Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #16
El_Tortuga

Traffic behaves differently. When I drove my old Capri which was ratty, rusty, and sporting black steel aero knockoffs(way before it was a "look") I was like a leper, I was given plenty of space. Merging was a breeze. I never had the guts to get the "no insurance" windshield sticker as I didnt even get it inspected the last 3-4 years of its life (cheaper to pay a ticket every year or two than fix emmisions). Got a new truck with paper tags and it was like I had static cling. Bastards!!!

Worst was a mercury tracer wagon. NOBODY liked being passed by that, and they would speed back up on me left and right. It was sooooo gutless I couldn't fight back. Cheap family car when I had to have cheap to survive.

Drove an older 1 ton work diesel for a while. It was the old body style Ford in plain white rapper that rattled and clattered like a spray can. Driving that in traffic I felt like Moses parting the seas. Nobody wanted that beast on their bumper or even close by.

Mustang is DD so all is cool. Get some respect, and if a spot is there, acceleration is so effortless, quick, and easy. They don't have time to react. Of course I'd prefer a giant safety bubble of space that simply isn't available in the city.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:19 AM   #17
JDMLOL

Default Daily Driver Discrimination

Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
but love to see a cell phone in their hand or their emergency 4 lane change to make their exit!

Oh, I love seeing that. "Let me risk a massive pile up because I'm in too big of a hurry to go down one exit and turn around..."

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #18
donutninja

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Oh, I love seeing that. "Let me risk a massive pile up because I'm in too big of a hurry to go down one exit and turn around..."
Since moving to Dallas, I'm convinced that if anyone misses their exit, a lightning bold tears through the sky and they immediately die.
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #19
kirbster

I feel like people tailgate me or try to pass me in my truck. In the Mustang it rarely happens.
kirbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #20
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by donutninja View Post
Since moving to Dallas, I'm convinced that if anyone misses their exit, a lightning bold tears through the sky and they immediately die.

Right. The absolute worst place people do that is the eastbound side of the IH-20/820/287 interchange near Arlington/Kennedale.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 04-07-2014, 07:43 AM   #21
fordplay

The mustang is my daily so I don't have to suffer by driving a 28 year old car every day, I bought it to drive and it's street legal, ( meaning if yours isn't street legal I understand) and I have no delusion that my mass produced vehicle is a classic, ford sells roughly 5,000 a month..
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #22
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
The mustang is my daily so I don't have to suffer by driving a 28 year old car every day, I bought it to drive and it's street legal, ( meaning if yours isn't street legal I understand) and I have no delusion that my mass produced vehicle is a classic, ford sells roughly 5,000 a month..

My car 28 a year old volvo is street legal in every aspect. I drive it all over the metroplex with over 300k on the stock drivetrain. Naw, the mustang will never be worth anything. Who would want a nice low mileage pony car in 40 years?

The Queen:
Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #23
DirtyD

Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
My 2006 Xterra daily driver isn't completely ignored. I drive it pretty "briskly" and you'll know if you're holding me up if you glance at a mirror. I drive 121 from McKinney to Plano every day during rush hour, so I may be a little jaded. Your mileage may vary, but I've noticed a few common stereotypes of drivers and their vehicles:

Trucks are most common to think they are god in the left lane. Domestics most often, the newer and more suburban (lifted 4x4 but pristine bodywork) the worst it is. Tow mirrors or not, they have no idea, clue or care who is behind them. Dodge seem to be the worst offender.

Next are the moms in their minivans, commonly BMW X5 and other luxury mini suvs. I just don't think they know any better, but love to see a cell phone in their hand or their emergency 4 lane change to make their exit!

Next up is folks with Texas Tech logos on their car. I think driving like a jerk is on the entrance exam. Scores multiply if you see any greek letters. Not sure why, but they are almost worst than your BMW/Mercedes crowd.

BMW/Mercedes luxury fleet. Audi owners seem to be exempt, as long as not riced out. While this crowd does drive fast, they will be damned if they ever get out of your way or that of any other common man. Blinker bulbs are pristine and never need replacing since they are never used.
You hit every single topic I would ever talk about. lol
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #24
Antothoro

Yeah, I avoid this because I drive my stang daily.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #25
fordplay

Your plan is to be alive in 40 years? And still have that car? Yeah with as fleeting and fickle as life is that's a terrible plan.. life is too short to force yourself to drive a pos. It's too short to eat cheap steaks, smoke cheap cigars, swill cheap booze. Live within your means but enjoy what you can. I could have kept my focus and forced myself to drive it during the week and polish the mustang in the garage. And only take it out on sunny days and meets and.... no I'm sorry I can't even finish that it's boring me to death. . I understand if you need a daily driver that's a Mercedes suv because you are a realtor, or a truck because you haul bricks. But if you don't. . It's like having a model for a wife but banging her grandmother because you don't want to wear it out...
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #26
5PointSlow

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
Your plan is to be alive in 40 years? And still have that car? Yeah with as fleeting and fickle as life is that's a terrible plan.. life is too short to force yourself to drive a pos. It's too short to eat cheap steaks, smoke cheap cigars, swill cheap booze. Live within your means but enjoy what you can. I could have kept my focus and forced myself to drive it during the week and polish the mustang in the garage. And only take it out on sunny days and meets and.... no I'm sorry I can't even finish that it's boring me to death. . I understand if you need a daily driver that's a Mercedes suv because you are a realtor, or a truck because you haul bricks. But if you don't. . It's like having a model for a wife but banging her grandmother because you don't want to wear it out...

Epic post sir!!! I agree and you sure as hell can't take any of this stuff with you when you die!

I have two vehicles my 14 FX4 EgoBoost and my 5.0. The truck is my family hauler/grocery getter and I pretty much daily my 5.0. The only days I don't drive my stang to work is when they call for hail.

As far as discrimination for driving I get looks all the time like I'm put driving my dad's truck or mustang. I'm not rich by any means but I have a very successful career in the Navy which has allowed me to afford nice things at 31. Most people assume I'm early/mid 20s when they first talk to me. I'm not mad lol, but some of the looks by dudes in their 50s is kind of amusing.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #27
DirtyD

I plan on keeping my 5.0 until it's totaled or stolen and not recovered. It's been a car I've always wanted, regardless of the fact it's a POS in Steve's mind. I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. 1) It's the last retro design, which I'm found of, and 2) it will be paid off and turned into an epic toy years from now.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #28
03MachMe

Main reason for a dd for me is to haul the family and that way I have something to drive when I break something on the mustang. Since I actually race mine it's only time before stuff breaks and when it does I like the option to take my time to fix it. Plus I would rather drive a pos in the rain /sleet/etc then my mustang

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #29
Dominic Toretto

I love how this thread got turned right back into people debating on why/why not someone should/shouldn't have a daily.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #30
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I plan on keeping my 5.0 until it's totaled or stolen and not recovered. It's been a car I've always wanted, regardless of the fact it's a POS in Steve's mind. I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. 1) It's the last retro design, which I'm found of, and 2) it will be paid off and turned into an epic toy years from now.
I never said the car was a POS.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote