Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:44 AM   #16
fordplay

I rev at other mustangs and good looking cars just to get the drivers attention and flash the thumbs up or the deuces, and I've had others do that to me.. it's cool. Unless you are in a v6 mustang. . Then you are a lower class then me and I won't even look over... know your role!!! Just kidding, you gotta understand the 4 bangers have a chip on their shoulders, and they have been told by movies a cai and exhaust makes a civic run 10's
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #17
Futwa

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
I rev at other mustangs and good looking cars just to get the drivers attention and flash the thumbs up or the deuces, and I've had others do that to me.. it's cool. Unless you are in a v6 mustang. . Then you are a lower class then me and I won't even look over... know your role!!! Just kidding, you gotta understand the 4 bangers have a chip on their shoulders, and they have been told by movies a cai and exhaust makes a civic run 10's
LOL! so true. Right around the time the first Fast and Furious came out I would get the ol' rev or ricer flyby a few times a day. This was when I drove the bigblock chevelle who wasn't much for the corners but great from a light. I will say I respect all fast cars no matter the brand, but we've all been in our first car feeling like we were on top of the world and could beat anyone haha.
Futwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #18
re-rx7
Banned

I posted a vid of a stock looking teg making 720 and dragging 800whp vettes like bitches. Stock tranny too lol. B series motors are stout.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #19
JDMLOL

Default 4 Banger Trolls

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I posted a vid of a stock looking teg making 720 and dragging 800whp vettes like bitches. Stock tranny too lol. B series motors are stout.

Still would rather have the vette. Imagine the torque steer. It would be scary.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:08 PM   #20
DirtyD

I don't rev at anyone. I have had a cammed G8 rev at me once, as well as a few other Mustangs (foxes, new edges, and some V6s LOL) and a couple of Camaros. If they don't wave and act serious about doing it to get my attention, I just turn my head slowly to look at them, shake it side-to-side, and drive off.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #21
GTOphil

Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
So, I decided to go out this evening for a bite to eat. On the way out of my complex, a dude in a civic si decided to rev his engine at me, and made direct eye contact. Not 10 minutes later, I was at a Braum's (the one off of western center & I-35). They have this little driveway in that area to give access to the local stores, so its a real tight 2-way. This asian dude in a wrx sti waited until he got right up beside me to rev so hard that he bumped the rev limiter 3 times.

What on earth makes these idiots think they are faster? The WRX looked completely stock, and the civic was a laughing matter. I literally had this asian guy give me the troll face with his window down while revving.

Its not that I dont like 2.3-2.5 liter engines... I would just rather have a couple of them under my hood.
Does anyone else get constantly revved at by slow 4 bangers?
I'd laugh my butt off if one of those "stock looking 4 banger trolls" blew your doors off.

No reason to act like that, your type makes V8 owners look bad.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #22
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Still would rather have the vette. Imagine the torque steer. It would be scary.
This car was setup really well. Watch the vid. Id rather have the teg.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #23
Disturbed

Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post
I'd laugh my butt off if one of those "stock looking 4 banger trolls" blew your doors off.

No reason to act like that, your type makes V8 owners look bad.
My type makes V8 owners look bad? By doing what? Driving by and being revved at by fart cans? You make no sense sir.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #24
Disturbed

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
No doubt there are super fast 4 cylinders out there under gas or turbo. What I mean is, this guy had stock exhaust too. I cant see anyone building a high HP 4 cylinder while leaving the exhaust untouched.

Im down for a challenge if they rev at me... but to give me the troll face and speed off is kinda lame. Why point your gun and put your finger on the trigger if your not going to shoot?
Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #25
GTOphil

Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
My type makes V8 owners look bad? By doing what? Driving by and being revved at by fart cans? You make no sense sir.
By acting like they're all morons who are beneath you when, in fact, you have no clue what their car might do to your "precious" mighty 5.0.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #26
Disturbed

Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post
By acting like they're all morons who are beneath you when, in fact, you have no clue what their car might do to your "precious" mighty 5.0.
Your a failure of a troll man. Most people here are discussing the behavior at hand, but you want to chime in with your valuable two cents with a personal bashing. Are you an arrogant old kodger or something?

This thread isnt about me bashing 4 cylinder drivers who didnt do anything at all, its me bashing those that are revving at me like juvenile delinquents. When I start bashing people for no reason at all, you can let me know then.
I am also not above a GTR or other high performance 4 or 6 cylinder. So I am not high and mighty either. My 5.0 is however "precious" to me, just like anyone else who makes the investment.

Why dont you post to the topic at hand with civility or go take your trolling elsewhere.
Disturbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:47 PM   #27
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Take it easy fellas. Lets keep it civil please
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #28
re-rx7
Banned

JEff your mood changes day to day. On a rampage today i see?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #29
Disturbed

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Take it easy fellas. Lets keep it civil please
Disturbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:06 PM   #30
Dominic Toretto

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote