Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #16
brtnstrns

Well, less than one week away.

From looking over the entry list, looks like I'm the only Mustang that's going to be there. Hate to be a novice representing the Mustang community but maybe I'll surprise myself and some others and do well! Or I'll be so damned nervous I'll hit half the cones. But man I am looking forward to putting this IRS through it's paces.

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
03MachMe

Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
Well, less than one week away.

From looking over the entry list, looks like I'm the only Mustang that's going to be there. Hate to be a novice representing the Mustang community but maybe I'll surprise myself and some others and do well! Or I'll be so damned nervous I'll hit half the cones. But man I am looking forward to putting this IRS through it's paces.
Just go have fun. The hardest part is making sure you don't mess up the route. I DQed my first two because I took a slalom the wrong way. I will make it to either the Aug or sep event and hope to get a few of us to go. Try riding with someone that is experienced and that will help a lot also make sure traction control is off lol

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I hope to hit up one of these events in the fall when it starts cooling off. I just don't want to beat on the car tempting fate in this heat. It looks like a lot of fun though.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #19
03MachMe

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I hope to hit up one of these events in the fall when it starts cooling off. I just don't want to beat on the car tempting fate in this heat. It looks like a lot of fun though.
What are you worried about? The runs are less than a minute. Then about 20 min till you run again anther 20 min then your 3rd run. Then like 2hrs before another set of 3

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 07-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #20
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
What are you worried about? The runs are less than a minute. Then about 20 min till you run again anther 20 min then your 3rd run. Then like 2hrs before another set of 3
Afraid of breaking the car. Can't risk breaking it spending unnecessary money for awhile.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #21
brtnstrns

Just go have fun. The hardest part is making sure you don't mess up the route. I DQed my first two because I took a slalom the wrong way. I will make it to either the Aug or sep event and hope to get a few of us to go. Try riding with someone that is experienced and that will help a lot also make sure traction control is off lol
Yeah, I won't be surprised if I go the wrong way, even watching some videos that shit looks confusing. But I'm gonna try to catch a ride with someone beforehand. Having a big group out there would be awesome and yeah, I'll try to remember turning TC off...I hate the feeling of it getting tripped

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Haha, yeah I'm a little scared of if something breaks being all the way over in Mineral Wells...that would suck. But I'm thinking it should be fine since the whole point is for the driving to be as safe as possible.

Even better, the previous owner of my car was a drag racer so he had a switch installed to turn on the radiator fan while the key is on "accessory". That with the electric water pump, I should be able to cool down my car in about 20 minutes. Well...theoretically.

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
Old 07-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #22
saunupe1911

I just registered my car but I haven't finalized registration. I need to be sure my 295/35/20 Nitto Invo are on the car , which they should be, before I submit the cash. Will also be grabbing a helmet before the end of week.

Everything else is prepped. StopTechs are less than 4 months old, fresh Amsoil Signature 5W-30, fresh tires should be on, and the wife will be out of town. It's going down!!!
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #23
brtnstrns

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
I just registered my car but I haven't finalized registration. I need to be sure my 295/35/20 Nitto Invo are on the car , which they should be, before I submit the cash. Will also be grabbing a helmet before the end of week.

Everything else is prepped. StopTechs are less than 4 months old, fresh Amsoil Signature 5W-30, fresh tires should be on, and the wife will be out of town. It's going down!!!
Awesome! I don't have a helmet so I'm counting on one being there that I can borrow. Look forward to seeing you there. Will it be your first time or have you done it before?

03 DSG Mach 1

Old 07-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #24
saunupe1911

Awesome! I don't have a helmet so I'm counting on one being there that I can borrow. Look forward to seeing you there. Will it be your first time or have you done it before?
It will be my first time. I'm in the Novice, Street Modified (SM) class as well. Hopefully I don't rip through a cone. I know one thing...I've looked at the entry lists of numerous local AutoX events and there's 1 maybe 2 Camaros max. I'm pretty sure they can't see crap.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #25
saunupe1911

I also plan to get the pretty early to prep the front bumper with painters tape for extra protection. I'm not driving across the metroplex with that crap on my car lol.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #26
brtnstrns

I also plan to get the pretty early to prep the front bumper with painters tape for extra protection. I'm not driving across the metroplex with that crap on my car lol.
Yeah, I notice a lot of people do that but I don't know if I really feel like taking all the time to do that. I feel like there's a better chance of screwing up the front end driving behind 18-wheelers than going around the course. Guess we'll see. I don't know what class I'm in. As far from stock as my car is, I'm pretty sure it'll be in the higher classes which should be funny.

03 DSG Mach 1

Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #27
03MachMe

There is no need for that in autocross because there is only one car on the track at a time. You will never be close enough to another car to have rocks thrown at your front bumper.

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 07-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #28
03MachMe

Yeah, I notice a lot of people do that but I don't know if I really feel like taking all the time to do that. I feel like there's a better chance of screwing up the front end driving behind 18-wheelers than going around the course. Guess we'll see. I don't know what class I'm in. As far from stock as my car is, I'm pretty sure it'll be in the higher classes which should be funny.
You will be novice street modified as well. Don't worry about the other cars in your class you will be competing with the other novice drivers. Mostly just try and beat your last time every time out

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 07-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #29
brtnstrns

I just realized something...my driver side window doesn't roll down right now. Does that mean I'm not going to be able to run? I know these sort of events usually require you to have your windows down...

03 DSG Mach 1

Old 07-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #30
03MachMe

Don't think so. Lots of ppl had them up I think. I don't remember them making sure my windows worked

386rwhp/383rwtq