Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
unreal

Sounds great. Track here is normally run from 11-2 at night and if you are lucky you get 3 runs. Most of the time you get 1-2 runs.
unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #17
Luke

For those of you that have been, is this worth it considering it costs more and Northstar is right down the road?
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #18
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
For those of you that have been, is this worth it considering it costs more and Northstar is right down the road?
There is a car show you can be a part of, you get to make a lap around the track between warmups and the actual races starting, and they also have a points series, so you can eventually win a trophy and I think a small goodie bag of sorts. I think so. Lots of people come out.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #19
Courtesy Flush

Been several times for the past couple years.

Its armdrop style racing on an unprepped surface for $20.
Practice is from 6-8pm
Once the event starts at 8:30 everyone is grouped up according to modifications and vehicle style from tuner to outlaw.
If you jump you are disqualified.
If you lose a race you can buy back in for $10
If you lose the following race thereafter you cant race any longer.

Ive made it to the semi finals and ive lost the first race in the sportman division. Traction is a problem. Thinking you're gonna run a radial or a slick? Think again. The officials will bump you in a higher division for just tire. My experience is most of the GM guys are not truthful about their mods in order to gain the upper hand.

Ive gotten lots of video and pics from the past few years, but to avail at the moment.
60% of the cars on this site with be grouped in the sportman division and heres the typical competition for those interested. A few of these vettes can 60' on street tires and do so consistently.

Last edited by Courtesy Flush; 01-24-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #20
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Been several times for the past couple years.

Its armdrop style racing on an unprepped surface for $20.
Practice is from 6-8pm
Once the event starts at 8:30 everyone is grouped up according to modifications and vehicle style from tuner to outlaw.
If you jump you are disqualified.
If you lose a race you can buy back in for $10
If you lose the following race thereafter you cant race any longer.

Ive made it to the semi finals and ive lost the first race in the sportman division. Traction is a problem. Thinking you're gonna run a radial or a slick? Think again. The officials will bump you in a higher division for just tire. My experience is most of the GM guys are not truthful about their mods in order to gain the upper hand.

Ive gotten lots of video and pics from the past few years, but to avail at the moment.
60% of the cars on this site with be grouped in the sportman division and heres the typical competition for those interested. A few of these vettes can 60' on street tires and do so consistently.

That's why you get as many practice runs as you can if you know you will eliminated quickly. LOL
Old 01-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #21
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
That's why you get as many practice runs as you can if you know you will eliminated quickly. LOL
Very True. I like the competition, but sometimes the cheaters out there ruin the fun for others.

For example. White SS camaro that won the Sportman last year.
As you know sportsman is pretty basic bolt on NA 8 cylinder class.
Ran him many times and he always had this edge on me in the higher rpms.
Said his car was tune, exhaust, intake.....
This dude was embarrassing same year camaros with the same mods.
Found a thread from earlier that year outlining an ADM Performance built motor that was put in that car.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #22
DirtyD

Very True. I like the competition, but sometimes the cheaters out there ruin the fun for others.

For example. White SS camaro that won the Sportman last year.
As you know sportsman is pretty basic bolt on NA 8 cylinder class.
Ran him many times and he always had this edge on me in the higher rpms.
Said his car was tune, exhaust, intake.....
This dude was embarrassing same year camaros with the same mods.
Found a thread from earlier that year outlining an ADM Performance built motor that was put in that car.
That's crap. I know there isn't really a way to control that type of stuff, but I wish there was. I think the only way to do that would be to time bracket, but that would require them to start timing...
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #23
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
That's crap. I know there isn't really a way to control that type of stuff, but I wish there was. I think the only way to do that would be to time bracket, but that would require them to start timing...
The tech inspection is pretty lousy, they just check to make sure you're not leaking fluids. They never pop the hood and just take your word for it so guys take advantage.
Ive met some good people out there and some shitbirds. Overall with a good group of people from a forum going, an event like this can be fun.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #24
DirtyD

The tech inspection is pretty lousy, they just check to make sure you're not leaking fluids. They never pop the hood and just take your word for it so guys take advantage.
Ive met some good people out there and some shitbirds. Overall with a good group of people from a forum going, an event like this can be fun.
If we get a big number of DFW5.0 members to come out, it might turn out to be fun. Lots of people will be gunning for us though. Maybe we can somehow pass Jeff off as still stock after his motor gets finished...the cams aren't too lopey I heard.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #25
Grandpa
I> /\/\

We could also talk to the them about giving us our own grudge class to race eachother if we get enough members to go.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #26
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
We could also talk to the them about giving us our own grudge class to race eachother if we get enough members to go.
I was thinking an announcement of the forum followed by 3-5 laps around the track by forum members.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #27
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I was thinking an announcement of the forum followed by 3-5 laps around the track by forum members.
LOL..not sure if serious...

I figured we'd have a group go to Texas Laps For Charity, but that isn't until September.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #28
DirtyD

Hey, I'm down.

I figured we'd have a group go to Texas Laps For Charity, but that isn't until September.
LOL. David would be all over that. Why? Because race car!

I'm sure slow6 will want to go back out there and want to rape from Camaros and 5.0s.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #29
Courtesy Flush

lol i joke, but seriously ive seen North Texas Mustang Club do it at the events so why couldnt another group?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #30
03MachMe

Was wanting to do that. Did it 3 times in the mach but want to do it in the '13

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote