Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #31
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I kinda understand why Ford does what they do with their transmissions trying to keep costs down knowing most of the customer base aren't guys like us who mod the hell out of our cars and beat on them. We are a very small part of their sales. I was surprised to find out that most buyers of base GT's are....women! Where are all these female owners!??
+1.

I don't know where this idea that most people that buy V8 Mustangs are track guys but, this has been the truth for decades. Same with any other performance car.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #32
STROKD
Old School

I just can't see Ford putting in one of those really high end transmissions in the regular GT because it would drive up the cost of the car too much. It's already getting too expensive for a lot of their customer base. I could be wrong though. /shrug
If they werent fucken idiots they could figure it out. VW has the fastest and best one in the world, and it doesnt cost but a grand as an option. Id pay a grand for a dsg everyday in any car... especially a Mustang. its rated 3 tenths! Faster to 60 than a stick in their new R...
Old 04-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
If they werent fucken idiots they could figure it out. VW has the fastest and best one in the world, and it doesnt cost but a grand as an option. Id pay a grand for a dsg everyday in any car... especially a Mustang. its rated 3 tenths! Faster to 60 than a stick in their new R...
Most of their customer base are women for the GT's who don't give a damn about 3 tenths here and there. They want it comfortable, sporty and pretty.

The upper trim levels are more meant for the guys which is why the GT500 is such a large step beyond the GT with it's aggressive suspension, horsepower and exhaust note.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #34
STROKD
Old School

Most of their customer base are women for the GT's who don't give a damn about 3 tenths here and there. They want it comfortable, sporty and pretty.

The upper trim levels are more meant for the guys which is why the GT500 is such a large step beyond the GT with it's aggressive suspension, horsepower and exhaust note.
I understand, but they could still figure it out if they cared to. There is no downside, better mpg than an auto with better shifting comfort and better performance. You should drive the gti sometime, you will see why its really the only transmission that needs to exist. Its nit like Dave's Lambo herky jerky shit... lmao
Old 04-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #35
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I understand, but they could still figure it out if they cared to. There is no downside, better mpg than an auto with better shifting comfort and better performance. You should drive the gti sometime, you will see why its really the only transmission that needs to exist. Its nit like Dave's Lambo herky jerky shit... lmao
LOL, TT Lambo or not, that would drive me insane with that nonsense.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #36
DirtyD

You would at least think they would offer an upgrade option through Ford Racing or something for a better built trans at least for the people that do mod it. There is no way Ford doesn't realize the Mustang is the most modified vehicle in the US, especially for drag racers and road trackers. Hell NMRA has a class dedicated solely to Coyotes/Mustangs now! That's saying something.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #37
rriddle3

Where's all this 'large portion of GT buyers' being women coming from? I see lots of women in Mustangs, but they're all in V6s. Every GT driver I see is a guy.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #38
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
You would at least think they would offer an upgrade option through Ford Racing or something for a better built trans at least for the people that do mod it. There is no way Ford doesn't realize the Mustang is the most modified vehicle in the US, especially for drag racers and road trackers. Hell NMRA has a class dedicated solely to Coyotes/Mustangs now! That's saying something.
Solid points.

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
Where's all this 'large portion of GT buyers' being women coming from? I see lots of women in Mustangs, but they're all in V6s. Every GT driver I see is a guy.
Ford has been saying that for years and also says it increases every year.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #39
STROKD
Old School

Solid points.

Ford has been saying that for years and also says it increases every year.
Ford is full of shit.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #40
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Ford is full of shit.
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. My wife has a Mustang and she got it cuz it's pretty and sounds good. She couldn't give two fucks how fast it is or isn't.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #41
kdanner

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I wonder if this will force AM/Bama out of the tuning game after some people see what's in their tunes...
I'd like to say yes, but I'm already amazed that a company is still in business when they are pretty much known for crappy chinese wheels and crappy tunes. They sell the hell out of both, the masses buy the cheapest thing.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #42
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
I'd like to say yes, but I'm already amazed that a company is still in business when they are pretty much known for crappy chinese wheels and crappy tunes. They sell the hell out of both, the masses buy the cheapest thing.
That is because there are a LOT of people who buy these cars who can't really afford them and mod them as cheap as possible. The same unexperienced people who have not learned that valuable lesson of getting what you pay for.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #43
DirtyD

That is because there are a LOT of people who buy these cars who can't really afford them and mod them as cheap as possible. The same unexperienced people who have not learned that valuable lesson of getting what you pay for.

They seem to cater to the V6 community a lot, which I can understand as there really isn't much 3.7 support that is widely known out there as much as Bama.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #44
Dominic Toretto

That's it's. I am cheap because I don't want to put $6k wheels on a $25k car lol. I guess with that logic, I am also cheap because I bought a Mustang instead of a 458 Italia. I got what I paid for, just like everyone else who bought a Mustang lol.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #45
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
That's it's. I am cheap because I don't want to put $6k wheels on a $25k car lol. I guess with that logic, I am also cheap because I bought a Mustang instead of a 458 Italia. I got what I paid for, just like everyone else who bought a Mustang lol.

-Alex
Yet again, you're exaggerating for effect. My point is that people buy these nice cars and then cheap out on important things like a quality tune. I don't give a shit if you bought some cheap cast wheels from AM or not. That's your decision that you went with that works best for you and your budget. But there is things you don't skimp on that is anything that has to do with engine management and longevity.