Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #46
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Mine was a 2010. That's what I suspected but didn't want to mess with it and keep throwing money at it. I had money to get the mustang so I traded that puppy in.
The S5 guys had it bad. That was a high perf model and they were having to dissassemble the motors at 50k for cleaning!
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #47
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Jalopy? LOL My rx7 would own that fucking V. This new setup is gonna be even more wicked. Half Bridge. Funny story your V cost what 40k? LOL yea you're big time! LOL
I'm sure your asshole appreciates the time off with all that shit coming out of your mouth but give it rest already. No one other than you for a moment could believe any part of that nonsense. Lmao
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #48
re-rx7
Banned

This fucking guy^ LOL
Old 10-07-2014, 11:03 PM   #49
garner

Well fuck in that case my fiesta has AC, Recaros, Auto climate control, nav, moonroof? bwwahaa Got a little brown on your nose.
But you don't have suede, cooled seats, memory seats, etc. Plus it's a fiesta. None of your cars compare to a v, simple as that. A fiesta with all those features is still lower class than a v, and therefore a jalopy

But I will say, my 5.0 is a jalopy compared to yours cause I only have power seat

Last edited by garner; 10-07-2014 at 11:05 PM.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #50
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by garner View Post
But you don't have suede, cooled seats, memory seats, etc. Plus it's a fiesta. None of your cars compare to a v, simple as that. A fiesta with all those features is still lower class than a v, and therefore a jalopy

But I will say, my 5.0 is a jalopy compared to yours cause I only have power seat
suede and memory seats lol Your argument is seats......

All of my cars compared to a V? Hell the fiesta is way more advanced than some shit pushrod motor. LOL
Old 10-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #51
re-rx7
Banned

someone has the butthurt.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:54 PM   #52
garner

And your argument is that performance makes your car not a jalopy, aka the typical Honda guy argument. Performance doesn't determine whether or not a car is a jalopy, the condition and comfort features do

I'm so glad you've accepted that you're butthurt
Old 10-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #53
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by garner View Post
And your argument is that performance makes your car not a jalopy, aka the typical Honda guy argument. Performance doesn't determine whether or not a car is a jalopy, the condition and comfort features do

I'm so glad you've accepted that you're butthurt
So the conditon and confort sets apart the jalopies? So damn My fiesta is way up there on the non jalopy list!!
Old 10-08-2014, 12:07 AM   #54
garner

But compared to the V, it's still a jalopy

Lmao just realized the thread name change

Last edited by garner; 10-08-2014 at 12:12 AM.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #55
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
My gti was a fun car, but I dumped it for the mustang because I could smell trouble coming. Every vehicle that I or my family had driven up until that gti had literally been turn key and drive for well over 100k with nothing more than routine maintenance. Mainly ford and GM vehicles. At two years old and 60k my gti was idling rough cold and giving me a blinking cel. I had no idea what it was but I began reading horror stories of other people and their fairly low mileage volkswagens/audis shitting the bed for a lack of better words. Hell, I had a coworker with a nice gli snap the timing belt before the service interval. Like 60ish k? I didn't want to drop big money for that great German "engineering". It's all hype and over engineering just to make money after warranty. I still like volkswagens but would never own anything Euro again out of warranty except a volvo.
Well said, but not to sound like a dick, I trade my dailies every 2-3 years. I take care of em, keep them nice, then off to a new one. I dont like maintenance either, so keeping them new keeps that worry off my mind. I lease usually and they hold their value so well, that the payment is cheaper than buying a Ford like the Focus or even Fiesta... since I dont keep em, Id rather have a nicer car for less money a month. Having a car for 100 k miles is 10 years of driving for me, and Ive only kept 2 cars in ny life over 10 years, and they are in my sig.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #56
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Well said, but not to sound like a dick, I trade my dailies every 2-3 years. I take care of em, keep them nice, then off to a new one. I dont like maintenance either, so keeping them new keeps that worry off my mind. I lease usually and they hold their value so well, that the payment is cheaper than buying a Ford like the Focus or even Fiesta... since I dont keep em, Id rather have a nicer car for less money a month. Having a car for 100 k miles is 10 years of driving for me, and Ive only kept 2 cars in ny life over 10 years, and they are in my sig.
You are absolutely correct in leasing. You live in town and I don't blame you one bit. If I could lease I would but where I live I have to drive 30 miles on way to go somewhere. Lol
Old 10-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #57
STROKD
Old School

You are absolutely correct in leasing. You live in town and I don't blame you one bit. If I could lease I would but where I live I have to drive 30 miles on way to go somewhere. Lol
Might be cheaper to move if thats a permanent thing... unless u live with family free or something. Even a paid off house is sellable, use that and pay cash for a house closer to civilization. Never understood appeal of living in the sticks.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #58
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Never understood appeal of living in the sticks.
It's quiet.

No traffic.

More privacy.

It's not crowded.

Less light pollution and can actually see the stars at night.

Burn outs on country roads with no one to bitch about it.

If you have enough property -

1) you can shoot guns

2) ride ATV's/dirt bikes

3) ride horses

I can't wait to move out onto some property in the sticks!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #59
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
It's quiet.

No traffic.

More privacy.

It's not crowded.

Less light pollution and can actually see the stars at night.

Burn outs on country roads with no one to bitch about it.

If you have enough property -

1) you can shoot guns

2) ride ATV's/dirt bikes

3) ride horses

I can't wait to move out onto some property in the sticks!
You could survive an Ebola outbreak lol
Old 10-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #60
BERT
I love tube socks

Here's what I've learned in this thread.

STROKD is buying a Huracan!!!!!!!!!

and RX7 is arguing about a Fiesta.................... a Fiesta.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote