Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
Taxman

$10 to park in the spectator lot. $20 to park in the pits.

Vortech V3, forged internals, FRPP 3:73 gears, MAC LT's w/ Prochamber, FRPP K Springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP Intake maniforld FRPP 62mm Throttle body, and lots of showy stuff that doesn't make it any faster.

Tuned by True Street Motorsports 523 rwhp and 444 ftlbs torque.
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #17
BeastStang1302

Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
I'll be down there with a few friends from DFWMCC. We went last year, and no it's not what it was, but hell what is? It was still a good time.
Exactly what I was saying. Think my perspective of the event is different then Steve, Jeff, etc because I didn't attend the event when it was at its prime. So to me the events are pretty good from what I've seen when i first started attending.

What time are you and your group heading that way tomorrow?
    • BMR Panhard Bar
    • Cobra Jet Drag Springs
    • Roush Chin and side skirts
BeastStang1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #18
BeastStang1302

Originally Posted by moostang09 View Post
How much does it cost to go spectate?

What happen to the ecoboost challenge lol?
    • BMR Panhard Bar
    • Cobra Jet Drag Springs
Old 09-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #19
Taxman

Originally Posted by BeastStang1302 View Post
Exactly what I was saying. Think my perspective of the event is different then Steve, Jeff, etc because I didn't attend the event when it was at its prime. So to me the events are pretty good from what I've seen when i first started attending.

What time are you and your group heading that way tomorrow?
I'm meeting a friend in Corinth around 8 and headed down there. Some of my friends are going to be there in Ennis at 8. I'm not that excited about getting there early.

Vortech V3, forged internals, FRPP 3:73 gears, MAC LT's w/ Prochamber, FRPP K Springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP Intake maniforld FRPP 62mm Throttle body, and lots of showy stuff that doesn't make it any faster.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #20
BeastStang1302

I'm meeting a friend in Corinth around 8 and headed down there. Some of my friends are going to be there in Ennis at 8. I'm not that excited about getting there early.
Yea, that's way to early for me lol. I'll probably get there round 10. Guess I'll see you around there. I'll be around wit Brent or Noah from Precision Mustang.
    • BMR Panhard Bar
    • Cobra Jet Drag Springs
Old 09-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #21
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I was reading on another board it was worse than ever this year. They say there were no vendors and one car showed for the 5.0 shoot out. Sounds to me like this just needs die for good.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #22
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I was reading on another board it was worse than ever this year. They say there were no vendors and one car showed for the 5.0 shoot out. Sounds to me like this just needs die for good.
yeah heard it was terrible. if ford doesnt support it, then why should we?
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #23
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Told y'all it was shitty now.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #24
Taxman

It was the worst ever. It was good meeting you Nick, but other than hanging out with my friends, this was a shitty event. I won't go back next year.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #25
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I tried to tell ya'll. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #26
BeastStang1302

It was the worst ever. It was good meeting you Nick, but other than hanging out with my friends, this was a shitty event. I won't go back next year.
Good meeting n talking to u too. Yea it was pretty sad that ford racing didn't even come out to support. Believe the girl at gate booth knew it too. most people got in for free or a discount.
    • BMR Panhard Bar
    • Cobra Jet Drag Springs
Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #27
Kosovobandit

I just dont get some people. I know that the event wasnt what it use to be, but to everyone who says that it is not that. YOU are part of the problem not the solution. If you would work to make it a better event vendors would come back, prize money could possibly go up, categories would come back, and overall attendace would go up. Instead you sit on your computer complaining about it. What did I do. I went and ran winning a class with the help of great friends and fellow racers.

Last edited by Kosovobandit; 09-09-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Kosovobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #28
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Kosovobandit View Post
I just dont get some people. I know that the event wasnt what it use to be, but to everyone who says that it is not that. YOU are part of the problem not the solution. If you would work to make it a better event vendors would come back, prize money could possibly go up, categories would come back, and overall attendace would go up. Instead you sit on your computer complaining about it. What did I do. I went and ran winning a class with the help of great friends and fellow racers.
From my understanding, the event has been on the heavy decline over the last 4 years or so, not because of community support, but support from vendors and what not. Hell, TMP may not even be pushing it as hard as they once did. It wasn't even listed on their events list on their website. So there is one problem. Unless you knew about it through other people, how were you supposed to know? I saw no advertising on forums, radio, TV, or anything. Just word of mouth.

Ford is pulling themselves out of all NHRA sponsorships, so why should they still sponsor/vendor a small race series at TMP?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #29
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Kosovobandit View Post
I just dont get some people. I know that the event wasnt what it use to be, but to everyone who says that it is not that. YOU are part of the problem not the solution. If you would work to make it a better event vendors would come back, prize money could possibly go up, categories would come back, and overall attendace would go up. Instead you sit on your computer complaining about it. What did I do. I went and ran winning a class.

I understand where you are coming from and somewhat agree, but the failure of FFW lies soley on the people who miserably attempt organize it.

FFW has been very poorly run for a very long time. They do very little marketing or advertising for it. Most people you talk to right now don't even know it was still happening the last couple of years.

Just about anyone you talk to you with about FFW will tell you that it was too expensive, very poorly run with very little structure and they always hold it in the intense heat of the summer.

When planning an event, an organizer must do everything they can for the best chances for successful event. If you look at what they do, or more importantly what they DON'T do, it seems they are preparing to fail and get what they prepare for.

I bet you for the upcoming Camaro vs Mustang event, there will be a great turnout even with Mustangfest being the same weekend because the organizers are making sure that people are aware of the event and making it affordable in the month of October when it's a bit cooler out.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #30
03MachMe

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I understand where you are coming from and somewhat agree, but the failure of FFW lies soley on the people who miserably attempt organize it.

FFW has been very poorly run for a very long time. They do very little marketing or advertising for it. Most people you talk to right now don't even know it was still happening the last couple of years.

Just about anyone you talk to you with about FFW will tell you that it was too expensive, very poorly run with very little structure and they always hold it in the intense heat of the summer.

When planning an event, an organizer must do everything they can for the best chances for successful event. If you look at what they do, or more importantly what they DON'T do, it seems they are preparing to fail and get what they prepare for.

I bet you for the upcoming Camaro vs Mustang event, there will be a great turnout even with Mustangfest being the same weekend because the organizers are making sure that people are aware of the event and making it affordable in the month of October when it's a bit cooler out.
yep because we know these 5.0s dont run when its too hot out, right Steve

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote