Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #31
5PointSlow

We need vids of the new exhaust jay!

Now that I have my fueling sorted out for a while my next mods will be suspension and exterior. I want to go tokico d specs, new LCAs and UCA, maybe new springs. I want the car set up more so for autox and handling than straight line performance.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #32
pohnjarker

i want a setup for straight line peformance...what do i need?

I currently have BMR LCA/relocation bracket, UCA/heavy duty bracket, and Che adjustable panhard bar.

the Che will be replaced when i go with a whiteline watts link and i'll check out Vorshlag's CC plate.

all i think of is shocks/struts and springs or coilovers and a bumpsteer kit. what would be best for straight line performance?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #33
Midnight11
El Presidente

koni struts and steeda sport springs

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #34
jayman33

Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post
i want a setup for straight line peformance...what do i need?

I currently have BMR LCA/relocation bracket, UCA/heavy duty bracket, and Che adjustable panhard bar.

the Che will be replaced when i go with a whiteline watts link and i'll check out Vorshlag's CC plate.

all i think of is shocks/struts and springs or coilovers and a bumpsteer kit. what would be best for straight line performance?
Just out of curiousity, if you want straight line performance why go with the watts link or are you looking for a combination of straight, street and potentially road course performance?
Koni's are a great shock/ strut combo and having them paired with either, BMR, Hotchkis or steeda. Check out ground control's cc plates with the Vorshlag's they're both very well designed pieces.

Let me know if I can help put something together for ya.

www.hypermotiveperformance.com
734-306-5231
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #35
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Fair View Post
Howdy everyone - just found out about this forum today. Since I own a suspension shop here in DFW I figured I would post up in this thread.

I don't know much about the whole stance thing, and we don't sell Chinese coilovers, but I do know how to make an S197 Mustang handle on track or in an autocross, and still ride well on the street.

Come to think of it... I'm pretty sure we have the quickest road course or autocross S197 Mustang in all of Texas at the moment? I could be wrong - if there is a properly sorted AIX S197 in Texas I suspect it should be faster. My 2011 GT puts 3+ seconds a lap on the fastest American Iron racers, and it isn't a gutted, no-compromises race car - it is a street car that is emissions legal, has A/C, and is anything but light (3750 with driver). My wife daily drives it to work, but for race weekends we bolt on race wheels/tires and rear aero and race it in autocross or NASA Time Trials, among other events (Optima Challenge, Global Time Attack, TX2K, etc).

Vorshlag has a shop in Plano and we do some service and fabrication work on various late model chassis, including the S197 Mustang. We make our own camber/caster plates, plus we sell and stock Whiteline bushings/control arms/swaybars/watts, Powerflex bushings, Energy Suspension bushings, and AST and Moton coilovers. We made our own lightweight 18x10" wheels for the S197 and can order custom wheels from Forgestar up to 18x12" wide (which is what we use on our 2011 GT).

Come out to the Five Star Ford track event November 17th at Eagles Canyon Raceway (sign up here) and see for yourself. I'm pretty sure they will let us take riders, and if so, the right seat will be available all day.
Welcome Terry, Glad you guys made it over here

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #36
pohnjarker

Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Just out of curiousity, if you want straight line performance why go with the watts link or are you looking for a combination of straight, street and potentially road course performance?
Koni's are a great shock/ strut combo and having them paired with either, BMR, Hotchkis or steeda. Check out ground control's cc plates with the Vorshlag's they're both very well designed pieces.

Let me know if I can help put something together for ya.
I want something i can run at the track on occasion, but ill mainly be running around on the streets so im wanting all around performance. I doubt i'll do any road racing but im not ruling it out.

Last edited by pohnjarker; 11-11-2012 at 04:42 AM.
pohnjarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #37
jayman33

For your goals I think the watts link is unecessary but if you want to get one I highly suggest Whiteline's. I really like the Koni yellows and what they offer for adjustment and performance. I really like the Vorshlag CC plates as well as Ground Control's both are pretty damn nice.

734-306-5231
Old 11-17-2012, 04:21 AM   #38
pohnjarker

yea, i hear ya...the good thing about goals is they are always changing.

i have been looking at the Koni yellows with some eibach or steeda sports, not sure yet.

i'll be out here for another year total so i have plenty of time to save up and build something nice piece by piece.

ETA: apparently my work internet blocks your website for no apparent reason. i'll have to check it out when i get home.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #39
Luke

i have been looking at the Koni yellows with some eibach or steeda sports, not sure yet.

i'll be out here for another year total so i have plenty of time to save up and build something nice piece by piece.

ETA: apparently my work internet blocks your website for no apparent reason. i'll have to check it out when i get home.
I'm not too far away (Taji, Iraq) and in similar situation, plenty of time to pick out the right parts.

I noticed all the love for the tokico and koni's, is the old stuff like strange and qa1 just junk now or what? I know the strange adjustables are pretty cheap, just haven't seen many reviews on 11+ cars.

Last edited by Luke; 11-20-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #40
jpgraham65

Just installed koni str.ts and steeda sports with gt500 mounts and camber bolts on my 2012 Brembo GT. Wheel hop is completely gone, car feels much more planted upon acceleration and through turns. Ride is a bit stiffer, but I love the look.
jpgraham65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #41
jayman33

Yeah, its a relatively new site so I'm surprised its blocked. It does say shop. when going into the store so thats probably why. If you need anything or want prices just send me a pm and I'll hook my military brother up.

734-306-5231