Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #1
JDMLOL

Default Daily Driver Discrimination

Does anyone feel as though they are treated differently by their fellow drivers when you are driving your daily? I swear, when I'm in my Volvo I get the impression that EVERYONE has to pass me just because I'm in an old car. Whether I'm doing 75-80 in the fast lane or not everyone goes around me. Prime example: this morning I'm driving along and this ass in a Suburban behind me and I do one of those nearly coordinated lane changes where we change lanes almost at the same time. This jerk basically taps my bumper keeping me in my lane. Then I end up getting in another lane and leaving him. Lol. I'm not sure if it's just my perception or not. In my stang I just drop it in 3rd or 4th and get in any hole that I can safely fit in.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
kanetrain

My mustang is my daily so I get a lot of thumbs up and "nice car!" yells.
Eibach coil over kit, adjustable panhard bar w/ rear LCAs, Hurst shifter, magnaflow cat-back exhaust, o/r x-pipe, 85mm tb, cai, tune, 3.73 rear end gears, gold plated cross drilled/slotted rotors, TSW 19inch wheels, nice big 305s on the rear.
kanetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
DirtyD

My Mustang is my daily, atm, so I just drop gears and leave the dipshits that try and mess with me or cut me off in the mornings.

I'm about to pick up a Supercrew, so let's see if that changes. Just need to get me a Ranch Hand....
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Klownz

lol, get what your saying...my problem is when I'm in the stang nothing like that ever happens.

2012 Mustang GT - replaced motor mounts with yarn
2011 CTS-V COUPE - Added a wife
Klownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Stop clogging up the flow of traffic in the fast lane. Slower cars move to the right! Lane campers suck!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
Stone

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
My Mustang is my daily, atm, so I just drop gears and leave the dipshits that try and mess with me or cut me off in the mornings.

I'm about to pick up a Supercrew, so let's see if that changes. Just need to get me a Ranch Hand....
People definitely get the hell out of the way when you're in a truck. Lovin it.
[email protected]
817-481-3531

F-150 Tremor
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #7
PCB

uploadfromtaptalk1396625588847.jpg

Back when I drove this, no one really fucked with me. Ever since it's not the same but in the SRT people moved over, didn't tailgate and definitely never made eye contact.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
rriddle3

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
...Whether I'm doing 75-80 in the fast lane or not ...
There is no such thing as "the fast lane". It's called the passing lane. If you're not passing, move over.

Originally Posted by PCB View Post
Attachment 1303Back when I drove this, no one really fucked with me. Ever since it's not the same but in the SRT people moved over, didn't tailgate and definitely never made eye contact.
They saw a 300 on 24s and figured you had a gun and no insurance.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #9
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by PCB View Post
Attachment 1303

Back when I drove this, no one really fucked with me. Ever since it's not the same but in the SRT people moved over, didn't tailgate and definitely never made eye contact.
They were of being on the receiving end of a drive by.. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #10
JDMLOL

I was attempting to pass slow traffic in the middle lane. When I'm in the passing lane I am passing cars to my right. If someone is riding my ass I get over and then get back in the passing lane because I usually am passing slower cars to the right...

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 04-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
JDMLOL

People just decide that I am some idiot that doesn't drive the speed limit in my 28 year old volvo.

The Queen:
Old 04-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #12
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post

Lol.

The Queen:
Old 04-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #13
Klownz

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
There is no such thing as "the fast lane". It's called the passing lane. If you're not passing, move over.

2012 Mustang GT - replaced motor mounts with yarn
2011 CTS-V COUPE - Added a wife
Klownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #14
garner

Originally Posted by Stone View Post
People definitely get the hell out of the way when you're in a truck. Lovin it.
Not down here lol. When I had my ram with a ranch hand they said oh let me cut you off
Old 04-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #15
MnemonicGhost

My 2006 Xterra daily driver isn't completely ignored. I drive it pretty "briskly" and you'll know if you're holding me up if you glance at a mirror. I drive 121 from McKinney to Plano every day during rush hour, so I may be a little jaded. Your mileage may vary, but I've noticed a few common stereotypes of drivers and their vehicles:

Trucks are most common to think they are god in the left lane. Domestics most often, the newer and more suburban (lifted 4x4 but pristine bodywork) the worst it is. Tow mirrors or not, they have no idea, clue or care who is behind them. Dodge seem to be the worst offender.

Next are the moms in their minivans, commonly BMW X5 and other luxury mini suvs. I just don't think they know any better, but love to see a cell phone in their hand or their emergency 4 lane change to make their exit!

Next up is folks with Texas Tech logos on their car. I think driving like a jerk is on the entrance exam. Scores multiply if you see any greek letters. Not sure why, but they are almost worst than your BMW/Mercedes crowd.

BMW/Mercedes luxury fleet. Audi owners seem to be exempt, as long as not riced out. While this crowd does drive fast, they will be damned if they ever get out of your way or that of any other common man. Blinker bulbs are pristine and never need replacing since they are never used.

Mods thus far: JLT Oil Separator - MMD Hood Struts
MnemonicGhost is offline   Reply With Quote