Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #46
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Yea but you dont get a warranty for that either. Your missing the one pt that matters. Fun to drive aspect. If you've never driven a Miata i encourage you to do so. It is so small and light that you can just toss it anywhere. Cost of ownership is low, insurance low, tires cheap ect.... On given Sunday more mazdas are road raced then any other car. What track records does a miata have? How about most classes at any given track? lolololool
I haven't been able to. I've got a good friend that has a tastefully modded S2000 and he loves boasting about that car. He would never race me in my C5. One day on the way home from work I see him and continue driving. So he speeds up to me on one of the backroads by DFW airport and we nail it from a 35 or 40 roll and left him by like three cars lengths. That's my point. It may be fun on a track but, he never tracks the car. So I just can't see how driving one on the street is fun. When can someone drift through a turn signal lol? If someone were to log the amount of time they spend driving, I'm willing to bet that 98% is done driving on the road and just about as much is used driving in a straight line.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #47
46Tbird

Different strokes for different folks.

I figured if I wanted to ride around in a shitty Passat or something, I'd just find some girl with one and have her take me to lunch in it. I wouldn't actually drop coin on a shitbox like that...
Old 10-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #48
DirtyD

Originally Posted by GunsUp View Post
You couldn't pull it off
I'm not trying to look good in it. It would be a cheap, small, but fun drivers car that I could daily and still haul Tucker around in by easily removing the passenger seat, not only to save weight, but give him more room to fit. LOL

Plus Stephanie would never be caught dead in it, so it's feasible.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #49
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Different strokes for different folks.

I figured if I wanted to ride around in a shitty Passat or something, I'd just find some girl with one and drive around while she stayed home to make me a sandwich like she is supposed to. I wouldn't actually drop coin on a shitbox like that...
Fixed it for you, Danny.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #50
DirtyD

Drive one and you will feel like your driving a aircraft carrier when you get back in the stang.
As long as I can blow shit up, I'm happy with driving a boat.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #51
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I haven't been able to. I've got a good friend that has a tastefully modded S2000 and he loves boasting about that car. He would never race me in my C5. One day on the way home from work I see him and continue driving. So he speeds up to me on one of the backroads by DFW airport and we nail it from a 35 or 40 roll and left him by like three cars lengths. That's my point. It may be fun on a track but, he never tracks the car. So I just can't see how driving one on the street is fun. When can someone drift through a turn signal lol? If someone were to log the amount of time they spend driving, I'm willing to bet that 98% is done driving on the road and just about as much is used driving in a straight line.

-Alex
ITs the way it connects to the driver. You have to drive one to understand. Power isnt everything. Any fool can spend money and be fast. In the turns especially curvy mtn rds Balance is everything and the Miata is balanced as is most of the MS3 line.
Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
As long as I can blow shit up, I'm happy with driving a boat.
LOL
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #52
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I wasn't going to comment on this subject until the Miata subject came into it. I have a group of high roller friends who are all into autocrossing/track racing. In the group is a couple of lambos, Porsches, a Backdraft Cobra, a Ferrari and few other high end toys. They've been racing together for many years and they all eventually turned to Miatas to race around the track racing the Spec class. They are very quick around the track and a blast to drive.

That being said, everyone one of them have told me that Miatas are complete piles of shit. They are just cheap to fix and mod, but don't expect them to stay together or last very long. It's a running joke about how crappy they are, but these guys rather throw away a fraction of the money replacing shit on the Miatas than the high cost of their expensive rides around the track that see mainly street duty.

Drive daily or be seen in it off the track? Hell no.

Go out and thrash on it for a weekend around a track with other like minded guys then put it away to drive away in a actual cool car to leave the track? Certainly.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #53
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
That being said, everyone one of them have told me that Miatas are complete piles of shit. They are just cheap to fix and mod, but don't expect them to stay together or last very long. .
That all depends on treatment. Josh has a sick miata. Id rock that bitch all over the place.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #54
DirtyD

That all depends on treatment. Josh has a sick miata. Id rock that bitch all over the place.
I'm sure Dale's will turn out awesome too.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #55
Grandpa
I> /\/\

That is a matter of opinion if it's sick or not. His car is a street duty car, he doesn't race it. If he did, it would fall apart like the rest of them do.

If you really want to get down to it, ANY car you take out to track on a regular basis that is going to see extreme abuse is going to take a beating. Some are going to last longer than others. Miatas were designed for 50 year old women for a Sunday afternoon drive and not beating on them around a track. lol
Old 10-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #56
OG Fox
Supporting Member

That is a matter of opinion if it's sick or not. His car is a street duty car, he doesn't race it. If he did, it would fall apart like the rest of them do.

If you really want to get down to it, ANY car you take out to track on a regular basis that is going to see extreme abuse is going to take a beating. Some are going to last longer than others. Miatas were designed for 50 year old women for a Sunday afternoon drive and not beating on them around a track. lol
any track car will fall apart and need maintenance. no car is designed to be tracked hard from factory.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #57
re-rx7
Banned

Yea thats why they mazdaspeed turbo versions with bigger sways and all.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #58
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I'm sure Dale's will turn out awesome too.
IF Dale actually gets one(I'm not convinced this isn't some crazy hose job yet lol), I doubt he will have it very long. He is a big dude and very tall. He will have to drop the seat to the floorboard just so he has a chance of being able to see through the windshield. He will most likely have to drive it hunched down to be able to see and be able to ride in it with a hardtop. I doubt very seriously the convertible top will clear his head. lol

Almost everyone I know with a Miata has a second car to drive too. Those who don't have a second car don't seem to keep their Miatas for very long street duty.

In my opinion, driving a modded Miata for daily duties is a step backwards from driving a whored out no manners having foxbody Stang which isn't fun to drive everyday either. It really comes down to what a individual owner can tolerate on a daily basis.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #59
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
any track car will fall apart and need maintenance. no car is designed to be tracked hard from factory.
I believe I said that in the second part of my post. lol
Old 10-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #60
Midnight11
El Presidente

dale has one. i dropped him off to get it yesterday

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote