Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SMERF View Post
I workout about 5 x a week. Love staying in shape, if anybody lives near the carrollton lewisville area I usually go to 24 hr by castle hills. To those trying to drink less, I've made my routine to where I workout Fri - Sun and Tuesday- Wed. Working out everyday of the weekend makes you less inclined to go out and saves some serious cash over time.
That's good that you are young and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Keep at it. I noticed a huge savings in cash just by cooking instead of eating out as often as I was.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
SMERF

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
That's good that you are young and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Keep at it. I noticed a huge savings in cash just by cooking instead of eating out as often as I was.

-Alex
Thanks man. Luckily for me, my parents raised me with a pretty active lifestyle and with a healthy diet. I take my lunch to work too except on Fridays lol. That's my cheat day
SMERF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Dominic Toretto

Thanks man. Luckily for me, my parents raised me with a pretty active lifestyle and with a healthy diet. I take my lunch to work too except on Fridays lol. That's my cheat day
I'm on the same schedule as far as cheat days lol. But yeah pack my lunch, and try to stay active outside of working out of course. Do you have a specific goal that you are working towards?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 11-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
SMERF

Im trying to gain weight right now. 5ft 7 160 pounds. Want to be at 175, been hitting more weight less rep and taking mass gainer and quite a bit more food intake. My metabolism is so high its hard to gain weight
Old 11-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
SMERF

So you think adding the extra weight doesn't help with muscle growth? Not trying to have a back and forth just tryna figure out the best way to get relatively quick gains. Any tips you got would be cool
Old 12-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
Dominic Toretto

So you think adding the extra weight doesn't help with muscle growth? Not trying to have a back and forth just tryna figure out the best way to get relatively quick gains. Any tips you got would be cool
Well there's weight that you want and weight that you may not want. You'd really need to assess it on an individual basis. If you are getting the results and looks that you want, then stick to it. That's the key I would advise anyone. No one's physiology is going to be identical to anyone else's. With that said, you can gain weight primarily as muscle or fat. You get stronger adding muscle, obviously, but gaining fat will not increase your strength. Me personally, I don't mind having a little bit of fat because I don't like the super-defined, "cut" look that many guys like to achieve. I do admire Bruce Lee but, would never like for myself to be so fat reduced that you can see each strand muscle fiber lol. I used to be 145lbs, so like you, I did the same thing and took a LOT of mass gainer. It did the job of getting me big, but when I got a size I wanted to I changed over to something with less calories so I could trim down a little fat and continue building muscle.

-Alex

Old 12-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Well, couple days until I head to the doctor to check out my results. Should be interesting to see where I'm at now that I'm eating mainly a plant based diet now. For the first time over a Thanksgiving holiday I didn't gain any weight from eating too damn much!

I've been doing yoga for abit now which I'm really enjoying. I'm going to step up to 4 days a week at the gym to push some more weight around. Gotta get to that goal weight!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
SMERF

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Well, couple days until I head to the doctor to check out my results. Should be interesting to see where I'm at now that I'm eating mainly a plant based diet now. For the first time over a Thanksgiving holiday I didn't gain any weight from eating too damn much!

I've been doing yoga for abit now which I'm really enjoying. I'm going to step up to 4 days a week at the gym to push some more weight around. Gotta get to that goal weight!
Get it bro. I've been trying to up my activity as well. Just started doing mountain bike trails on the weekend which has been a blast.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Remind me not to watch that. You doing the "downward dog" can't be pretty
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #10
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
remind me not to watch that. You doing the "downward dog" can't be pretty

lmao!!
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #11
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Remind me not to watch that. You doing the "downward dog" can't be pretty
LOL!!

Funny though, I wouldn't have known what that was called before doing Yoga. Apparently you must have been jerking off to yoga videos in your youth to know that. lmao.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #12
blownaltered
I have a small penis

LOL!!

Funny though, I wouldn't have known what that was called before doing Yoga. Apparently you must have been jerking off to yoga videos in your youth to know that. lmao.
I was actually doing yoga a few months ago to try and help my hips. I'm supposed to be lifting low weight with my legs multiple times a week. Ang has been up my ass for me to get my fat ass back in the gym so I can start walking without a limp. By the way who didn't jerk off to yoga videos when they were a kid. We didn't have the fast paced internet like these kids do now days, its all we had. That and the underwear adds that came in the mail.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I was actually doing yoga a few months ago to try and help my hips. I'm supposed to be lifting low weight with my legs multiple times a week. Ang has been up my ass for me to get my fat ass back in the gym so I can start walking without a limp. By the way who didn't jerk off to yoga videos when they were a kid. We didn't have the fast paced internet like these kids do now days, its all we had. That and the underwear adds that came in the mail.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #14
BERT
I love tube socks

Last winter I got up to 210 and that was eating everything in site. Got down to 196 with just a better diet and no cardio. Already back up to 205 and haven't really been trying to add weight this time around but i'm not worried about it. Going to keep this going throughout the winter and if my damn shoulder will stop hurting maybe I can get 315 up on the bench. I'm so close lol

Maybe i'll start cutting sooner next year and actually do some cardio. Damn I hate cardio
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #15
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Damn I hate cardio
Same. Takes too damn long.

-Alex