Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:45 PM   #76
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I didn't lie, I said they look the same. I don't give a shit if you think they are completely different they aren't. Yes they do minor changes but not enough for me to call it a different car. It's still a vette with a shitty looking rear end. If you like it so much go buy one big guy but for me to spend a 100k I'm going to buy a car that doesn't look like the car that is half the price.

You said they look exactly alike. Clearly you do not have the correct understanding of what the word exactly means. Here it is spelled out "in every respect."

How on earth do the cars look exactly alike when everything else is different except roof panel, doors, door mirrors, and trunk? Exactly, they don't. Oh and I never said that I think they are completely different but, I'll give you a cookie if you can find a quote where I did. I can quote all day your false claims, you can't do the same to me. Chevy made major changes but guess what, it is similar to a Stingray because.... it IS a Corvette lol. What did you expect them to make it look like? Not a Corvette? That's fine if you don't think it's worth your $100k but Chevy doesn't care, the cars will sell just fine whether you buy one or not.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 01-24-2014, 12:36 AM   #77
03MachMe

I thought Steve was bad about being a vette nut swinger.....

Our point is if we are going to spend that much on a car I don't want to look like any other car I will see on the road 99% of the time. If I spend that much on a z0 in a few years it will look like the rest of the c7 vettes with old men behind the wheel

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 01-24-2014, 12:47 AM   #78
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Lick my fuzzy beanbag copper.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #79
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post

You said they look exactly alike. Clearly you do not have the correct understanding of what the word exactly means. Here it is spelled out "in every respect."

How on earth do the cars look exactly alike when everything else is different except roof panel, doors, door mirrors, and trunk? Exactly, they don't. Oh and I never said that I think they are completely different but, I'll give you a cookie if you can find a quote where I did. I can quote all day your false claims, you can't do the same to me. Chevy made major changes but guess what, it is similar to a Stingray because.... it IS a Corvette lol. What did you expect them to make it look like? Not a Corvette? That's fine if you don't think it's worth your $100k but Chevy doesn't care, the cars will sell just fine whether you buy one or not.

-Alex
Well great by your logic nobody will know I drive a fox body, since the hood and trunk are different. Shit I should charge double for it when I sell it. It even has a supercharger to, it must be a completely different car. I appreciate the heads up
Old 01-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #80
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Well great by your logic nobody will know I drive a fox body, since the hood and trunk are different. Shit I should charge double for it when I sell it. It even has a supercharger to, it must be a completely different car. I appreciate the heads up
No I am beginning to see your point. A Stingray and ZO6 do look exactly alike.

Some very minor and unnoticeable differences I found include:

Front bumper
Front splitter
Front spoiler
Front wheels
Front tires
Front fenders
Front fender badges
Side skirts
Rocker panels
Rear fenders
Ride height
Rear spoiler
Rear wheels
Rear tires
Rear brak ducts relocated
Rear bumper
Rear bumper tail lights

After noticing all those differences I can conclusively say you are right and I was wrong. The two cars are exactly alike in appearance. My bad bro. This matter can be put behind us.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 01-24-2014, 09:33 AM   #81
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Im taking donations for daily bans...
Old 01-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #82
DirtyD

Old 01-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #83
Dominic Toretto

Anyway back on topic, I'm betting Chevy makes a convertible version. Since the 911 is their target and the Turbo is available as a ragtop, only makes sense.

-Alex

Old 01-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #84
DirtyD

Anyway back on topic, I'm betting Chevy makes a convertible version. Since the 911 is their target and the Turbo is available as a ragtop, only makes sense.

-Alex
The Z06 won't be a convertible. It defeats the purpose of the car. In order to strengthen the chassis and make it as rigid as the HT version, it would have to undergo some serious weight gain from a stronger substructure. Plus it's a safety concern.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #85
Dan12GT

I'd like to see it as a targa top!

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Old 01-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #86
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
The Z06 won't be a convertible. It defeats the purpose of the car. In order to strengthen the chassis and make it as rigid as the HT version, it would have to undergo some serious weight gain from a stronger substructure. Plus it's a safety concern.
In all honesty I hope you are right. I hope it doesn't become a convertible but, it's definitely possible and wouldn't be difficult at all to do. All existing hardware already exists to make it happen. Just a matter of choice.

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
I'd like to see it as a targa top!
It is a targa top. The roof is removable on the C7ZO6 and about time if you ask me. It's 20% more rigid with the panel off than the outgoing ZO6 and 60% more rigid with the panel in place.

-Alex

Old 01-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #87
Dan12GT

In all honesty I hope you are right. I hope it doesn't become a convertible but, it's definitely possible and wouldn't be difficult at all to do. All existing hardware already exists to make it happen. Just a matter of choice.

It is a targa top. The roof is removable on the C7ZO6 and about time if you ask me. It's 20% more rigid with the panel off than the outgoing ZO6 and 60% more rigid with the panel in place.

-Alex

Ah okay that's what I thought I got from the video.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Old 01-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #88
DirtyD

I just think they would have to revisit too much rigidity on the subframe itself to make it worth while. There is a reason why convertibles typically have a couple hundred pounds of extra fat over hard tops.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #89
Grandpa
I> /\/\

After the dismal sales of the 427 convertible, I seriously doubt GM would entertain a convertible Z06 anyways especially since they are already in so much financial trouble to start with.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #90
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I just think they would have to revisit too much rigidity on the subframe itself to make it worth while. There is a reason why convertibles typically have a couple hundred pounds of extra fat over hard tops.
It would be heavier yes just not out of the realm of possibility. Many people thought that a targa ZO6 wouldn't happen and it did and is stronger than the hardtop ZO6. That's a telltale sign right there. But you and I are on the same page, I hope it doesn't happen.

Financially it makes sense though, as people have been wanting one. This new ZO6 should sell greatly. The performance, looks are as to be expected and nothing short of phenomenal. But the fact that you can get one with a targa and auto is going to seal the deal for increased sales.

-Alex

Closed Thread