Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #31
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Slow Five-O View Post
post up how it goes! what don't you like about the relocation brackets so faR?
I will. They make the rear of the car feel kinda squirrely.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #32
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I will. They make the rear of the car feel kinda squirrely.
I read on SVTP about some people having some serious issues with those after some miles. Putting the rear axle out of place and tearing metal. I will see if I can find you a link.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #33
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I read on SVTP about some people having some serious issues with those after some miles. Putting the rear axle out of place and tearing metal. I will see if I can find you a link.
That's NOOOO bueno.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #34
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Default DFW Mustang Spring Cruise

I took mine off too. Rode like shit.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #35
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
I took mine off too. Rode like shit.
I didnt notice any wheel hop with your car either. Just spins like crazy.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #36
46Tbird

I think the ripping apart was an issue with the earlier design. They only mounted using two holes and there is a lot of leverage working against them. The ones I have are mounted using three holes so I'm not terribly concerned with tearing up the bracket.

But yes, I do have an issue with the axle position as well. The passenger-side wheel is about 3/8" too far back (107" wheelbase on the driver side, and 107 3/8" on the pass side). The BMR tech guy told me to loosen everything up and see if it's just an issue with compounding tolerances, and I think it might be. Still a little unnerving especially with how funny the car feels at speed.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ird/IMG496.jpg
Old 05-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #37
Luke

I read about this too, I think this is the link...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ket-users.html
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #38
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I think the ripping apart was an issue with the earlier design. They only mounted using two holes and there is a lot of leverage working against them. The ones I have are mounted using three holes so I'm not terribly concerned with tearing up the bracket.

But yes, I do have an issue with the axle position as well. The passenger-side wheel is about 3/8" too far back (107" wheelbase on the driver side, and 107 3/8" on the pass side). The BMR tech guy told me to loosen everything up and see if it's just an issue with compounding tolerances, and I think it might be. Still a little unnerving especially with how funny the car feels at speed.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ird/IMG496.jpg
I don't like the looks of that....
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #39
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

I didnt notice any wheel hop with your car either. Just spins like crazy.
I'm sure the watts link is helping with that.
If you look at the angle of my LCAs you would think I would have major wheel hop.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #40
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I read about this too, I think this is the link...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ket-users.html
Nice. The shift in my axle's location was noticed before I ever drove on it with the brackets in place. As soon as it was back on the ground, actually.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #41
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by moostang09 View Post
Bc 1/8th mile? Or other reasons?
1/8 mile is ok, I used to hate it but for this type of event it is fun enough (or class racing like 275 or 7.0 class etc) but this track in general is a shit hole, usually tons of thugs there, and there is no where to go around the water, so after a while the track is slick as shit due to all the street tires dragging water down the track... Also the track is VERY narrow, not much room to wag the ass end around for fear of ending up on the guardrail.

The cheese burgers are damn good though.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #42
46Tbird

It's at 10am on a Sunday, there won't be any thugs there except the DFWM people. Unless you count the grandpas dialing in their bracket cars.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #43
46Tbird

I couldn't stand that goofy cocked-up wheel, so I spent some time messing with it. Plain and simple, that BMR bracket is cut wrong. The topmost hole is out of alignment by about 1/4". So I removed the 14mm bolt it came with, and substituted a Grade 8 3/8" bolt in the hole. I didn't mind since the bracket is located with the other bolts and uses this one for shear strength.

But I just couldn't get the 20s to bite any harder with the relo brackets than without. If I walked it out of the hole like always, it would get a shitty high 1.8 60' and run what it always runs. If I tried to hit it any harder out of the hole it was spin city and an aborted run. I was really hoping to get a 7.8 or even squeak out a 7.7 if it really hooked but it wasn't meant to be. The relo brackets seem to be a waste of time for my car with 20s so they're coming off until I get better tire on it.

Steve will be proud of my consistency

Still had a lot of fun out there though. Weather was perfect, but the DA climbed from ~500 to 1000 feet throughout the day. Several of the badass local 5.xx cars came out to run and they made some great passes. All us cheezdicks in our radial cars just screwed up the track for them.

Shout out to Robert (aka moor3r). Dude went 8.50 his first time out to the track, on 20" street tires and Sportlines no less. I think he's addicted.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:34 AM   #44
Emwun Garand

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Shit I'm not freezing my ass off. Plus my car is getting the final tune Saturday I hope.
How'd that work out for you?

Last edited by Emwun Garand; 05-06-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Emwun Garand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #45
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Emwun Garand View Post
I love pnuses in my mouth.

Dew wat?
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote