Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #13
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Depends on your end goals. These cars can handle a small amount of boost and with the right tune be fine. I would say you never want to go above 600whp. To be honest I would feel more safe with it around 550. The horror stories we read are when people way over push the motors (we've had a few in our group). Take Josh Bishop or Ryan Knight's cars for good example. They make good power safely and aren't over pushing the motors.

I think a lot of people look at these cars and compare them to the terminators which have around the same amount of power stock. However, they are 2 very different cars. Obviously the terminators have way more potential due to the forged motor.

I'd say if you are trying to go for anything north of 600whp you better start looking into building the motor and full fuel system.
From what I have noticed about most people that chase power is that they always want more. So sure, 550 may be impressive for a few months but, then why go through the trouble of then breaking down the engine later and spending more money when it could have been much cheaper to do it the first time? It would be a lot cheaper to build it complete the first time, and if you want 550, go with that for the time being. When that becomes slow, simply increase the fuel delivery, tune and viola, have more power without having to open the engine up a second time.

I have a buddy at work that is debating between a new Evo and a 5.0. He's got a 2014/13 Dodge Dart that he JUST bought and was wanting to mod it for power. I said, why didn't you just buy an actual performance car? He started looking at newer cars and decided between the two mentioned. Now he's planning to take a huge hit on depreciation for his new car for an even newer car, spend all of his tax return plus any other money for a down payment AND have larger payments when he could have saved a ton from just buying the better car the first time. Juss sayin lol.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote