Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #226
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Didn't hear that. That GS had an exhaust for sure though. Sounded awesome.

Like that Tech said, they wagon wasn't going to go too far, but he made it until like the 4th round or so. But had he not had those 28x10.5s, he wouldn't have even beat me. Lol
Originally Posted by sasquash1984 View Post
That gs has tune and long tubes I know that he says he now puts 414 to the wheel
Wow, so dude straight up lied through his teeth and had he won id of got a look under the hood to call him out. I don't get some of these guys that go out to this event. Lies only make you look worse when you lose.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #227
sasquash1984

What's crazy the guy who owns the gs vette his wife just bought a 2011 Shelby gt 500 but ain't racing it....apparently she don't wont him breaking anything
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #228
DirtyD

Default Mustang VS Camaro Pre-Meet !!! June 15th

What's crazy the guy who owns the gs vette his wife just bought a 2011 Shelby gt 500 but ain't racing it....apparently she don't wont him breaking anything
Yeah, I've been talking to his wife on YouTube about videos and such of the races. She doesn't let him race her car at all. Lol
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #229
Anglwngss

Pictures I took are on Lone Star Camaro's Facebook page. The following link should get you there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lone-...=photos_stream
Anglwngss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #230
fordplay

Oh dirty... you've been talking to his wife huh?? Ha ha, OK so they (tech inspection) let's basic bolt on slide... and I'll more than bet cams and headers are snuck in .. well.. it appears I'll be a cheerleader this week as I'll have my son in the stands.. I'll bring beer in case you get eliminated early!!
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #231
Doug1227

What class would mine be in? The KB on a DR comes out pretty strong.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #232
DirtyD

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
Oh dirty... you've been talking to his wife huh?? Ha ha, OK so they (tech inspection) let's basic bolt on slide... and I'll more than bet cams and headers are snuck in .. well.. it appears I'll be a cheerleader this week as I'll have my son in the stands.. I'll bring beer in case you get eliminated early!!

I agree that cars should be inspected under and inside the engine bay. If they really wanted to make this fair, more people would come out and enjoy it.

I think Sportsman class should only be pony cars, not sports cars. Vettes are kind of hard to place because simple mods make them faster than most of the other current cars in Sportsman.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #233
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Doug1227 View Post
What class would mine be in? The KB on a DR comes out pretty strong.
You will be put in Super Car.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #234
sasquash1984

You will be put in Super Car.
I would highly suggest that class unless u want stomped by the Subaru or trailered in drag cars in outlaw. Just check off factory supercharger and your gtg
Old 06-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #235
DirtyD

I would highly suggest that class unless u want stomped by the Subaru or trailered in drag cars in outlaw. Just check off factory supercharger and your gtg
I think that's where he would fall anyways. Wasn't there another s/c 5.0 or 4.6 there Friday that was put into Supercar, only because they were originally N/A? To me, that makes the most sense. A N/A to super charged car should go Sportsman to Supercar. An already turbo or supercharged car that is given non stock components (bigger snails, Whipple, etc) should go to Outlaw from Supercar.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #236
sasquash1984

I think that's where he would fall anyways. Wasn't there another s/c 5.0 or 4.6 there Friday that was put into Supercar, only because they were originally N/A? To me, that makes the most sense. A N/A to super charged car should go Sportsman to Supercar. An already turbo or supercharged car that is given non stock components (bigger snails, Whipple, etc) should go to Outlaw from Supercar.
Yeah I know half of the cars running super have lots of mods but the rules changed this year to have "legal" mods by shops hence why the officials put me in super and not outlaw even though I have cam and head work done. The rules state no engine internals or after market blowers or turbos, but like I said it falls onto how fast you run and what the officials say. For example if he comes out and blows the doors off that gtr he would get pushed over to outlaw.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #237
DirtyD

Yeah I know half of the cars running super have lots of mods but the rules changed this year to have "legal" mods by shops hence why the officials put me in super and not outlaw even though I have cam and head work done. The rules state no engine internals or after market blowers or turbos, but like I said it falls onto how fast you run and what the officials say. For example if he comes out and blows the doors off that gtr he would get pushed over to outlaw.
Yeah. I completely agree. It's hard to judge the fastness of a car just off mods. I mean hell, there are guys out there in Cobras making 700 rwhp off the stock M112 Eaton that has been ported by Steigmeir to a Stage 5, and it still looks exactly like a stock blower on the outside. LOL
Old 06-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #238
sasquash1984

Lol, I have a buddy from high school that has a 02 svt cobra with a mammoth kb blower he says he's putting 700 down but won't take it to the track I like common
Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #239
Bearded Banger

Lol, I have a buddy from high school that has a 02 svt cobra with a mammoth kb blower he says he's putting 700 down but won't take it to the track I like common
There were only 100 or so 2002 cobras made an they were all shipped to Australia. If it is indeed an 02 it is very rare, and I wouldn't have KB it. I would have wrapped it in bubble wrap and stored it away.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #240
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
There were only 100 or so 2002 cobras made an they were all shipped to Australia. If it is indeed an 02 it is very rare, and I wouldn't have KB it. I would have wrapped it in bubble wrap and stored it away.
Why did they skip 2002 anyways? I mean you go 99-01, then 03-04? I guess they needed time to upgrade the 99-01 after they sucked. Lol