Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #61
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
I missed it. St.Paddys is more important.
Made up holiday for drunks.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #62
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It's a blast. The country cruises are so much more fun than drag racing. Nothing like a beautiful day and some backroads twisties fun!

I've got a whole route mapped out complete with directions for everyone. It's over 100 miles of cruising through fun hills, twists and turns. It can be done as slow or fast as the drivers skill set allows.

I've done this before with another group and we usually divided it up between the "cruisers" and the "fast" group. The cruisers group is usually made up of the people who just want to take their time and enjoy the drive, or people who don't really have a fast car, or have their kids along etc.

The fast group is for the driver who wants to challenge themselves with the turns. There are stretches of this route where very high speeds are very achieveable.

It's a route between McKinney and Sherman. Starts at TrueStreet Motorsports and then ends right off of 75 in Sherman where we stop for lunch. After lunch, drivers can elect to jump on 75 south to take a straight shot home, or turn around and go do the route again in reverse order.
Damn I think that's two tanks of gas for my beater, hopefully with the new tune she will get better mileage.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #63
GrabberMatt

I'd love to go on a cruise - that's much better than standing around in the parking lot. I went last night and I met a few guys that were friendly in talkng about their cars, but for the most part, mehh..

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0
GrabberMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #64
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by GrabberMatt View Post
I'd love to go on a cruise - that's much better than standing around in the parking lot. I went last night and I met a few guys that were friendly in talkng about their cars, but for the most part, mehh..
i thought i saw your car. should have came over...

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #65
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Damn I think that's two tanks of gas for my beater, hopefully with the new tune she will get better mileage.
You will enjoy the cruise a lot in your vert. It's a lot of fun and we've got perfect temps right now for it.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #66
Pepperinyoureye

Missed this meet too. I'd definitely be down for a spirited cruise soon.
Pepperinyoureye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #67
Bearded Banger

Default Saturday night - March 16th - Frisco In-N-Out

Wanted to make it, but St. Paddy wouldn't let me.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #68
STROKD
Old School

Went to the driving range and dinner with an old friend instead. Didnt want to feel out of place in a parking lot full of Fords.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #69
GrabberMatt

You woulda been alright, my friend brought his GTO and coulda used some GM backup

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0
GrabberMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #70
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Went to the driving range and dinner with an old friend instead. Didnt want to feel out of place in a parking lot full of Fords.
You should go play an actual course so that when you spend all that time in the sandtraps you would have a good exuse for all that sand in your vagina.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #71
STROKD
Old School

You should go play an actual course so that when you spend all that time in the sandtraps you would have a good exuse for all that sand in your vagina.
I havent played often (been 5 years since I swung a club at Top Golf), but Id say Ive been in maybe 10 traps in my life, and that's only because I hit the ball too far and didnt know they were there.

My problem is pitching it a short distance, I either hit it too soft and it goes 20 feet or too hard and it flies over the green. That is the main thing I am working on currently.

Btw I played Iron Horse last Friday and yesterday... so I guess I dont have any sand excuses.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #72
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
My problem is pitching it a short distance, I either hit it too soft and it goes 20 feet or too hard and it flies over the green. That is the main thing I am working on currently.
That comes with consistant practice. The problem most hobby golfers have is the lack of consistancy in their swing lacking the basic mechanics. It's the same thing with bowlers too. Constantly always blaming something other than the basics and it almost always comes back to the timing in the swing.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #73
STROKD
Old School

That comes with consistant practice. The problem most hobby golfers have is the lack of consistancy in their swing lacking the basic mechanics. It's the same thing with bowlers too. Constantly always blaming something other than the basics and it almost always comes back to the timing in the swing.
Nope, mine is just practice... Cant be good at something you do twice a decade. My swing is consistent for the most part, my problem is all in finesse... I like to hit the ball far, not good at the 20 yard stuff. I am looking for a lob wedge now which will allow me to basically kill the ball with my normal swing, and have it go almost straight up and stop on the green like a piece of hail hitting the ground (or spin back a few feet). My irons are old and shitty and my pitching wedge is like a 45% angle so being able to get the ball to stop from a short distance is pro level difficult. I have had much better success using my dad's clubs for the short distance stuff, but they are in Idaho now and not easily accessible.