Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
Yes, Capt. Obvious, that is true, but that wasn't what I was saying now was it? I was merely pointing out that he didn't need to add c.i. to get the power levels we used to have to use big inch motors for. Now that tuning almost any combination is possible, large engines aren't needed to achieve insane power levels. But I also see that you're quite a bit younger than I am, so you likely don't remember those times. Thanks for playing though, we have some nice parting gifts for you backstage.
Lmao, ok, my fault, I have no idea wtf I'm talking about...I've never had a car as magically fast as yours is..

What parting gifts did I win?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
downtime!

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Lmao, ok, my fault, I have no idea wtf I'm talking about...I've never had a car as magically fast as yours is..

What parting gifts did I win?
No you didn't know what I was talking about. It wasn't about small cube blower motors versus large cube blower motors. It was comparing a larger cube n/a motor to a std cube blower motor. Simple as that. And this is the slowest car I've owned in years. Again, making assumptions is not your strong suit.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
No you didn't know what I was talking about. It wasn't about small cube blower motors versus large cube blower motors. It was comparing a larger cube n/a motor to a std cube blower motor. Simple as that. And this is the slowest car I've owned in years. Again, making assumptions is not your strong suit.
Don't need to make assumptions. I wasn't talking about a na big cid motor vs a smaller blown motor, because I'm not into NA and being slow. A larger cid motor with boost making the same power as a smaller motor needing more boost will be faster. I guess I shouldn't have quoted you to get you all ruffled, since it seems to really bother you with what I said and it wasn't exactly your point. Not sure why anyone would spend money for a bigger motor and not boost it. Have a friend with a 760bhp 445 lsx, and he's slower than anyone I hang with because he won't put a damn power adder on it.

Yes a blown 5.0 will beat a 347 or 408 NA, but my point was a blown stroker would torch a blown 5.0. Sorry if I derailed your point.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
downtime!

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Don't need to make assumptions. I wasn't talking about a na big cid motor vs a smaller blown motor, because I'm not into NA and being slow. A larger cid motor with boost making the same power as a smaller motor needing more boost will be faster. I guess I shouldn't have quoted you to get you all ruffled, since it seems to really bother you with what I said and it wasn't exactly your point. Not sure why anyone would spend money for a bigger motor and not boost it. Have a friend with a 760bhp 445 lsx, and he's slower than anyone I hang with because he won't put a damn power adder on it.

Yes a blown 5.0 will beat a 347 or 408 NA, but my point was a blown stroker would torch a blown 5.0. Sorry if I derailed your point.
Not ruffled at all, just pointing out that in the context of what I was talking about, you interjected a viewpoint that was totally irrelevant. I'm a boost fan as well these days, not sure why anyone wouldn't boost anything.