Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #16
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Taking Nolan to his first Rangers game next Friday. Should be a blast
Haha, not sure who that is more fun, son or Dad! Either way it will be fun. I really want to take Emma before it gets too hot. I'm just not sure she can sit still that long.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #17
03MachMe

They have lots for the kids to do around the park so of she gets figity just take her to one of the little event things and let her run around

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
They have lots for the kids to do around the park so of she gets figity just take her to one of the little event things and let her run around
Oh cool. Wasn't aware of that.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #19
DirtyD

Yeah, they have a giant play area inside the center field suites. More than enough for her to do. As well as a few small outside games.

I'm so getting a hold of Kevin to tune my car. That will give me the ability to use my current SCT handheld on my new truck for when I up the tire size so I can correct the speedo as well as get a tune for it.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #20
fordplay

What is this hp tuner magic? I guess I could just look it up but..I was lonely and wanted to comment
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #21
kdanner

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
HP Tuner is officially available for 5.0's. Any of you going to try it out?
I had some prereleases during development, wasn't actually using it on cars, but going through everything to see if anything should be added if it was missing. I gave Eric a list of a couple hundred auto trans things to add in, so automatic support should be very complete, including the ability to do the transbrake. The engine side, existing products probably had that covered well enough, but this is more complete.

Between this and the Hypertech flashers you're going to see more and more of, and that SCTs new product release seems to be little more than a refresh of the same old tired product type, things are certainly changing, I think for the better.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #22
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
I had some prereleases during development, wasn't actually using it on cars, but going through everything to see if anything should be added if it was missing. I gave Eric a list of a couple hundred auto trans things to add in, so automatic support should be very complete, including the ability to do the transbrake.
That is some great news for the auto guys.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #23
kdanner

I think Eric worded it well: "A lot of the BS black magic voodoo hush hush top secret tuning crap will now come to light, and people can see the hack tunes for what they are."

Previously there weren't a lot of us with tools that could dump the PCM easily. That all changes now, the more of these sold, the less people can hide in the dark and make their BS claims about their calibrations. You'll be able to dump and view the contents of as many PCMs as you want without even using credits, as those don't get used until you edit a file.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:11 AM   #24
fordplay

No no no crimson, great news for the auto guys is they added a third button to the shifter for 2015.. did you see that? Yep it's an electronic tampon dispenser!!! Ba ha ha ha.. get it?? Ha ha in all honestly if ford made a paddle shifter and transmission like the BMW smg ( which in my mind is a poor man's Ferrari paddle setup) I'd get it , it's just too bad when that Trans goes south, like they all do they are expensive!! Till then I'll keep rowing my gears, and let the auto guys keep hitting the "D" !!!! Ha ha ha
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #25
DirtyD

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
I think Eric worded it well: "A lot of the BS black magic voodoo hush hush top secret tuning crap will now come to light, and people can see the hack tunes for what they are."

Previously there weren't a lot of us with tools that could dump the PCM easily. That all changes now, the more of these sold, the less people can hide in the dark and make their BS claims about their calibrations. You'll be able to dump and view the contents of as many PCMs as you want without even using credits, as those don't get used until you edit a file.
I wonder if this will force AM/Bama out of the tuning game after some people see what's in their tunes...
Old 04-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #26
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Wooohoo. I'm stoked. The weekend is here!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #27
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
No no no crimson, great news for the auto guys is they added a third button to the shifter for 2015.. did you see that? Yep it's an electronic tampon dispenser!!! Ba ha ha ha.. get it?? Ha ha in all honestly if ford made a paddle shifter and transmission like the BMW smg ( which in my mind is a poor man's Ferrari paddle setup) I'd get it , it's just too bad when that Trans goes south, like they all do they are expensive!! Till then I'll keep rowing my gears, and let the auto guys keep hitting the "D" !!!! Ha ha ha
I dont even need a BMW/Porsche like paddle shifting transmission. If it was just a fast shifting, auto-rev, then I would be sold. First one that I think is going to attempt this is the C7 Z06. I love manuals, but I like winning more.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #28
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I just can't see Ford putting in one of those really high end transmissions in the regular GT because it would drive up the cost of the car too much. It's already getting too expensive for a lot of their customer base. I could be wrong though. /shrug
Old 04-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #29
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I just can't see Ford putting in one of those really high end transmissions in the regular GT because it would drive up the cost of the car too much. It's already getting too expensive for a lot of their customer base. I could be wrong though. /shrug
Agreed. But I think there has to be better option for a low cost trans that is still a decent trans.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #30
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I kinda understand why Ford does what they do with their transmissions trying to keep costs down knowing most of the customer base aren't guys like us who mod the hell out of our cars and beat on them. We are a very small part of their sales. I was surprised to find out that most buyers of base GT's are....women! Where are all these female owners!??