Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I am wondering if maybe since jeff has been switching back and forth between e85 and pump that maybe there is a slight bad mixture of fuel that nite and the tune was pulling timing??? Just curious as to why it did not perform. I have not rode in the car, but from my understanding of his and nicks race he was running away from him which shows he is making more steam. Even though their mph was pretty similar... just some food for thought.. we need to get a log of his car soon and see what is going on with it on the street..
you guys and your bad mixtures of fuel. remind me to not gas up in mckinney.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
Toby

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
Hey Im just throwing out an idea. It has nothing to do with the gas station but more on having 2-3 gallons of 93 then putting 10 gallons of e85.. At that point you no longer have e85... I get fuel for my truck in mckinney with 0 issues.. I use race track and qt at 75 and 380. i regularly get 18-19 mpg from my truck.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Hey Im just throwing out an idea. It has nothing to do with the gas station but more on having 2-3 gallons of 93 then putting 10 gallons of e85.. At that point you no longer have e85... I get fuel for my truck in mckinney with 0 issues.. I use race track and qt at 75 and 380. i regularly get 18-19 mpg from my truck.
should'nt it be common sense for him to use up a full tank before racing on e85 to make sure theres no traces of 93 left. I think you guys make too many excuses for him.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
Toby

should'nt it be common sense for him to use up a full tank before racing on e85 to make sure theres no traces of 93 left. I think you guys make too many excuses for him.
I am making 0 excuses for him. Again as I said before, the car did not perform like it should. Go back and re-read my previous post.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
Toby

I am wondering if maybe since jeff has been switching back and forth between e85 and pump that maybe there is a slight bad mixture of fuel that nite and the tune was pulling timing???
?????