Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #16
03MachMe

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
TT Ford GT..

TT UGR Superleggra Gallardo..

Mustang Gt.

Yeah, I can see how you come to that.
I thought he was saying Danner has a mullet and wears a ponytail. Yes I agree the Mullet has better cars than us.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #17
DirtyD

Yeah, I meant the real Mullet. lol. I've only seen wbt and talked to him. Never seen kdanner.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #18
El_Tortuga

I don't consider any media unbiased.

I subscribe to C&D mostly because with their reviews you can glean which car would be your selection, i.e their writeups describe the vehicle characteristics well. Even within their ranks, the various testers opinions do vary. I do tend to trust their test numbers better, but with any of them they are only valid if the other car is tested under identical conditions. With C&D, you can pretty much guarantee the BMW will win most comparos, and they are worthless in evaluating trucks. The most "carlike" wins every truck comparo, the closest they do to load testing is pick up a dryer @ Home Depot. LOL
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #19
kdanner

I've never had a mullet. My hair hasn't been cut since, well, last century. Back when print media maybe had some relevancy left. If these mags were real world, then when you go to the track you'd see stock SS Camaros running times virtually identical to stock 5.0 Mustangs. Seen any lately? Anyone? Bueller?
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #20
fordplay

Motor trend revised their rating system a year or so ago now? Where it's in categories, and each category has "opinions" for points.. like in the gt500 vs zl1 even though the gt500 performance section beat the zl1 the reviewers opinions on performance provided a win for the chevy in that section. .. I'm sorry performance should be numbers.. yeah C&D has better reviews but strange numbers, they are fun to read sometimes and I keep getting them because my kids have fundraisers so I get a year subscription for like $10.00 but It just ticks me off sometimes.
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #21
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
Motor trend revised their rating system a year or so ago now? Where it's in categories, and each category has "opinions" for points.. like in the gt500 vs zl1 even though the gt500 performance section beat the zl1 the reviewers opinions on performance provided a win for the chevy in that section. .. I'm sorry performance should be numbers.. yeah C&D has better reviews but strange numbers, they are fun to read sometimes and I keep getting them because my kids have fundraisers so I get a year subscription for like $10.00 but It just ticks me off sometimes.
http://media.caranddriver.com/files/...camaro-zl1.pdf

Car magazines are still interesting to me. I like to read them while taking a dump. I have turned mostly to youtube now as MotorTrends channel, along with some other channels are much better at reviewing the cars and as a bonus you get to see the car perform on a road and/or track. I prefer C&D when it comes to the magazines though, there rating system was a little more fair with the ZL1 vs GT500 test.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:41 AM   #22
fordplay

Maybe C&D were more fair but still the new ratings where personal opinion enter into it... that bull shit purchased .. you know? One of my favorite tests was the M3 vs the 2011 mustang.. The M3 won the track, barely and the mustang won the 1/4 mile but on the track the writer made a better lap time with the mustang, then the tame racing driver got in to them both and pushed the BMW like it was meant to and beat the mustang, but they compared numbers. Some of the interior tests were opinions but and M3 interior compared to a mustang. . Come on the M3 killed it.. but it seemed like an honest test.. I'm not saying GM vehicles are crap "DOM" but GM has been purchasing test results lately
Old 04-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #23
DirtyD

The Smoking Tire and /DRIVE are amazing YouTube channels for such unbiased car comparisons.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #24
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
The Smoking Tire and /DRIVE are amazing YouTube channels for such unbiased car comparisons.
Truth. Matt tends to get more of the normal cars we can possible afford. Chris gets the European and pasta rockets that we all wish we could afford lol.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:22 AM   #25
fordplay

I like the smoking tire.. but go back in his videos 3 or 4 years, he is very ford bias, in past videos he even bad mouthed the volt and cars like it.. what is he saying is the best car ever now? The volt he has, I think he is still a little ford bias but he's pushing that volt thing way too hard