parking situation just to see what we may be able to pull off.

It make take a meet or two to iron out some bugs but so long as we got some interested people in wanting to meet up i'd say that is a solid start for sure.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #22
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Bacadiesel View Post
Yea Alex come by the shop and we can roll out there together
Appreciate it man, I'll keep that in mind!

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #23
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Ah okay gotcha, I wasn't aware of that. Kudos on the restaurant choice as well. Love BJs!

-Alex
I love their pizza!

Old 01-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #24
DirtyD

Actually, more Dallas folk showed up to the grapevine meet than FW people did. That's why they got tired of driving that far for just a Dallas meet.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #25
Darkhelmet22

This meet will be very solid. The comments I got from people on Facebook is why I put the post up on Facebook asking to start this meet.

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #26
Boss949

Default Fort Worth Meet (BJs), Bringing the 'F' to d-F-w-50s

Check out SoCal. Great food, but I think the parking may be limited. I could be wrong, but it seems like a small area if a lot of cars show up. Good location though . I think the BJ's location is great. Easy to get to and plenty of room and great food. +1 Darkhelmet!
Edit: I drove by Socal. Plenty of parking. FYI for future
2013 Boss 302 PW, Recaro, Torsen, AED tune, Airaid CAI, MGW, Hotchkis Springs/LCA, Whiteline Relo, CHE K Member w/Torque Limiters, Griggs Torque Arm Kit, T/A rear girdle, Kenny Brown Pan Hard Bar, Whiteline Tranny Bushing, JPC Linelock, JPC stainless clutch line, MT ET Street Radials (when needed), , 2013 GT500 Quad Axle Backs, Kooks LT 1 3/4, O/R X Pipe, Resonator Delete, JPC Line Lock,JPC Clutch Line.

Last edited by Boss949; 01-25-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Boss949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #27
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Actually, more Dallas folk showed up to the grapevine meet than FW people did. That's why they got tired of driving that far for just a Dallas meet.
You may be right I feel it was more of a 50/50 group at its prime, but I think a lot of it also had to do with the effort involved on how it was coordinated.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #28
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Darkhelmet22 View Post
This.

Also I think we may have 8-9 cars show up. ;-) lol

Haha!
Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
We've tried Grapevine already. It fell through pretty hard because Dallas folks complained about the drive and stopped coming.

Dude I am about at the limit with your crap. I don't need your negative opinions on how this should be done. You are trying to completely side track this meeting's time and location.

I'd be open to your opinion if 1 you were coming to this meet and 2 if your suggestion was reasonable. This was something designed for the local FTW people and anybody else willing to drive this way, since nobody budges for us.

I am plenty for your idea for a monthly meet as well closer to the middle of the metroplex if you want to start something like that, instead of bringing this one down.

I'm not trying to side track anything. Was just offering to help out to bring both sides together. You can drop the attitude at any time.

Another side note- thought you were selling your car?

Originally Posted by Bacadiesel View Post
How do you make sure other cars don't park in out spot? Cuz everytime I go by there it's always packed
In the past, large mass chain restaraunts are very hard to organize a meet at because there is no way to control the lot. You can try to make arrangements with a manager for food/drink specials and they will sometimes even reserve an area of parking but you will need a large turnout guarantee for them to do that.

The alternatives to that are finding a side parking lot to the location, or going in off hours not near a lunch/dinner rush. Traditionally though, meets at large chain locations don't work due to how busy they are and management not wanting the liability and the ability to turn tables/parking locations and they can't do that with car guys camped out in their parking spots for so long.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #29
Courtesy Flush

In the past, large mass chain restaraunts are very hard to organize a meet at because there is no way to control the lot. You can try to make arrangements with a manager for food/drink specials and they will sometimes even reserve an area of parking but you will need a large turnout guarantee for them to do that.

The alternatives to that are finding a side parking lot to the location, or going in off hours not near a lunch/dinner rush. Traditionally though, meets at large chain locations don't work due to how busy they are and management not wanting the liability and the ability to turn tables/parking locations and they can't do that with car guys camped out in their parking spots for so long.
I think there are ways around that if the car group goes inside for beers/food etc..
Bj's is a good enough restaurant that im sure no one would be opposed to retreat inside.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #30
Dan12GT

Haha!

I'm not trying to side track anything. Was just offering to help out to bring both sides together. You can drop the attitude at any time.

Another side note- thought you were selling your car?

Not sure where you got the idea I was selling my car. I never once mentioned that and I never talk to you or see you.

However, thank you for your input on the restaurant idea. Input like this I welcome.

This area however is pretty large and has shops / parking available in abundance. This is why we tossed around the idea on the FB page. Also like I mentioned guys we can change this up how we see fit. If we are taking up too much space we can move off site a bit more, like I mentioned.

I didn't plan on asking the restaurant to reserve tables. The intent is to become a meeting spot for us and we can enter the restaurant if people desire.

Again I don't plan on this being a huge mass meet like Coit but something more concise to meet each other in the group.