Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Sponsors and Vendors > Vorshlag Motorsports

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:51 AM   #16
DirtyD

Still waiting on mine as well.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #17
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
I dont think there is a shifter, bushing or mount out there that will fix these shitbox getrags. Mine is in the shop with just under 9k for a crunchy second gear.
Im thinking maybe it could be Motor mounts? Lots of movement up front will effect the trans as well. That being said mine has been whining so its going in soon.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #18
Red Devil

Got one ordered today cause I had bonus bucks at cj pony expiring, hope its worth my bucks lol
Old 10-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #19
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Im thinking maybe it could be Motor mounts? Lots of movement up front will effect the trans as well. That being said mine has been whining so its going in soon.
I've heard that helps.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Old 10-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #20
DirtyD

Been over a month since I placed my order and was told they had a new shipment coming.

Vorshlag, do y'all have an ETA on when you expect the next shipment to arrive? Is Whiteline that far behind with demand that the back log is this deep?

I emailed with no response the other day...
Old 10-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #21
BERT
I love tube socks

So what does this thing actually do? From the pics I can't tell. If it supposed to help with the tranny torqueing over, I thought that's what the shifter bracket was for? Am I wrong?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
DirtyD

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
So what does this thing actually do? From the pics I can't tell. If it supposed to help with the tranny torqueing over, I thought that's what the shifter bracket was for? Am I wrong?
Stiffens the trans mount to further prevent the torsional and lateral deflection of the entire motor/trans relative to the shifter, which is rigidly "connected" to the body, thanks to the shifter bracket.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #23
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Stiffens the trans mount to further prevent the torsional and lateral deflection of the entire motor/trans relative to the shifter, which is rigidly "connected" to the body, thanks to the shifter bracket.

I see. Wonder what Ford was thinking when it came to this?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
DirtyD

I see. Wonder what Ford was thinking when it came to this?
Just the remote mount shifter design of the Getrag, as well as the tremec tr6060. remote mount shifter is just a bad design.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #25
Dan12GT

Ford wasn't thinking much I don't think. They skimped on the tranny big time. I wouldn't be surprised they have an entirely different tranny in the 15s and admit to the mt-82 being subpar.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Old 10-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #26
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Ford wasn't thinking much I don't think. They skimped on the tranny big time. I wouldn't be surprised they have an entirely different tranny in the 15s and admit to the mt-82 being subpar.
I don't really think you will see them change trans....unfortunately.

If they do, then they did a damn good job keeping that under wraps
Old 10-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #27
modernbeat

Been over a month since I placed my order and was told they had a new shipment coming.

Vorshlag, do y'all have an ETA on when you expect the next shipment to arrive? Is Whiteline that far behind with demand that the back log is this deep?
As far as we can tell, yes, Whiteline's backlog IS that deep. We've been told they are on their way, but I suspect they are in a container ship, not airmail.

This bushing is an insert that keeps the stock transmission mount bushing from collapsing and allowing the transmission to twist over to one side under load. When twisted, the body mounted shifter is no longer in line with the transmission, causing missed shifts, or blocked shifts.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #28
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
As far as we can tell, yes, Whiteline's backlog IS that deep. We've been told they are on their way, but I suspect they are in a container ship, not airmail.

This bushing is an insert that keeps the stock transmission mount bushing from collapsing and allowing the transmission to twist over to one side under load. When twisted, the body mounted shifter is no longer in line with the transmission, causing missed shifts, or blocked shifts.

Ah, thanks for answering. It's kind of aggravating that Ford went away from the shifter being inside the tail of the transmission
Old 10-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #29
DirtyD

Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post

I talked with Terry on Facebook and he said that it took them 3 months to even get the first shipment....that's sad...

I can understand that container ships are the cheap effective route to keep cost low, but I honestly wouldn't mind paying a tad more to airmail it. LOL

They aren't really that heavy either.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #30
modernbeat

I talked with Terry on Facebook and he said that it took them 3 months to even get the first shipment....that's sad...

I can understand that container ships are the cheap effective route to keep cost low, but I honestly wouldn't mind paying a tad more to airmail it. LOL

They aren't really that heavy either.
I can understand that too, but I imagine it's not by itself. Whiteline doesn't just sell small bushings. The other parts we use from them on S197s, like the Watts link and swaybars are large, heavy, bulky packages that I definitely do NOT want to pay double shipping for.