Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #31
G-Mann

Most of the cars that have rev'd me were other muscle cars just acknowledging that fact and I give them a friendly what's up rev right back. If a civic or any 4 cylinder rev'd me I'd smile and rev their ass's back with my big v8, long tubes and borla exhaust, its a shouting match I can't lose. Don't start nothing won't be nothing is my motto.

Reminds of the very first time I took my pops for a ride in my 5.0, I said I wasn't going to drive fast and the very first red light I came to I got pole position and here comes this 6 cylinder challenger driving a fool and reving his shit. When the light turned he gunned it and I just could not let that shit go. Pops looked over at me and said "car has some get up and go" about 15 seconds later came the ricer fly by

Last edited by G-Mann; 03-24-2014 at 11:11 PM.
G-Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:21 AM   #32
Disturbed

Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
Most of the cars that have rev'd me were other muscle cars just acknowledging that fact and I give them a friendly what's up rev right back. If a civic or any 4 cylinder rev'd me I'd smile and rev their ass's back with my big v8, long tubes and borla exhaust, its a shouting match I can't lose. Don't start nothing won't be nothing is my motto.

Reminds of the very first time I took my pops for a ride in my 5.0, I said I wasn't going to drive fast and the very first red light I came to I got pole position and here comes this 6 cylinder challenger driving a fool and reving his shit. When the light turned he gunned it and I just could not let that shit go. Pops looked over at me and said "car has some get up and go" about 15 seconds later came the ricer fly by
Yep. This is what I was talking about.
Disturbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
When the light turned he gunned it and I just could not let that shit go.
My question is, WHY couldn't you let it go? Clearly a 6cyl Challenger is no real challenge, so why bother?
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:39 AM   #34
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Clearly a 6cyl Challenger is no real challenge, so why bother?
True story. They aren't even competition unless you find one of the $45k 392 SRT8s.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #35
kanetrain

I get reved at a lot, but I always just accept it as a compliment. I do rev AT people sometimes that are doing stupid things. It's my "horn".
Eibach coil over kit, adjustable panhard bar w/ rear LCAs, Hurst shifter, magnaflow cat-back exhaust, o/r x-pipe, 85mm tb, cai, tune, 3.73 rear end gears, gold plated cross drilled/slotted rotors, TSW 19inch wheels, nice big 305s on the rear.
kanetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #36
GTOphil

Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
Yep. This is what I was talking about.
I know you were, but it's always fun to see a v8 guy get defensive.

I raced an Acura TSX the other day because he looked at me and we both knew we were going...I was in the wife's truck though and the guy was a friend. Just having some fun.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:00 PM   #37
MnemonicGhost

As a former '93 LX hatchback 2.3l owner, I've been on the "other end" of the rev game way too often. F-bodies would rev at me at a stoplight, and I just turn and shrug. "What do you want me to do?"

Now I've got the '13 5.0l, but don't mess around much on city streets. I do roll my eyes at the POS imports or straight up minivans who do 15+ over the speed limit, but are completely incognito next to my purty and clean deep impact blue stang!

Mods thus far: JLT Oil Separator - MMD Hood Struts
MnemonicGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:08 AM   #38
Disturbed

Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
As a former '93 LX hatchback 2.3l owner, I've been on the "other end" of the rev game way too often. F-bodies would rev at me at a stoplight, and I just turn and shrug. "What do you want me to do?"

Now I've got the '13 5.0l, but don't mess around much on city streets. I do roll my eyes at the POS imports or straight up minivans who do 15+ over the speed limit, but are completely incognito next to my purty and clean deep impact blue stang!
Careful, you might trolled for saying this
Disturbed is offline   Reply With Quote