Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
DarkHorse1350

Default Whiteline Trans Bushing

I wanted to give everyone my feedback/review on Whiteline's new transmission bushing/insert. The thought behind this piece is to fill the voids in the super soft factory trans mount bushing essentially creating a solid trans mount. To date I have the Energy Suspension Shifter Bushing (cheaper option than a Barton bracket) that I was really impressed with and could tell made a positive change in the feel of my shifter. I heard about and decided to install Whiteline's poly insert to further improve transmission rigidity. Boy does it!!

While I can't really tell a difference in shift feel or anything like that, I at least know that my transmission is not moving at all under hard acceleration.

Install:

VERY straight forward, remove 4 bolts holding cross member. Then remove 2 nuts holding trans mount. Once mount is accessible but still on the car insert WL piece from the front of the mount pushing towards the rear of the car. Reinstall the cross member and mount nuts. Total install was about 30 minutes.

Tip, use bushing grease or some type of lube to aid in insertion (that's what she said) other wise you will fight with this thing and not get anywhere.

CJ Pony Parts had a pretty detailed install video on their website (link below) as well as a test drive video afterwards. They mentioned that because you have essentially created a solid mount their will be some additional NVH felt in the cabin of the car, they weren't joking! It's not bad in my opinion but it's not factory quiet either but livable in a DD car.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/whiteline...-302/p/KDT928/

I hope this helps anyone looking to install this on their Mustang and please let me know if you have any questions.

You must be fast cause you were haulin azz when I passed you!!

2007 Mustang GT Black with Gold Racing Stripes"Goldie", 5 Speed, 3.55 Gears, SVE Lowering Springs, JLT CAI, Roush Axle Backs, Bama Tuned! **SOLD**

2013 Mustang GT, Deep Impact Blue, 6 speed, 3.73's, GT500 Axle Backs, JLT Oil Catch Can, Sound Tube Deleted, SR Lowering Springs, J&M Panhard Bar
DarkHorse1350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Bacadiesel

The nvh is pretty harsh. The floor board shakes so much
Bacadiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
BERT
I love tube socks

Thanks for the write up
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
Red Devil

Does any one know y a few folks are cutting the center out, does it help with the nvh?
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #5
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Does any one know y a few folks are cutting the center out, does it help with the nvh?
Relieves all, if not most of the floor vibrations while still allowing for the bushing to become more rigid, but leaves some air gaps to absorb vibration.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
DarkHorse1350

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Relieves all, if not most of the floor vibrations while still allowing for the bushing to become more rigid, but leaves some air gaps to absorb vibration.
Wouldn't that make the insert useless? Just wondering if you still get the benefit but lose the NVH or would you be wasting your time by installing the modified insert.

Dirty D do you have the modified insert on your car?

2007 Mustang GT Black with Gold Racing Stripes"Goldie", 5 Speed, 3.55 Gears, SVE Lowering Springs, JLT CAI, Roush Axle Backs, Bama Tuned! **SOLD**

2013 Mustang GT, Deep Impact Blue, 6 speed, 3.73's, GT500 Axle Backs, JLT Oil Catch Can, Sound Tube Deleted, SR Lowering Springs, J&M Panhard Bar
Old 11-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
toomnymods

Me and bacadiesel had to modify mine this weekend. The NVH was so loud and was shaking the floor of the car like i had 6 15" subwoofers in the car.
But mine probably was more amplified because i pretty much have all poly bushings on the rear of my car plus a one piece driveshaft plus the mgw shifter.
Modifying the insert got rid of atleast 75-85% of the added NVH and is tolerable now. Shifting is still very precise

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
DirtyD

Originally Posted by DarkHorse1350 View Post
Wouldn't that make the insert useless? Just wondering if you still get the benefit but lose the NVH or would you be wasting your time by installing the modified insert.

Dirty D do you have the modified insert on your car?
I haven't installed mine yet. Was going to this weekend, but the fog light wiring took longer than expected.

The main added benefit to this bushing is that is strengthens the trans cross member from lateral deflection under high G cornering as well as torsional deflection under heavy acceleration. By cutting out the center section, you will leave the left and right parts of the bushing to to resist lateral deflection, so it retained what it was meant to do. I think the middle section was there as redundancy, but that's my opinion, so take it fwiw.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
DarkHorse1350

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I haven't installed mine yet. Was going to this weekend, but the fog light wiring took longer than expected.

The main added benefit to this bushing is that is strengthens the trans cross member from lateral deflection under high G cornering as well as torsional deflection under heavy acceleration. By cutting out the center section, you will leave the left and right parts of the bushing to to resist lateral deflection, so it retained what it was meant to do. I think the middle section was there as redundancy, but that's my opinion, so take it fwiw.
I think you sold me on this idea, i might try modifying it this long weekend. If I don't like it I'm only out $31 so WTH right?

Old 11-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by DarkHorse1350 View Post
I think you sold me on this idea, i might try modifying it this long weekend. If I don't like it I'm only out $31 so WTH right?

Let us know how big of a difference that makes. I'm interested in this.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #11
Courtesy Flush

One of the reasons i got rid of my manual car is this very conversation.

All these remedies to make shifting more precise and once part is received, modifying of said part is needed.

It will never end.

I just swallowed my pride and went auto, couldnt be happier with the 6r80.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote