Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #31
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I was just stating that if the Mustang does in fact shed 200-300 lbs, and has 450 (or more) hp, it would in fact be competition for the C7. Yes they are different cars, built for different purposes, but for them to still be on the same level (in terms of performance stand points) as the C7 is impressive to say the least. Because that leaves no room for GM to make the Camaro comparable, considering it would have to be on basically par with the Vette...
Yes sir, that's what I'm praying for but it's a long shot. I doubt GM will allow an alpha platform SS Camaro = a base Vette in overall performance even if an S550 out performs it. That Camaro will have to be a new 1LE or something that includes a substantial price hike. Th next 2 to 3 yrs is going to be interesting. I would give my left pinky toe for Z51 a though.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #32
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Adam View Post
You don't get it....
Care to elaborate? What exactly do I not "get"?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #33
Adam

Care to elaborate? What exactly do I not "get"?
Unless major philosphical changes have happened at ford then the mustang will NEVER be close to competion for the Vette.
Regardless of the irs and weight loss in the 2015 ford would still have to seriously upgrade the brakes for GT models(what 85% of can probably afford) and have a legitimate handling package option from the factory. Not some under sprung, crappy dampened bs like they did on the current brembo models. Think 1LE Camaro. I'll concede that in 0-120mph numbers the next mustang might be close to the c7. But in every other measure of a SPORTS car it'll fall short I'm afraid.
2013- PW GT, MF street AB, AED tune, jlt cai,Lethal o/r x-pipe, gt500 spoiler, Barton bracket, koni yellows, ground control camber plates,steeda sport springs, whiteline PHB, whiteline sway bars,whiteline brackets, whiteline UCA & LCA, DSS driveshaft.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #34
saunupe1911

Unless major philosphical changes have happened at ford then the mustang will NEVER be close to competion for the Vette.
Regardless of the irs and weight loss in the 2015 ford would still have to seriously upgrade the brakes for GT models(what 85% of can probably afford) and have a legitimate handling package option from the factory. Not some under sprung, crappy dampened bs like they did on the current brembo models. Think 1LE Camaro. I'll concede that in 0-120mph numbers the next mustang might be close to the c7. But in every other measure of a SPORTS car it'll fall short I'm afraid.
I'm hopping this type of package is released as a track package or something. Also none of the test mules had rear brembos....not good!
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #35
DirtyD

Never said the S500 was a sports car. Yes, it's comparing apples to oranges, but the next gen Mustang may likely end up being a very apple-like orange. It's going to be a 2+2 that is pushing the boundaries of the pony car/sports car line.

Your statement can still fall under the speculation category. We DON'T know what the brakes and suspension will be like on the S550 chassis until it is released, and people really get to compare it the the C7. So I guess both of us should withhold any further judgement on this car/platform until it's a physical car with physical, legitimate, concrete numbers behind it.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #36
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Never said the S500 was a sports car. Yes, it's comparing apples to oranges, but the next gen Mustang may likely end up being a very apple-like orange. It's going to be a 2+2 that is pushing the boundaries of the pony car/sports car line.

Your statement can still fall under the speculation category. We DON'T know what the brakes and suspension will be like on the S550 chassis until it is released, and people really get to compare it the the C7. So I guess both of us should withhold any further judgement on this car/platform until it's a physical car with physical, legitimate, concrete numbers behind it.
I agree with Adam here, you don't get it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #37
Adam

Meh. Speculation gives me shit do on a Monday.
2013- PW GT, MF street AB, AED tune, jlt cai,Lethal o/r x-pipe, gt500 spoiler, Barton bracket, koni yellows, ground control camber plates,steeda sport springs, whiteline PHB, whiteline sway bars,whiteline brackets, whiteline UCA & LCA, DSS driveshaft.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #38
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I agree with Adam here, you don't get it.
What's new there? You act like my girlfriend does when it comes to discussions. Lol.

Meh. Speculation gives me shit do on a Monday.
That's the truth.

Last edited by DirtyD; 10-28-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #39
Grandpa
I> /\/\

LMAO. I can always count on you to give me a good laugh.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #40
DirtyD

LMAO. I can always count on you to give me a good laugh.
We had a fun "discussion" Saturday going down to Austin. Basically as soon as I replied to what she said, it went from "discussion" to, "you're wrong!"

Women...
Old 10-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #41
Grandpa
I> /\/\

We had a fun "discussion" Saturday going down to Austin. Basically as soon as I replied to what she said, it went from "discussion" to, "you're wrong!"

Women...
You have a lot to learn about women young grasshopper. Anything you say after she speaks is just the beginning of another argument.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #42
DirtyD

You have a lot to learn about women young grasshopper. Anything you say after she speaks is just the beginning of another argument.
Oh, I know. I still try to make it not turn into that...

Both of us are so hard headed, I swear our children will be able to wear the entire Ironman suit with the exception of the helmet...
Old 10-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #43
Adam

In which case if she happens to start losing that argument she'll bring up other crap to try and sway it back in her favor....
Old 10-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #44
STROKD
Old School

I think it looks pretty great, but Ill never buy one.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #45
Grandpa
I> /\/\

In which case if she happens to start losing that argument she'll bring up other crap to try and sway it back in her favor....
LOL, yup. It's just better not to fuel the fire by being hardheaded arguing just attempting to win an argument there is no winning to.